Favorite local rider.....

when I was on 80s I loved watching the 80 class. favs were micky marshall, gavin gracyk, aj hattery, warren laney, danny kosmerl, tyson legget, troy gould, tim rager

we definitely had some really fast kids on 80s around here. too bad what happened to half of them from that list...

Mark Pahanish was super fast...loved watching him ride (usually as he was lapping me). Bobby Baker used to give him a run for his money though. I knew Mark Moreno and Stevie Gardiner very well and they have long passed. Used to hang with Shawn Gates as well. Never saw anyone locally ride a 500cc the way he could.

I have the best story about Micky Marshall -

I had just graduated college and had been in the pointskeeping/scorekeeping scene for a few years at the races. I took a job as a long-term substitute teacher in a home economics class at Garfield MS in Garrettsville, Ohio. I of course recognized Micky right away when he came into my class. Needless to say we were working on this Plastic Canvas Project (you know making a tissue box with plastic sides and yarn) and Micky wouldn't do it. He was quite disagreeable and challenging in class! Finally, at my wits end I went to my principal and told her of our issues...

I WILL NEVER FORGET her looking at me square in the face across that desk and saying "You have to understand Connie, MICKY HAS HAND TO EYE COORDINATION ISSUES." I left the room laughing hysterically..

I decided to take a different approach with him, I called him out, told him how "I knew him" and told him what the principal said. We laughed about it, talked it out, and became friends and he became a good student for me. He would actually spend his lunches in my room reading Motocross Action Magazine. (during his detentions for other teachers of course.. lol) He was a character and I miss him!

Yeah man...Jon is smooth. I remember watchinh him jump up and down some cliffs in Magnolia as a teenager..WOW!!

Btw...good to see ya on here Barrington.

I remember watching the 50s class back in the early 2000s and Zach Knotts i think his name was. At beans he busted out the old tunnel jump on a 50! Kid was a good rider but injuries always seemed to plague him. There was a LLQ at crow probably 8 years ago where I saw him surface again and was beating the entire field like it was his job (current supercross riders included) then his bike locked up I think. Haven't seen him since.

Back