Beans update 2012 (photo's)

Good to see lots of Vet riders show up today...New track layout is FUN, especially like all the rough down hill sections...excited to go back!

So , what was the grass track like ? How long was it and is it vintage ( 7 inch front suspension travel and 4 inch rear ) friendly ? Will it be available to ride again ?

The grass track was pretty good. I rode it before I went home and it's got a good flow to it. It was really good Sat night. It would be great for vintage. I has two little singles the rest is all natural. It's not that long but it's fun.

I rode the grass track. If I could recommend something -- don't rip it so deep. It was really tough to ride it because it was ripped so deep and not many people were riding it, so it was just clumpy. It is similar to what it was last year and Kari loved it last year. Just keep it a little more packed down. The people that truly will be riding over there won't like it ripped so deep.

Friday 11-May update

The new sand section is in and some of the jumps have been re-tweaked. I was out doing some street bike riding today so I dropped in to check out the progress, Monster Mt has been re-faced as well but I didn't feel like walking up there with all my street riding garb on. I might go back later this afternoon and snap a few more.
DSC00034%2520%25282%2529.JPG

DSC00036%2520%25282%2529.JPG

DSC00038%2520%25282%2529.JPG

DSC00040%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Just keeps getting better! Love the rollers and the creativity instead of the same old stuff. Beans is the place to be this year!

Great time! Thanks to all involved to make this happen!

I agree, the track at first was too much for me. Trying to learn the new layout and get used to going backwards, coupled with gnarly deep ruts was really tough. I felt like a mega-spode. After the lunch-time re-discing the track was really nice and worked in some good lines.

The back downhill is gnarly! We get so used to tracks around here either not having much elevation change, or jumping up or down the hills that are there. That back downhill at Beans is just a plain old-school gnarly rough downhill.

Some of the jumps.....I think would be a little better after some tweaking. But as Brock said several times we were the first ones to ride the track so even they weren't sure how it would work out. A lot of the jumps are really fun right now. That little table around the turn is a blast, and the downhill next to the start is super fun.

Can't wait to go back! Thanks again guys for all the hard work.

x2

Just got back....i gotta start going later so I don't get all the first time on the track mud-bath....by the time good lines get made I'm tired from mud wresting....anyways great time today...young bucks having lots of fun for sure...they didn't fill the table table section but did make a decent size doulble after the tabletop/tunnel walk thru....and of course it wasn't long before some young buck cleared the first table to table, table/single thing, and then jumped from the tabletop/tunnel all the way over the first jump of the double before new sand rollers...it was sick! hopeful someone got pics of that to see later....

No. I'm #23 on the white KTM 250 2 stroke. #200 is Clay Elliott. And yes he was the first one to do it. He looked real good yesterday.

WOW that is impressive seeing the video of him jumping all that! One of the coolest things, is that even for spodes like me who aren't jumping ANY of those, it's still fun to go through that section.

Back