Tracks of Yester-Year

shockme#62

PR Member
me too, springvalley was a great track lots of corners quick jumps,jaw breaker, i loved the uphill double and triple sometimes, was really diappointed at some of the low turn outs it was such a fun track.

Double D

PR Founding Father
yes, crash and burn was the name. men like harold robinson, phil mattie, john resien, tim and terry hollinger, just some that were there in the 70's early 80's

Harold used to ride with my brother so we used to follow him around. harold was doing the Suzuki s while my bro ws on CZ's

shockme#62

PR Member
i don't miss the rubber band start LOL if you were at the end you almost got snapped by it, and i don't miss the dust, man it was bad western reserve in the 70's was a dust bowl too, but i grew up at crash and burn alot of good racing in those days.

shockme#62

PR Member
Harold used to ride with my brother so we used to follow him around. harold was doing the Suzuki s while my bro ws on CZ's
i will scan a pick of me getting the hole shot from harold it was my 1st and only time i got the jump on him in the 125 class in 1975.

shockme#62

PR Member
i will scan a pick of me getting the hole shot from harold it was my 1st and only time i got the jump on him in the 125 class in 1975.

crash and burn Harold Robinson #13, Me #179. 1975 at crash and burn in canal fulton ohio me getting the holeshot #179.jpg 1975

John250

PR Founding Father
i don't miss the rubber band start LOL if you were at the end you almost got snapped by it, and i don't miss the dust, man it was bad western reserve in the 70's was a dust bowl too, but i grew up at crash and burn alot of good racing in those days.

I just mentioned Rubber Bands in another post!

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Just to go back to the original photos for a sec...

Several people got them right.

#1 Mathias Raceway -- it should be pointed out that this is the second version of Mathias that has also since gone away. The original track was on the same property but closer to the freeway.

#2 Zero Gravity -- track is still there just for private use only.

#3 Broken Spokes -- It would be cool to see a 'today' pic of Spokes, I heard at one point that Bob leveled it all after he retired. I always had fun there, I just sucked racing there.

Jon16

PR Founding Father
I heard Bob put in a dam and flooded the track area so he could fish there.

I ran into John that ran Mathias not long ago. I know him pretty well from when he owned All in 1 cycle in Canton South, then later owned Blackhawk in Cambridge. He now does construction work. He still lives at Mathias said hes always out riding trails.

Jon16

PR Founding Father
I was told not long ago something about Spring Valley was made into a hunting place.

MX315

PR Addict
Everyone remember the spokes parking lot of mulch where u could just pin it and lay it over drag the bars.....and that sweet top track section with the real big doubles coming out of the turn...place was so sweet and fun....two tracks....trails...hills....fishing!

loneranger171

PR Addict
Everyone remember the spokes parking lot of mulch where u could just pin it and lay it over drag the bars.....and that sweet top track section with the real big doubles coming out of the turn...place was so sweet and fun....two tracks....trails...hills....fishing!

Loved that mulch area ! Didnt realize how much I miss that place until it was gone...loved some of the hills u could climb as much az the track...

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Here are a couple more to guess

Track #1
P1010024.jpg

Track #2
backsection.JPG

Track #3
P1010001.jpg

Track #4 -- small hint, this place isn't closed....but this isn't the track anymore.
P0001175a.JPG

JMOORE330

PR Addict
I never rode or even saw the old crow track, ive only seen that area as it is now all rutted and mudholes. That actaully looks better than the current crow track. Is #2 beechwood? Doesnt look like it to me, ive been wrong b4 tho. Track #1 looks like Lo-Conn maybe?

JMOORE330

PR Addict
I heard Bob put in a dam and flooded the track area so he could fish there.

I ran into John that ran Mathias not long ago. I know him pretty well from when he owned All in 1 cycle in Canton South, then later owned Blackhawk in Cambridge. He now does construction work. He still lives at Mathias said hes always out riding trails.

Anyone know if this is true about Broken Spokes? If so i understand Bob was over it and done but wow thats really a shame and waste of a great time.

freeh

PR Founding Father
#1- Lo-conn
#2-beechwood
#3-country hills?
#4-old crow track

I think you got it except I don't think #3 is CH. No idea what it is though. Does not even look familiar to me. It looks like there is a starting gate there and I don't remember CH having a starting gate.