I demand frequent redbud updates!

Georgie: That means he did not finish the race.
Sorry, I could not resist. I saw him pull off, but by the time I made it to the pits
he was loaded and headed home. I am sure he will post the details.

Right now I am tired, hungry, and sweaty. I will try to post some info later after
a shower, food, and rest.

bruce

First lap of my first moto i fell like a spode into someone and my clutch cable was snagged on his footpeg and all fubared.

Sucks, pissed, waste of money.

Pit, mabey you can go and hang out with Will. For rest of weekend. He will get you drunk, and you will for get what happen.

First lap of my first moto i fell like a spode into someone and my clutch cable was snagged on his footpeg and all fubared.

Sucks, pissed, waste of money.
Ooooooohhhhhh. Waste of money. That's what I say. Because thats my luck pit. It's alright man. Get some practice motos in to prepare for your other region. Hell I'll come pack the Gate. You can make it.

Lots of crash outs.....my buddy ate s**t in the whoops destroyed everything on his bars!

Well we had battles of death all day.
Was a lot of fun battling sharc and wilmo in the 45
Lot of ohio pit posse on the bubble to get in.
9 ths and tenths and eleventh. They said send in up to 14th though.
Go pros and pics to come

The Ohio guys has a tough time at Red Bud. Track was crazy fast but even more rough than fast. The whoops gobbled up everyone on Saturday including Dave Perek. He bent his bars tore his throttle cable and hurt himself real good. Nothing broke tho.

Goodson 180 on a rockstar suzuki bike crashed real hard on his second lap of his moto and was out for the weekend. (Kid was super fast)

Owens was hauling and so was another guy on 701 not sure what his name was but he was going real fast.

Death battle in Pro Sport 450. came down to the last 2 turns and the guys in second hit THE LEAP and made the pass in the next corner.... pretty sick race.

C Class at the regional is A Class at Malvern. These kids were hauling.

Most of the crew i was with, their laps times were in the 2:04- 2:17 lap times.... the faster guys were in the 1:40's

Needless to say it was crazy to see the talent out there and if you make it to Lorettas your FAST AS HELL!

Dave finished 2nd overall in the +45 (4-2-2) He said it was BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!! He just loves that track. I was bummed I couldn't be there to see him race but glad he's headed home in one piece!!!!! Thanks to our OH friends who were keeping an eye out for him, appreciate it!

Gald to see Dave got out there & did very well as he always put in a lot of hard work hosting a race day.

I see names of guys from the Cincinnati and surrounding areas, and NEVER see any of these guys at D11 races. Guys must run qualifiers and regionals and no district races.

Owens was hauling and so was another guy on 701 not sure what his name was but he was going real fast.

#701 was Shane McElrath from North Carolina. He finished 4th in schoolboy 1 last year at the ranch. Prior to that he was a top 10-15 guy at the ranch.
He has been staying at Club MX for a little over a year and it shows. Although the official results show otherwise, I give him credit for sweeping all 12 motos.

bruce

BTW If you finished below him today, move yourself up a position for Loretta Lynn seeding, as he will be going to Mill Creek next week to qualify in his home region and should have no issue making to Lorettas from there.

Well, made it home on one piece. I'll leave the long version to Rocket, but I ended up 15th in the 40+...Bad starts and a fall did not help. Ended up 8th of 41 in the Vet B/C. Went 9-12-8 for that 8. First alternate, kind of like being the first loser, since only 7 are guaranteed. Oh well, we will see what happens. Maybe that alternate spot can get me into the show. If not, well...it is what it is. Tough track and had to battle with Silvers and Rocket who ended up 9th and 11th in that class. Off to the NC regional in 3 weeks, but Mitchy's youth regional at Millville first in 2 weeks.

A couple of pics my wife took
Redbud.jpgUs.jpgzman1.jpg
Rocket.jpgcluster.jpgflag.jpg
One in the middle has Silvers #120, Rocket #163, and I #192 lined up next to each other at the start of one of our classes together.

Z-man, (first pic)....Let the wife know you don't ride a two-stroke...ha!

Great Trip!..Great Times…Great Track!
Full of Friends…Funny Friends..Fast Friends…

Hard Core MX is always on tap at Red Bud.
Throttle to the stops and never let off….when it hit’s the Rev limiter that’s the only time ya shift.
Bumps big enough to double …..and foot deep ruts that run forever.
The soft sand on top of a harder base makes it a wicked track to start with and after it’s been pounded on for 30 motos by hundreds and hundreds of the fastest racers it turns into something from a different planet

Cold and rain turned into a cold and fast practice Friday. The track was rolled so we enjoyed the sweet soft berms and mostly small chop.

On Sat the track was fluffed and watered when they started and was getting rough-rough-rough already by the end of the 9 practice sessions.
They pounded out Moto after Moto and the track got brutal. It stayed Perfect all day with them watering between motos quickly and cleaning up only the very high speed sections slightly if major carnage happed.
Sunday it was fluffed and watered again ….it got rough….but not like Sat.

My riding was awesome and I had blast!… My starts were good… my racing was mediocre.

After a hard fought Moto I gave up 5 positions on the last lap because of a stall in an easy turn… Even though I wasn’t racing anyone anymore ..

I pooched a sweet holeshot from the inside by cranking the front end too sharp in the soft stuff causing a major plow. I was able to throttle out of the plow only to get rammed in the rear buy the scorching pack coming around the outside. I fell in a heap with a few others and got going in last place.

In another moto the 2-stroke became silent once again on the last lap with only one jump and two turns to go until the finish…..I could hear all 4 guys laughing as they motored past.

The first lap at Red Bud is nuts!….guys everywhere…. 6-7 wide through the turns taking every conceivable line. A constant Roost is coming from all directions.

Every moto was a battle of death to the bitter end with tons of passing, jamming, mistakes, being passed and passing back…. There was always someone hunting for your spot……
In my opinion, Regional Racing is a race like no other…… (save LL)…… and Regional racing at Red Bud is just flat out the best!

z-man: First alternate from red bud should get you to the show. Amy (Ritchie) pointed out at the riders meeting that most of the alternates will come from Red Bud since it it the biggest (attendence wise) regional. To sinplify the rating system it is based on how many riders you beat. Silvers is probably in and Rocket on the bubble. Any recommended the top 15 send in their applications. I would assume more alternates get in from the non age casses due to qualifying in multiple regions and injuries between now and August.
Good job at Red Bud and good luck to Mitchy in 2 weeks.

bruce

Yeah, I have heard this and will send in. I did notice HighPoint had more riders in VetB/C though with 44. Thanks though...

Sharc.. She thought that was u flying over the Red Bull T1 on ur 2 smoker after u finished plowing the field in the first corner of ur Moto....Lol!

Back