I demand frequent redbud updates!

Observations:
<O:p</O:p
The Red Bud Circuit is a Brutal Bitch!....never giving a moments rest …she’ll pound you into submission.

Everyone was spent after every moto…..

The Ritchie’s are top notch. They’re all about the racing … always organized, always prepared.

They know every inch of that facility…the roads, fences, pottys, buildings, pits and the track and how to make it work to perfection. Regardless …. They’ve had this down-pat for years.

Super Deep, Fluffy, Tilled starts are the way to go. Keeping speeds down and offering a soft landing should there be a big pile-up. (I know this first hand, I made one) And if you find yourself in the Super, Deep Fluffy, Tilled first turn all alone, Stay on the gas!!! And don’t knife for the inside too hard or you’ll plow the front end …..Bad.

The new “MyLaps” Transponders are the BOMB…..Totally Awesome. Transponders add a whole new dimension to riding / racing. Having your (and everyone else’s) lap time, position and finish data is SUPER COOL. The new style works great so I bought mine. That way I’ll have for the next Regional and hopefully some local places get the technology too.

Pape has elevated himself into a strong contender…. Consistently running in the front pack surrounded by very prominent names. Inspiring Rides man….keep it up!

Little Jack Babbitt is faster on a Big National Track than most thought…..Having a little trouble at the starts but then putting down some sick lap times….Great riding Jack!

If this was baseball Grega would be the highest paid guy around. He comes out of hiatus, shakes off the mud from last year and puts in sturdy rides through 9 motos……and then goes back into hiatus..

Silvers kept a cool head and battled hard all weekend long. Fighting through stiff competition, big gates and lots of laps. …..good solid racing from Rich.

Z-man is not selling anything!!! And He can still fly!....Once he believes, he’s smooth, fast and consistent….all things that make a good racer..Great job Z-man!

Davey Jones is a fighter….an underdog after breaking a Femur last year and mounted on his 2-strokes, he’ll scratch and claw every inch of the track in effort. He’s quick and strong till the end….you can never rest when Davey is in your moto.

Wulff-Pack Brother Randy loves Moto and rides his heart out every lap he’s on the track. Locked in stacked classes with stiff competition he always gives his utmost and often runs up front. A true racer, he puts his helmet on with a smile as he readies to do battle with the blistering fast guys moto after moto.

Rocket needs a different bike. The Hussy is a complete turd off the start. Rocket has to work his ass off to make up for the abortion he calls a bike. His lap times are quick, his racing prowess sharp and his conditioning is good…but when you’re always in the back off the start, the cards are stacked against ya.……..If he was on something from the big 5……???

Mike Babbitt made all the laps!....I’ll bet Mike has a new found respect for just how rough a National Caliber Tack gets after a Regional Beating but yet Mike twisted the throttle and rode hard all weekend. Good job newbie!.....way to forge ahead!
<O:p

Thanks Marc...definately a tough weekend . I did complete all motos. Starts are rough when you have last gate pic all the time. I did drop my lap times about 10 seconds from day one on my last moto of the weekend. I started in the 2:40 and ended up at 2:32 my last 3 laps. Noew i need to jump....LOL
Jack would have run top 15 if he did not fade in the end. The starts hurt him bad. His first motos were in the 2:06 range but by the end of the weekend he was in the 2:10 range, he did not ride much to prepare and it hurt him. He had the ond mechanical DNF and a slide out that cost him 10 positions in the two -stroke race . I was very proud to see him finish as he almost bagged his last moto....
Awesome time guys!

robin1.jpg

Rocket using everything the Hussy’s got…… in the Red Bud Rockers.

Randy1.jpg

Randy Blasting out of a typical "smooth" Red Bud turn....

Thanks Marc...definately a tough weekend . I did complete all motos. Starts are rough when you have last gate pic all the time. I did drop my lap times about 10 seconds from day one on my last moto of the weekend. I started in the 2:40 and ended up at 2:32 my last 3 laps. Noew i need to jump....LOL
Jack would have run top 15 if he did not fade in the end. The starts hurt him bad. His first motos were in the 2:06 range but by the end of the weekend he was in the 2:10 range, he did not ride much to prepare and it hurt him. He had the ond mechanical DNF and a slide out that cost him 10 positions in the two -stroke race . I was very proud to see him finish as he almost bagged his last moto....
Awesome time guys!

Jack looks great out there....

Sell those two Suzuki's and get him a fresh new bike.
He will get less tired and better results..
He is worth giving a fair shot.

Plus it will be safer.

To be perfectly honest, I've never been a very good starter. But for years (since 2000 when I got my first KTM 520) I've had the fastest / most horsepower bike on the starting line up until I got the Hussy. I've used the start next to the box trick for years on the big bore KTM's since I always have a hole to drive through with that open spot next to me. I used more horsepower / torque to mask my poor starts and that did OK for me. But now that I'm on a bike that is the same speed or maybe a bit slower than the other 450's that I'm up against......... my starts are always poor. BUT - the Hussy has made me a better rider everywhere else on the track and I'm faster and beaten guys on the Hussy that I've never beaten with my good starting KTM 576cc beast...... so what should I do? I know, make it have more power............ how much more power do I need, well I have 2 options, I can go the Thumper Racing 500cc kit which is not bad in cost. Or I can go really big in power and cost and put the Hussy 570 crank and cylinder on it for even more horsepower........... If I put the power back under me with the handling of the bike that I love so much.................. no tellin how fast I can go then.

I won't be on a new bike anytime soon, I'm for better or worse with Hussy! And I'll make it better.

Thanks for the good words sharc it was cool to hang out with you guys this weekend, hope to do it again real soon

You rode darn good for a guy who could hardly breath through your nose and see out of those watery eyes ! Congrats Jeff !

You rode darn good for a guy who could hardly breath through your nose and see out of those watery eyes ! Congrats Jeff !

I was fighting some allergies. Nice ride pape..

here is my bad start and horrible ride. but I had a BLAST!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q6bGMhWUaTE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back