Open Practice Benfit Ride Day for Joe Rice 7/28/12 at WRMC

Wow. Where do I begin. To start, on behalf of the entire Rice family, Cassie and I, we would like to thank EVERYONE for making this a huge success!! When we pulled in and it was cloudy, and remained this way all day, I was a little nervous, and not as much nervous for me, as for everyone that wanted to put some laps in! But it was awesome the way dedicated people and riders kept pouring in. It looked like a race day in the pits! I owe a huge thank you to Western Reserve Motorcycle Club for providing and preparing an awesome track and running the concession stand along with donating chips, candy bars, and drinks. Aaron Risden and the Risden Family, Chris Berkheimer and family, for putting this whole thing on and being the reason it was a huge success. Another big thanks to Bill Rose at Rose's Hillcrest Market for donating the burgers and hot dogs and buns for the concession stand. Brock Sellards and WPS for donating a bunch of different items (helmets,autographed set of gear, bookbag and other items). Kames Sports for the awesome crossbow donated. Pointview Cycle for donating the Alpinestar neckbrace, and tons of other items and SWAG!! A special thanks to Larry Weyer and Christine Benning for being so generous as to donate the $420 back that they won for the 50/50 drawing. Bob at FCR for donationg multiple bike accessories. Ryan at Ripped Vinyl for making the shirts and donating a handful of stickers and kits. Jason Irey and Bad Boy Tattoo for a gift certificate donation. Action Sport Cycle for donating riding gloves, glasses and shirt. Mels Towing for donating a gift basket. BJ from Beans Bike Park for multiple donations. Trevor Vines and TV Land for multiple autographed items and passes into the park! Briarcliff for multiple passes to the track. Mike's Custom Cornhole for donating a sick set of custom cornhole boards. Jenna at Holiday Inn Express in Alliance for the jacuzzi room donation. Loretta for donating the Cleveland Indians tickets. Salem Hills Golf and Country Club for golf passes. Barb Rice for donating MULTIPLE themed baskets. Timmy and Courtney Bevington and Veronica Waite for gathering additional donations and raffle items. Thanks to all pizza shops, restaurants, and salons for donations. Thanks to all riders who came and paid a riders fee to ride, even when there was a monsoon (Meister still out throwing whips during the down pour!). It really made me feel good and have flash backs to see so many bikes and hear the sound of revving motors, the smell of buring fuel, and lots of hooting and hollering at those who were going all out and putting on a show through out the day as well as the whip contest! Seeing soo many riders covered in mud and a giant smile on their faces, made for a great day. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did, and it is great to see the motocross family pull together, in a way only the motocross family would understand. Also I would to thank everyone who patronized the concession stand, purchased raffle tickets, participated in the auctions, or made donations. Last but not least, I would like to thank all of the friends and family members that put in hard work all through out the day.

-I hope I didn't forget anybody. If I did I sincerely appologize. It's been a long, overwhelming, and wonderful day and I am going from memory off all the events that took place. So again, thank you all for coming out, putting hard work, making donations, and all your support and making today such a memorable and successful day!

-Smokin' Joe Rice 23

The best part about Meister winning the passes is when they said that's what we were drawing for, he looked at me and said "I want those passes", and laughing I said "ok, you got it!" And as I read the tickets he lights up and sure enough he won them!!

Yea the loudest cheer in that area came when the cliff passes were won.

Probably because meister girlfriend yelped something fierce.

Back