New Orleans Supercross Round 14 and Weekly Updates

Well that could mean he is racing the outdoors and no more sx....? Who knows. One thing for sure he gets publicity. And as the say good or bad publicity makes money !

Bingo. That's why it doesn't make sense that JGR would want to let him go already. Most teams are sponsorship driven, but JGR seems like they have set the bar higher. Like some have said, James hasn't made excuses about the bike or team. He is always supportive of them. Heck, even when he crashes out they still interview him for TV and the audience hears all the teams sponsors.

Speaking of Gibbs Racing....small world as my younger brother back in the 80's played college football with JD at William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia
JD played defensive back & my brother played center. JD is the president of Gibbs racing & his brother Coy does the MX program so couple that with their dad's
background you now have a first class team that I am sure has coached the riders on what to say & how to act on TV betting flopping on the ground like a fish
is no longer accepted.

Correct. Flopping on the ground is probably not the thing to do when your trying to attract more lucrative sponsorships. How many other MXers are on Toyota commercials? making money away from the track. I just dont buy Bubba leaving Gibbs. I have read on other sites about Bubba setting up his forks so stiff that they only work on a perfect lap.....could explain how he can set fast laps, then when the track gets rutted or rough he the forks are then way too stiff and cause him problems. I know a long while back they mentioned that Bubba really was not good at setting up a bike or telling someone what he needed out of his suspension. As much talent as he has on the bike, he very well could be ignorant to setting it up properly.

Back