Another C class thread

#23_Racing

PR Addict
Lets start this thread off by saying its not about my rider just the C class complaining all together.

As many on this board has stated many times that if you run mini's you should go straight to B but lets step back and look at how this kinda dumb and you guys should prob change your view a bit. There are many reasons that fethers do what they do for their riders and building confidents is a big part of it if you dont have that you dont have anything. There are a few kids that should go from minis straight to B but in the bigger picture almost every mini rider should have the chance to build his or her skills up after moving out of mini and to be 100% honest most of these kids need more seat time before getting tossed into the B class where there are lifers that have been riding that class for many years. Lets take your mid pack 85 rider or even a top 3 rider ya he can do well with other 85 riders but yet just dosent have skills or speed to be a front runner every week he spends his mini time comming in 2-3-4 week in and week out but works very hard but just dosent have the skills to move to the next stage in his racing. Now does this kid have the skills to run with 20-30 year old men that has been racing for ever ? Hell no he dosent so why force him into a class he isnt ready for? All thats going to do is kill his confidents and make him believe he will never be good enough to ever place top 3 in B class. I have allways said dont complain if your not prepaired to try to change the problem.

We have heard a few riders on this site that back in the day moved right out of mini's to B but that was along time ago times have changed riders have changed. I have talked to many C class riders parents that see it how I have but yet will not post in here because they do not want to be bashed or labled by a few on this board. How would the B class be if we moved all the mid pack mini riders to it? But those that have made it to LL should be moved straight to B. Iknow Il get my ass bashed for all of this but I know many mini riders will read this and hope as a parent you make the best move for your rider/child. Weather some like it or not the C class is not like it used to be it being used as a stepping stone to the big bikes. Ok im done now a few of you may bash away .

The real question is, should all c classe racers be wearing kneck braces? Or is it ok to not wear a neck brace if the class is labeled a "Sport" class?

I have no problem with what you said, though I do think C racers should wear neck braces where applicable

I actually agree with the statement that "anyone who has made it to LL should have to move to b". I think making it that far in the sport shows a certain skill level that doesn't belong in the C class. I also don't believe that the C class of today is no longer a true "beginner" class. There are some kids that are just not good on mini bikes and when they get to bigger bike and get a little older it all seems to click and they become better riders in a shorter curve. I actually think there is a much bigger problem getting people in the A class form B than there is from C to B!

AS for the neck brace "requirement" i guess i don't see that one at all. But I will leave that one alone.

I am on the other side of the fence with 20-30 year old men running the B class.....

I moved to the B class at 16 years old. Riding 2-3 times every week and racing every weekend had me pretty well prepared. Now being 22, making it to work on Monday is alot more important to me over pulling a holeshot, or tripling over a rider on the last lap for another position... Heck, Im lucky to triple now :). So the way I see it in my eyes, your kid that is still in high school and running all around the neighborhood every night after school has alot more in the bag then us 20-30 year old men.

The concept of a "D Class" for true beginners and novices at various age levels makes some sense. Leave C class where it is and let those not ready for B yet to ride in. If this results in too many class's for a normal race days, then maybe tracks can run seperate introductory race days for D and C class on occassion.

When I joined District 11, they automatically put me straight into B class. My first race ever, (Grumpy Valley) I was a nervous wreck, suffered an embarrassing last place finish, (way way last), and the discouragement kept me from racing again for quite a while afterward. I was 36 years old at the time. I would have dearly loved having others to race against that sucked as bad as I did, so that we could all come off the track smiling.

Weather some like it or not the C class is not like it used to be it being used as a stepping stone to the big bikes.

The real question here is what does the weather have to do with any of this????

Spelling and grammar are a wonderful thing !

Will you ever give up the C class crap Scott? I saw your kid racing at Amherst and he was hanging with the A riders. Didnt you just bump him to B from C? Now I really understand why all the bashing of your kid in the C class.

Quit being a hater !

The real question here is what does the weather have to do with any of this????

Spelling and grammar are a wonderful thing !

Will you ever give up the C class crap Scott? I saw your kid racing at Amherst and he was hanging with the A riders. Didnt you just bump him to B from C? Now I really understand why all the bashing of your kid in the C class.

Quit being a hater !

hershey- the "weather" comment was funny (and I agree with you on grammar)! But, #23 isn't talking about his son. He made that clear in his opening sentence. So IMO, there isn't a reason to bring his boy up is there? The "C" class discussion will brew on and on. And that is FINE! There are many opinions on it and everyone should be able to voice those opinions on here (as you did). But he was trying to avoid Scotty being brought up, that was clear to me.
Signed,
The Real Hershey, lol

As it was clear to me, but as this specific topic has been hashed out well beyond any valued number of times between Scott and his rivals on here, it is my belief it is only being brought up in his need to justify what he did in the past with his own son. Scotty is a very good rider and should have been bumped sooner than he was.

If he feels the need to bring it up again then he should realize its open game. I may have got straight to the point but many others are thinking the same......

Signed,
The owner of a chocolate lab named "Hershey"
Lol

PS...Im only a sarcastic ass to have fun.

Mike - I think the D class idea is a good in a perfect world, but we dont have full gates at most local races now.

As it was clear to me, but as this specific topic has been hashed out well beyond any valued number of times between Scott and his rivals on here, it is my belief it is only being brought up in his need to justify what he did in the past with his own son. Scotty is a very good rider and should have been bumped sooner than he was.

If he feels the need to bring it up again then he should realize its open game. I may have got straight to the point but many others are thinking the same......

Signed,
The owner of a chocolate lab named "Hershey"
Lol

PS...Im only a sarcastic ass to have fun.

This got brought up because I had a long talk with another riders dad last night and the C class got brought up. His kid is fast but is not fast enough to race B right now if he went to B more than likly the boy would loose any hopes of racing and stop all together. This again has nothing to do with my son weather you like it or not. I started this thread to hear from others that might be having a problem with their rider moving to B .There are ALOT of mini riders that have no business racing B this thread is about the future riders not some guy that maved strtaight to B and has had a problem with it every since. As for me having to "justify " what I did in the past ???? What did I do???? I had my son race 4 C class races lol and that made him a better rider today I wished I kept him in C a little longer because he NEVER got bumped by anyone I stated if he didnt make LL he would move up and he did. So with that said if I can help another rider out by making this post then I have done something good for them and this sport but you hershey may keep up your bashing of me all you would like as long as it makes you feel better. As far as him catching the A riders maybe his training everyday on our track running 20min motos has something to do with that.

I know there is others out here with kids comming from mini's that feel their rider is not ready for B that's what this thread is about nothing more nothing less. I would like to help them do whats best for their rider. Maybe more of them dads will chime in and post.

The concept of a "D Class" for true beginners and novices at various age levels makes some sense. Leave C class where it is and let those not ready for B yet to ride in. If this results in too many class's for a normal race days, then maybe tracks can run seperate introductory race days for D and C class on occassion.

When I joined District 11, they automatically put me straight into B class. My first race ever, (Grumpy Valley) I was a nervous wreck, suffered an embarrassing last place finish, (way way last), and the discouragement kept me from racing again for quite a while afterward. I was 36 years old at the time. I would have dearly loved having others to race against that sucked as bad as I did, so that we could all come off the track smiling.

This is what I am talking about. The B class is sandbagged way more than C so at some tracks you take a 14 year old mini rider and now you line him up with guys that should be A riders but wont move out of B. So why crush the little guys as they move up?

To all the fathers who find it necessary to race C class after minis: I'm sure your decision is well planned, don't talk about it, or feel you are judged, you aren't. Sign them up for C.

and to those who smoke everyone in C, do heel clickers in the air, and continue to race C. shame on you. Atleast fake being a little slower....take a dive here and there, makes it more interesting to watch.

FYI, the AMA has an advancement list every year for both C riders and B riders.

The top 10 dudes at LL in any class are fast enough to be in the class above the one they are racing. In 2008 the fastest time was set by Blake Bagget, who was a B rider that year. The class level you race in does not depend on the Fathers decision BTW, let the kid race what he feels comfortable with. Maybe thats why this keeps getting brought up, damn parents pushing kids to hard.

To all the fathers who find it necessary to race C class after minis: I'm sure your decision is well planned, don't talk about it, or feel you are judged, you aren't. Sign them up for C.

and to those who smoke everyone in C, do heel clickers in the air, and continue to race C. shame on you. Atleast fake being a little slower....take a dive here and there, makes it more interesting to watch.

Now this is where we are in agreement . I dont not think or feel C riders that are whipping over jumps or beating the field by 1/2 track should be running in that class either. Im not talking about the riders that have yet to find their spot in this sport. Lets talk CRA only not AMA because we are worlds apart when it comes to C riders. The change can start with the CRA and its very clear if racing in the CRA if you win 3-4 races in the C class then you should be forced to move up to B but with guidelines like # in class this will allow the not so fast riders to work their way up and build confidence starting on a big bike. Also every track has atleast 1 big jump and that jump should not be jumped by any C rider if so then they get bumped right then. I feel these will keep the C class honest to a point. Its a start.

I am by far not an expert on any of this. But I agree not all kids are ready for B coming off minies. I believe it became more difficult when the 4 stroke arrived on the scene. The 250F is certainly not a transition bike from 2 stroke minies. It has been a complaint of mine for a long time. But lets face it we all know when watching a C class who belongs out there and who doesn't. We never put Chris into C but we transitioned him by putting him on a 125 2 stroke and 144 2 stroke first. Granted he didn't stay on them long before he started racing the 250f but thats Chris. I already stated he was on a 450 at age 14.We also sent him to Bernards for coaching. He eventually was beyond that but it all helped him. Now I know we can't all afford this. It took his Mom as well as us to do all this. It's sometimes called sacrifice.Carmiachles(sp) Stewarts ect all have their story to tell on the sacrifices. The only thing more I can add is that if you hold your child (or he holds himself back} in a slower class just for the glory it will not help. YOU CAN NOT GET FASTER UNLESS YOU RIDE WITH THE FASTER BOYS. So what if your finish is not that great. You must pay your dues!!

I could care less what class someone rides after they come off of minis. Whichever they feel their abilities fit better. BUT.......I have a simple solution to the whole C class debate. Make the class NON points paying in the district. NO C class at Loretta Lynns. Lorettas in the amatuer national championships. Not an event for beginners and new riders, and that is what the C class was supposed to be for! So if you make the class non points, paying, no qualifers, no regionals, no Lorrettas, some of those guys will be moving up to B. And on the other end, move some guys up to the A class.

No way in my opinion that Lorettas should have a C class (and I went to Lorettas in the C class).

No way in my opinion that Lorettas should have a C class (and I went to Lorettas in the C class).

I agree. To make matters worse, my son ended up 7th last year at Lorettas at age 7 in the 50cc Multispeed class. What does he get for this acomplishment? He can never run in the C class at Lorettas, but must move from 85's to B class. Not sure if he can move to a B/C shoolboy class, but it still makes no sense. In this case, what a rider does at age 7, compared to how, if he can ride, a big bike down the road means nothing. Just do away with the class if you have to have so many rules in place to keep people out or figure out if they are sand bagging.

Back