New Orleans Supercross Round 14 and Weekly Updates

Yeah I agree the 450 main was boring but I thought all the lites races were great. And man it was a crashfest in that sand. All you could hear from the crowd was ohhhhhhhhhb. Every 30 seconds

Since Im not twitter savy, what was there before, why is this important ? ?

it said something about being a professional racer for jgrmx. pretty sure but cant be positive. but this was in the transworld kickstart today...

"In other news (more so in the gossip & rumor category), we've heard from sources that JGR has released James Stewart from his contract. Word is, Stewart may contest the outdoor motocross championship aboard a Suzuki."

Oh I buy that. JGR wants to WIN baby. Ole Joe Gibbs ain't settlin' for poor results when he's dumping bookoo money into customizing bikes to fit Stewarts riding style.

I agree, it may have been wishful thinking on Gibbs part if Bubba asked out of it. Although, I think it is rumor! Bubba wants to race cars. I read he had test days and racing scheduled this summer in late models and trucks for Gibbs. Do not think he is going to walk away from that opportunity. And Gibbs will give him a shot to learn the cars, because he is probably bringing money and a sponsor with him.

the thing is, who else is available that can win? and im not talking just win races. im talking championships? yea stewart is really off right now. but there is noone else available that can be better than him. so thats another reason i dont buy into jgr letting him go. its well known that stewart wanted suzukis. but couldnt get more than 1 year deal. i can picture big james saying screw it lets go race suzukis. and lets face it, yoshi suzuki isnt going to get a win let alone a championship any time soon with brett metcalf.

but the twitter thing and no JS7 bike even being on display at their pits. and when i asked steve mathes about why he was sitting out, he said he had no more info to give... i figured he would have said, because of his hurt hand.
going to be really interesting. add in the stuff that Coy has said about jlaw, and jlaw being in florida riding ATM... something in some way or form could be shaping up to be BIG.
whens the last time someone switched brands between sx and mx? assuming he gets something ready in time for mx.

image.jpg

Sorby tweeted this earlier

I read all the crap on VitalMX last night. James may be gone, but I doubt Gibbs is picking up JLaw. WAY too much baggage. Gibbs wants a clean image and program. He is all about sponsors and working with them. I could be wrong, but I would think that the coach would be stepping in to give Coy some advise on the JLaw thing. Suzuki is bust I thought? No money. If he is going to a yellow bike the money is coming from somewhere else. He had so much success on green bikes, you would think if he was shopping for a bike, he would be looking at something on a Kaw. As for the TwoTwo rumors..........I could NEVER see Reed and Bubba working together. Reed has all intentions of coming back and beating RV, RD and Bubba next year, and would not have him in the same truck.

Strange things seem to be happening all over the place surrounding James Stewart. I think it is obvious to everyone that he doesn't quite get along with the current generation YZ, whether it's prepped by JGR or not. He obviously likes the Suzuki, as he was very persistent about getting on one for this year but couldn't swing the sponsorship money to make it worthwhile. Transworld MX had already done a story and photo shoot with him for the Suzuki intro earlier this year before it fell apart and the JGR thing came out of left field at the last second.

I think that James is willing to give up the future car deal that may never really materialize (think of RC's current status) for the chance to come back to greatness on the MX/SX circuit. Suzuki may be re thinking what they are willing to give him after seeing their recent string of successes so abruptly end with the departure of Dungey and lack of success with Metcalfe even in a totally depleted field. If he was out riding one of Metcalfe's bikes at Competitive Edge, it's pretty obvious that he is still serious about riding a Suzuki in the near future.

Big shake up announcements will be coming soon is my guess.

JS7 is gonna be riding the new Harley Davidson MX bike.......you heard it right here on Pitracer first!

lol. figures. refer to my first post on this thread...

"This is a rider so polarizing that he once had to show a video of himself emerging from ACL surgery to prove he had actually had ACL surgery. He had dropped out of the 2008 SX season the week after winning a race in Phoenix, which set off all sorts of crazy conspiracy theories, including the idea that James was “sitting out” because he was mad at Kawasaki for singing with Monster Energy. True? False. Not only did Stewart have ACL surgery (with video proof, too boot), but he returned to the Kawasaki team that summer, ran the Monster logos, and dominated the AMA Nationals to the tune of a perfect season...
Now we know what comes next—endless James-Stewart-style conjecture over what comes next! In the same manner as ACL surgery possibly not being ACL surgery, his rough season has quickly kicked off rumors of a Stewart/JGR breakup. Other riders have had bad years before, but rare is it for a deal with such promise in January to be rumored to be finished by April.
For the record, Stewart has never uttered one bad thing about his team or bike. But he doesn’t have to for people to get talking. For example, while it seems widely known and understood that James doesn’t get along with the current generation Yamaha, he has never once actually said that in an interview. And even now, while rumors swirl that he could be out at JGR, either by his decision, theirs, or both, you’ve never heard a word from Stewart, not once, about not liking the team or wanting out. Somehow, with Stewart, these things either leak out or simply get made up. In the case of not really getting ACL surgery in 2008, it wasn’t true. In the case of 2012? Anything is possible. That’s James Stewart for you."

As much as I do & don't like James at the same time I think everyone wants to see him at his best running hard at or near the front of the pack.

Unfortunately I think he is going thru a phase like Travis Pastrana did where something is not clicking....may be the bike, focus or who knows but something
is not going his way anymore. Davey sure was looking good last weekend until he bit it so may be something weird with the newer Yamaha 450.

Could it be all the injuries are taking their toll on him as this has happened to so many of the top guys this season as he sure has had some hard hits?

Well that could mean he is racing the outdoors and no more sx....? Who knows. One thing for sure he gets publicity. And as the say good or bad publicity makes money !

Back