Thundervalley National Rd03

Those guys are going at extremely fast speeds, far faster than I ever will, but i believe the track worker is at fault, I did a half endo over fasttraxx finishline triple because the flagger accidentally was holding the checker and yellow flag, and the yellow came unfurled it was enough for me to oh s**t, and try to brake and resulted in a pretty nasty crash even though the jump really isnt that big. luckily i didnt break anything, and james honestly probably should've just walked away from that, it was just one of those freak accidents

this sucks, during sx i was so pumped to see rv rd js and reed battle it outdoors and wanted to go to redbud for the first time... i think they should all sit out sx, stay healthy and battle outdoors next year lol

alot of people were comparing it to a downed rider. i think the difference here, as you come over a blind jump and just see a random person, it kind of catches you off guard a little more. especially when hes in the fast line. another thing, why was the track so dang wet when there was a thunderstorm on the way in anyways?

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pOhdgkb01jo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dont look like the guy had anything to do with it, there were no lines where he crashed just looked like his front end washed out

I just got in from a long weekend at Thunder Valley...........all I can say is, I figured eventually he would take himself out.

As for the wreck, it had to do with one thing. He was going fast as hell, and as he headed into the ruts, looks like the rear end perhaps was cross ruted or hit a bump and just kicked out. No way in hell the guy crossing the track had anything to do with it. That is just a racing incident.

Guess Bubba and I have some thing in common. Today I was at the end of a fast straight getting ready to go into a corner, and before I even knew what happened, I was on the ground too. So it happens to the best of us.

I just got in from a long weekend at Thunder Valley...........all I can say is, I figured eventually he would take himself out.

Did the Guy running across track distract James enough to cause him to pick a poor line? Possible. Could the outcome have been the same? Possible. unfortunately it is just the way the cookie crumbled...

Did I predict John 250 would say "I knew it would be just a matter of time" and not be able to resist posting it? IMPOSSIBLE! HA! HAAA!!! way too funny John 250. JK w/U. but I knew U would and it would be on here. LOL!

I have to say from the helmet cam the rut he picked appeared to be an old line and was truncated off soon after he entered bad luck no matter how you look at it. I hope for my own selfish reasons (because I don't want to watch a one man Dungey show) that James is healthy and returns next week at PA. GOD.... is this injury crap getting old.

Almost seems like the bikes & track are too much (fast or dangerous) for the mere mortal rider anymore as more of the top guys are out then in anymore which is
putting quite a damper on the show. Hope James is ok as if not there may not be much excitment at the front this season.

I have to say from the helmet cam the rut he picked appeared to be an old line and was truncated off soon after he entered bad luck no matter how you look at it. I hope for my own selfish reasons (because I don't want to watch a one man Dungey show) that James is healthy and returns next week at PA. GOD.... is this injury crap getting old.

I am with you on the injuries. The 450 class in SX and MX this year is a total bust. The 250 class is exciting, and those guys dont seem to be having the injury issues this year.

They're just going to fast. Maybe James bones aren't as flexible as they once were. Like the year his bike locked up or when he landed on RC, the guy has historically taken some very hard hits. But it gets to the point where.....when is the hit hard enough to where you can't sustain your intact physiology.

Thanks. From what i saw the flagger possibly made stewart take a wider line that noone used yet, looked a lil wet, he was movin pretty quick through that new line n washed out. Hope he is ok. Anyone have an injury report? Haven't found much.

Yeah, IMO that angle really makes it look like the flagger/photo guy was the cause. It happened so quick though.

He came over the jump on the left side (could not see flagger crossing at that point), landed and went straight in the line on the left side.......flagger had NOTHING to do with it. Back end just hit a kicker and kicked him sideways. Racing inceident, not the flaggers fault.

He came over the jump on the left side (could not see flagger crossing at that point), landed and went straight in the line on the left side.......flagger had NOTHING to do with it. Back end just hit a kicker and kicked him sideways. Racing inceident, not the flaggers fault.

yes it was

I'm glad this John250 guy knows everything, and can see what James was seeing. Going as fast as these guys go anything can go wrong in a split second, and having a man in the track can take your mid off the track for that split second. This topic is about as dumb as a neck brace topic, no one knows what casued him to crash. One more reason I am never on here anymore.

If James was distracted by a guy that was off the track by the time he passed making him crash long after that he shoulda let off the gas a little, he had a huge lead and threw it away, typical js7 mistake.

Back