Concrete or no concrete????????

Definitely dirt. Concrete takes a good bit of luck to get off of I'm my opinion.

Thats funny stuff there ! I guess it must be luck to rail a corner the right way too ! It takes skill to launch off concrete correctly ! Personally I like the concrete starts. Maybe I am just lucky most of the time the gate drops for me though. If you round off your tire that bad in two starts your doing something wrong.

Dirt starts are great too. The only issue I have with them is when you are starting at a track where behind the gates hasnt been prepped in at least 5 races and the ruts are stupid deep and full of water. If your going to go dirt at least clean it up and level it off for each event.

I actually like concrete too.. A clean concrete start can be fun! I dont smoke my tires off. Just 1 or two revolutions with a few chirps. I like to get a little bit of spin so once you hit that loose good dirt on the start straight, your on top rippin it up wide open.. It just adds a different element and the key thing I like about it is its consistent for the most part if prepared the same each start and it isnt wet.

Neither way bother me at all.

Not to open a massive can or worms here, but have you ever considered making it turn left on the start? And basically run the track the other way? Just a thought, not saying its a good idea. Just something I looked at the last time I was there.

Not to open a massive can or worms here, but have you ever considered making it turn left on the start? And basically run the track the other way? Just a thought, not saying its a good idea. Just something I looked at the last time I was there.

So where do you want the concrete then ? Lol....

Thats funny stuff there ! I guess it must be luck to rail a corner the right way too ! It takes skill to launch off concrete correctly ! Personally I like the concrete starts. Maybe I am just lucky most of the time the gate drops for me though. If you round off your tire that bad in two starts your doing something wrong.

I've never railed a corner. So I have no clue what you're talking about. I guess if you get armpump and can't let off, yeah, it would be lucky. I heard next year all the pro races will be concrete to really test their "skill".

Crush it up and spread it on the driveway.

Ha Ha. I think they should give a chunk to anyone that says they want a concrete start, then all they have to do is take it to the dirt starting line with them and put it down. Its a concrete start on demand.

Yeah yeah! We all know you never forget how to ride! If you start getting back into it and hitting tracks up, get ahold of me.

when you are starting at a track where behind the gates hasnt been prepped in at least 5 races and the ruts are stupid deep and full of water. If your going to go dirt at least clean it up and level it off for each event.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

Back