Favorite local rider.....

Anyone remember jared lautzenheiser was always number 3 on ktm or suzuki minis that kid would haul on a mini then gave it up now hes a big time harley rider

Somebody mentioned Phil Gauthier......anybody ever know what happened to him? He was blazing fast......last I remember seeing him was working at All-Seasons in Wooster in the very late 80's....

And Hillis....pound for pound the fastest guy on 2 wheels with his size....amazing......

I keep in touch with Phil via facebook. He's in wisconsin and doing very well and still riding. From the pics he's shared he's still going fast! Hillis....bad ass dude and great guy!

Hillis was a freaking beast....he was on a 125 at apple cabin so many years ago when they had the big back jump....he was flying ...no offense but he had to be 280 plus....killing it out there!

Hahaha dad middaugh your a funny guy...heard a rumor g string retired to trail.riding on 3 wheelers ans has a real job so i hear

There was a guy that use to ride at Amherst in early 90's I think Ron Dunfee was always fast on ktm's and I think they might have been 4 strokes can't remember. Jeff hills was always fun to watch on a 125. He owns a used bike shop in Nankin still play rides. Mussleman was a real fast KTM guy back when they were not fast no one must have let him know they were slow haha.

How about Jeff Snider from Toledo. He was on Team Green in 81 and his family owns PR Racing. Most of you may know it was RPM back in the day. Don't for get Steve Johnson.

Troy Graham at Honda Hills, amazing. And yeah I remember Todd Perkins, blast from the past.

Jeff Hicks, Dale Spangler, Jeremy Buell, the Sellards boys, Al Pizzino on the big Maico, Semics, Andrews, Hands, Tom Carson, Jeff Gibson, Barney Barnett, Karl Scott (saw him on a PW 50 and knew he would be awesome), TV...A lot of greats from yesterday and today. My brother and I had the pleasure of seeing some classic races like Pro Day at OIR in '80 or '81, a few of the pro races at Malvern/ Motosport Trails and several Nationals at Kenworthy's. There are many, many more!!

Late 70s early 80s Phil (Flipper) Alderton was pretty fast and smooth. I remember one race he had a huge lead, he circled back around a jump during his lap and still had the lead. Dont think some of the people thought it was that funny that day though.

My favorite local rider wasn't fast, didn't race nor did he ever win a title of sorts. He did expose me to the sport, he was my wrench, he used every dime he had to support my racing venture. If it wasn't for him, I would not be at the tracks today with my son. Today we will lay to rest my favorite local rider, my dad.

Kenny Winland jr
8.23.47-4.11.12

Attachments

• Kenny on the motorcycle.jpg
    Kenny on the motorcycle.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 298
Nirtofish,… Today we will raise a toast to honor your dad.
Though maybe not among the fastest men mentioned in this thread, it sounds as if he was certainly among the best …. Sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Kenny….
<O:p

Nirtofish,… Today we will raise a toast to honor your dad.
Though maybe not among the fastest men mentioned in this thread, it sounds as if he was certainly among the best …. Sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Kenny….
<O:p

X2 Well said Sharc.

Back