Thundervalley National Rd03

From James himself (thru Ping) Stew says it distracted him...and it forced him into a line he hadn't taken before.

some are going to say it really did and others will say hes lying and they KNOW it wouldnt. either way it sucks. especially if the broken wrist rumor is correct. who wants to watch dungey ride alone all summer?

So you say he was jumping blind and saw him in the air then landed and had to take an alternaate line.

Question. Did you watch the go pro? Your anoying.

The guy was off the track by the time he landed.

He was commited to his line before he jumped.

Everyone that said JS7 was going to crash out is just a hater. We did not base it on anything but our hatred. Forget about the last 80 crashes in 90 motos. That is sarcasm in case you cant figure it out.

Distracted? like doing triples 3 bikes wide in supercross? or like a down rider after a jump? Does he crash everytime that happens?
Oh I guess he does.

He does look better on the Suzuki than the Yamaha.......I hate YZ 450's too!

Double D said:
So you say he was jumping blind and saw him in the air then landed and had to take an alternaate line.

Question. Did you watch the go pro? Your anoying.

The guy was off the track by the time he landed.

He was commited to his line before he jumped.

Everyone that said JS7 was going to crash out is just a hater. We did not base it on anything but our hatred. Forget about the last 80 crashes in 90 motos. That is sarcasm in case you cant figure it out.

Distracted? like doing triples 3 bikes wide in supercross? or like a down rider after a jump? Does he crash everytime that happens?
Oh I guess he does.

He does look better on the Suzuki than the Yamaha.......I hate YZ 450's too!

You're annoying
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

there were no lines where he crashed just looked like his front end washed out

IMG_2962_446509.jpg

i know scotty posted it. but heres the imbedded video incase anyone missed it.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cOxCuJXIL_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not sure what any of you are thinking. I watched it several times. The guy just lost the front end. Same thing happened to me over the weekend. s**t happens in racing, and that is what happened. Front end washed. I still see no way that flagger had crap to do with it. My opinion, guess on this board you cant have your own opinion these days.

If that flager cuased him to crash he needs to take up a new sport ive had way closer calls than that with people crossing the track and cant say ive ever crashed from it.agree john250 front end got away it racing

its hard to form an opinion on it either way for me. i just try and think of it from his POV. coming over blind jump, and theres something/someone in the track, with no warning (ie, flagger waving bright yellow flag). gotta be thinking wtf? then going THAT fast into those lines i posted above... forget about it. so theres were my opinion forming has to stop, because i really have no clue without being in his position and being able to go his speed. so ill just take his word for it. and move on. kind of weird though how he rode 4 basically flawless motos, and moved up from like 10th to 1st so easily. then crashes when a guy crosses the track. just a coincidence? maybe.

who's going to highpoint?

I'll take James word for it. He came up on that guy so fast.

I was gonna go to high pint but don't feel like driving 3 and a half hours.

From James himself (thru Ping) Stew says it distracted him...and it forced him into a line he hadn't taken before.

I normaly would never comment on what a rider was or was not thinking but, I don't buy this. You can clearly see in both videos the "person" had little effect.

At the 21 second mark James is clearly commited to his jump line and the "person" is not even on the track yet.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cOxCuJXIL_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In this go pro video you can see at the begining he commits to his line and he can not see anyone in his way, then at the 11 second mark he lands and the "person" is already off the track. He continues on and at no time changed or had to take another line. I see no evidence to the contrary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjJ_1SXz0Ec

I am no Stewart fan or hater. I love the sport and am basing my opinion on my 25 years racing experiance. People crossing the track happen...all the time...especially on the amature level were we all got our start. Flaggers, lappers, and crashers all litter the track at one time or another. Blind jump or not, it is something we as racers get used to and deal with.

It is unfortunate and a shame if he did break his wrist and is out for the season. Runaway seasons are too boring.

am basing my opinion on my 25 years racing experiance. People crossing the track happen...all the time...especially on the amature level were we all got our start. Flaggers, lappers, and crashers all litter the track at one time or another. Blind jump or not, it is something we as racers get used to and deal with.

Yup, that's racing....

You're annoying.

" its hard to form an opinion on it either way for me. "

If you want to report news, you need to present the facts only.

OR be an expert, If RC or Chad Reed or another respected champion said it was the flaggers fault it would have more credibility.
Let your readers decide what they think.

It is always your opinion. But if you want to debate lets go.

I landed in rutts, breaking bumps and had bikes cart wheeling all around me all weekend at Red bud. never caused me to crash and I suck!

you are annoying.

Isn't there a way to do a poll here on the site ? That might be interesting .

Sure, you could add options like,

It is the Bikes fault.

It is the spectators fault.

It is the tracks fault.

Just don't add the option of riders fault. In todays world personal accountability no longer applies.

Chad Reed ‏<s>@</s>CRtwotwo Kills me that promoters and track owners/builders think its a great idea to make a 4th gear wide open downhill a mud hole.. <s>#</s>noroom4error

You should post the rest of the conversation were Chad agrees the track worker had nothing to do with it

Jake Brandstetter ‏@JakeBro9
@CRtwotwo Just saw the footage of Bubba falling.That official didn't get in the way at all, he cross rutted. James Stewart fell on his own!

Chad Reed ‏@CRtwotwo
@JakeBro9 I agree

You should post the rest of the conversation were Chad agrees the track worker had nothing to do with it

Jake Brandstetter ‏@JakeBro9
@CRtwotwo Just saw the footage of Bubba falling.That official didn't get in the way at all, he cross rutted. James Stewart fell on his own!

Chad Reed ‏@CRtwotwo
@JakeBro9 I agree

I hadnt seen that. But how do u counter the photog saying he feels like he caused it?

Ready for saturday so eveyone can stop talking about it. And move on to the next hate thread. Funny how he shut up the haters for 2 rounds. Then 1 crash and they come out of the wood work. Not so much on here but man some guys on vital were really going at it.

Glad to see someone else sees what I saw. Got cross rutted, and the front started going. If you want it second by second you can see when he lands the guy crossing the track is almost off the track when he actually lands. The back end takes a big kick sideways, he is leaning in and the front starts washing to the outside and eventually knifes in the sand.

I hadnt seen that. But how do u counter the photog saying he feels like he caused it?

Ready for saturday so eveyone can stop talking about it. And move on to the next hate thread. Funny how he shut up the haters for 2 rounds. Then 1 crash and they come out of the wood work. Not so much on here but man some guys on vital were really going at it.

Some of the guys on Vital are complete douche bags too! lol

You're annoying.

" its hard to form an opinion on it either way for me. "

If you want to report news, you need to present the facts only.

OR be an expert, If RC or Chad Reed or another respected champion said it was the flaggers fault it would have more credibility.
Let your readers decide what they think.

It is always your opinion. But if you want to debate lets go.

I landed in rutts, breaking bumps and had bikes cart wheeling all around me all weekend at Red bud. never caused me to crash and I suck!

you are annoying.

Insulting other members is a bannable offense according to my PMs I get from people here.

Someone warn this guy.

noone is saying the guy tackled him off the bike. he said it distracted him. whats it matter if he was off the track or not? he still crossed in front of him. so the only person that knows, is james. maybe he gets distracted easily. ill admit i dont think it was THAT big of a deal, to me. but to james, going james speed in slippery conditions with many skinny ruts, maybe it was enough? idk.

and 615, it wasnt that big of a deal.

Back