Favorite local rider.....

MX315

PR Addict
With all the bashing...Figure we can change it.... who was the guy you went to the track....And was just blown away at his speed..local Ohio hero....Mine is the mighty one mike Katin...And when I saw Matt Barnes ride beans on a125 he was on the throttle on the whole track never let off WFO. So who did want to see when you pulled up?

Jon16

When i was younger and on 80s i always wanted to watch david hill, tom kelley, matt barnes, micky marshall, katin, rogers365,boyas, tim farr, brian bellinger. To name a few. Then i ended up being friends with all of them for the most part.

Mighty mike for sure as well as a young brock sellards. I remember him winning b class on his 80...kids was inspiring but katin was my favorite

Mostly because he was growing up as I got started, but I never could get enough of watching Brock Sellards ride. I believe I saw him beat everyone on an 80 in the extra class at Malvern. When he transitioned to a 125 I just could not believe how fast he rode that Kawi.

Oh yeah Ron boyas was the man when I was growing up....sickest damn whips around!! Micky Marshall was crazy fast! He lapped the whole field on a 80 at Malvern in a 4 lap race!

Emery Anden from Belle Vernon. Dude won EVERYTHING in the mid '80's in D5, Also Charles "Chinky" Godby, Timmy Coombs, Gary Pustulak, Tommy Carson was blazin' fast. Davey Yezek too.

Fred Andrews

I remember riding a hare scramble at Motosport. I thought I was cruising as fast as possible through a tight woods section until Fred steamed by like I was standing still.

Trevor and Brock. Trevor goes without saying, and I'll never forget when Brock invited the boys and I into his race trailer at the Toledo AX last year and sent them home with signed goggles and gloves. Awesome.

Good post!

Thanks Meister!

I remember growing up riding in the strip mines behind my house, and every spring/summer, Mighty Mike would be back there riding. I knew he was fast, but never knew the extent until years later. I loved watching Barnes ride, but it never hit home b/c he was just the young MXer at school.

I always loved watching both of them. They made everything look so easy. I wish they were both still riding!

Jon16

When i was younger and on 80s i always wanted to watch david hill, tom kelley, matt barnes, micky marshall, katin, rogers365,boyas, tim farr, brian bellinger. To name a few. Then i ended up being friends with all of them for the most part.

+1 and brock sellards, rode with him at spokes and spring valley on his fmf honda. just when i thought i was going fast he flew by me like i was sitting still lol

Brock was definitely my favorite, he is not all that much older than me but when I was in Jr. Mini he looked like a giant spanking B class on his 80

Way way back..... Jon Leak was the epitome of coolness at Norwalk Raceway Park's night races. He did whips before there were whips! I remember that as a kid.

When I was a bit older........ Dave Hand was riding professionally in Europe some but we came across him practicing at home, boy was he smooth and great on a bike. Racing Dave many years later for a few years in D12 was lots of fun, it took many tries/years before I ever beat him in a moto.

Brock Sellards once he was a professional and riding at Beans all the time was awesome because he'd be there and have others like Grant Langston with him. Who wouldn't want to see some of the top riders in the world out practicing at the same time as you are. You get a firsthand look at why they are PRO's and you're a JOE when they are on the track with you.

Jimmy Jarrett was also on top of his GNCC game for time there too and would ride at Beans for training in the summer months. While he'd ride for an hour straight, I'd go and chase him for 20 minutes, rest 20, and chase for another 20 minutes. He was too fast for me and I had to cut the track occasionally to keep him in site, but it did wonders for my speed.

Vince Karnow had some years where he was absolutely flying and would beat most guys anywhere.... it was great to see Vince ride at the top of his game too.

i used to love watching marcus sellards, brocks older brother. i think he was actually faster than brock just didnt have the drive. he used to haul on his cr125!

If your from the southwest part of the state you can't leave out Josh Steel, Greg Rand, or "Bad" Brad Strunk to name a few, don't forget "Average" Joe Oehlhof!!!!

I gotta say i love watching Brian Karnow.... he was a rocketship on a 98rm. i remember we went to bburg and someone asked "whos that guy?" We said Brian Karnow! the people were shocked how fast he was.

Also I loved watching Katin

loved to watch Mighty Mike and Brock! we were at malvern for a saturday nite race once and brock was racing 125 b on his 80. they stagger started after the pro class, gate drops, Brock holeshots the 125b class, pulls away, catches the end of the pro class and starts picking em off. on the last lap he's in second and challenging the pro leader (think it was Rick Mcguire) when his bike locks up. most amazing race on the local level i've seen.

Back