I demand frequent redbud updates!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Whose stepping up to the plate.

We need photos, opinions, gopro breakdowns. Gopros can wait until later next week. But we need commentary, whose fast, what's gnarly....etc.

Whose stepping up to the plate.

We need photos, opinions, gopro breakdowns. Gopros can wait until later next week. But we need commentary, whose fast, what's gnarly....etc.

Then get up here and see for yourself. This is next year! Next time the time after the time you said you were in for sure next time. ( I think there is a country song here)

The Pitosse is here in full force. Second driveway in halfway down on the right side.
Track is rolled tight but has a couple pond crossings that I am sure the crew is clearing now.

After Laroccos leap there is a two lane left turn with tall sand dividers to seperate the lines

Pro pits full already and rigs pulling in. More info this afternoon

Table looks pretty good. Have the farmers. Choice mean breakfast coming with scrambled eggs
Noon warching the rain from Bob Evans

Practice delayed. Rain Rain Rain. Scraping the slop off the top with the dozers. Supposed to start at 12, it's 1pm and not a sign of starting. Hot pockets are good, so are the chicken tenders.

I have ridden 3 regionals there in the past and it did not rain at any of them. This weather is going to make for some TOUGH racing! Steel City will be a slop hole too!

Never having been here, I think they shortened the track. After the RED BUD table top they were working a new turn and moving the track up the hill and back around. The track looks like it goes way past the RED BUD table top, and over a hill. The dozer was working at shaping the new turn and the hill section, so I think it's been shortened.

Good updates thus far! Sounds like its gonna be a holeshot deciding regional....

Sigh, I love muddy regionals. They're my favorite.

Never having been here, I think they shortened the track. After the RED BUD table top they were working a new turn and moving the track up the hill and back around. The track looks like it goes way past the RED BUD table top, and over a hill. The dozer was working at shaping the new turn and the hill section, so I think it's been shortened.

sounds like they are running the pro section maybe?
if anyone with smart phones want to email me pictures, ill upload and post them... let me know and ill PM you my email address.

I have never been to redbud, but im beting that steel city is a swamp.

I would like to know who is the first person to hit Lorocco's Leap? A rider, B rider...... C rider lol?

Rainy and cold. I slept most of the day and most of us skipped practice.

The track is the normal amateur layout. The other parts mentioned are added in for the pro national.

Well, Steel City was dusty when we arrived this morning. I guess they scraped and rolled yesterday. They watered right before the first vet 30 practice, but it wasn't bad. Then it started raining and the place turned into an ice skating rink. Now we have tornado warnings in effect overnight. Word is that we're trying to get in two motos tomorrow. Hopefully all the water rolls off tonight.

Really cold. Misty rain most of the day and I came totally unprepaired! Lol....freezing my a$$ off. No one hit the leP today. Some Owens kid #401 looks like the guy who will clean up 450B

Rainy and cold. I slept most of the day and most of us skipped practice.

The track is the normal amateur layout. The other parts mentioned are added in for the pro national.
Actually the track ended up being good and none of us skipped practice except Wilmo. My 250 ran great.

Really cold. Misty rain most of the day and I came totally unprepaired! Lol....freezing my a$$ off. No one hit the leP today. Some Owens kid #401 looks like the guy who will clean up 450B

#401 would be Jace Owen, and if he was on a 450 it was for collegeboy, he is qualified in 250B stk and mod and collegeboy. the kid has a pair of LL titles and a few top 5's at the ranch. I expect him or Joey Savatgy to turn the fastest lap on a 250 this weekend.

I'll see you guys tommorrow, just like my last few years of racing...it was cold and wet, so I decided to skip paractice and head to the hotel for the day.

bruce

Track turned out nice. The sun popped out about 7pm, and it's started to dry up. Calling for rain tomorrow, but hopefully the weather people are wrong again. 96 degrees last weekend, damp and chilly today. Go figure.

I made it back from my honey do list just in time to hit the last round of practice and the track was Way better than the roads around the pits! The only changes to the track from earlier this year was the addition of a big single after the ski jump landing and 90 degree left turn, then tons of deep sand on the long straight before the Monster tabletop and the two lanes reshaped before the drop off after Laroccos leap and some rollers on that down hill! Oh yeah the whoops are back to gnarly deep whoops the have sand on them! Be prepared for lots of whoop crashes about 1/2 way through them!

Back