RC 's LL Bike

pasimp57

PR Addict
Here is RC's hand prepped Pro Circuit machine for the 25+ expert class.

1a.png

I like the way they spin it by saying +25 "expert" class. It's not an Expert specific class. It's just +25.

I like the way they spin it by saying +25 "expert" class. It's not an Expert specific class. It's just +25.

I was thinking the same thing. Though I guess it's fair to say that most, if not all of the riders qualified in 25+ are probably experts.

I cant believe there are not a handful of bikes that are claimed every year. Great way to get a tricked out machine. And some super fast guys show up at LL on pretty much new bikes.

How do you claim a bike at LLs? Do you have to be racing the same class or can some joe come outa nowhere with cash monies and make off with your ride?

I didn't know you could claim bikes so I also want to know how you do it. Our bikes really look pathetic compared to that. Larry was just saying how poor our bikes look and I said " who cares what they look like as long as Chris does OK. Of course our 450 is very tired and sad but what the heck we are only an alternate in that class anyway. It has to wait it's turn. Can not keep up with all these rebuilds.

I didn't know you could claim bikes so I also want to know how you do it. Our bikes really look pathetic compared to that. Larry was just saying how poor our bikes look and I said " who cares what they look like as long as Chris does OK. Of course our 450 is very tired and sad but what the heck we are only an alternate in that class anyway. It has to wait it's turn. Can not keep up with all these rebuilds.

You only made one mistake in this sport from that statement...you decided to start racing without a LARGE fortune in order to come out of it with a smll fortune!

Im not sure a 100% about this. But im guessing by claim, you mean to protest the rider and hope for their bike to be against regulations? Because I have heard that if a rider fails a protest, you have the option to buy their bike from them? Again, all through the grapevine I have never acutally been the victim of a protest. Im usually too far back in the pack for anyone to care lol.

You have to file a claim with the referee no longer than 30 minutes after the last moto of the class (or maybe event). The owner then has 30 minutes to produce the bike in tact with bill of sale or title. It is retail price plus 30%. If they do not produce the bike, they forfiet their title, place, etc. and are suspended for one year from competition. This was posted on another thread on here some where.

You have to file a claim with the referee no longer than 30 minutes after the last moto of the class (or maybe event). The owner then has 30 minutes to produce the bike in tact with bill of sale or title. It is retail price plus 30%. If they do not produce the bike, they forfiet their title, place, etc. and are suspended for one year from competition. This was posted on another thread on here some where.

Nice, What are they trying to prove by this? That the rider is riding a bike not owned to them? And what about regional to LL... is there anything about needing to have the same bike at both events?

Not true!

The rule for claiming is twice the MSRP. - And you must be racing in that class.

Keep in mind that if that is a prior year bike, this cpould be a deal for someone with, say $16k or $20k to blow! lol

Needles to say tho, it is nowhere near an amateur bike. - Tires alone are unobtainable at amateur level.

-Just saying.:eek:

Im not sure a 100% about this. But im guessing by claim, you mean to protest the rider and hope for their bike to be against regulations? Because I have heard that if a rider fails a protest, you have the option to buy their bike from them? Again, all through the grapevine I have never acutally been the victim of a protest. Im usually too far back in the pack for anyone to care lol.

Claiming means that you want to buy the bike. Has nothing to do with a protest. 2x MSRP (due to Alessi claiming a bike years ago when it was MSRP + a percentage and they got a steal. :)

Nice, What are they trying to prove by this? That the rider is riding a bike not owned to them? And what about regional to LL... is there anything about needing to have the same bike at both events?

Nope, just have to have the same bike for the day. - Frame actually. You can change engine and all, as long as frame numbers match once you race first moto.

Not true!

The rule for claiming is twice the MSRP. - And you must be racing in that class.

Keep in mind that if that is a prior year bike, this cpould be a deal for someone with, say $16k or $20k to blow! lol

Needles to say tho, it is nowhere near an amateur bike. - Tires alone are unobtainable at amateur level.

-Just saying.:eek:

straight from the rule book...

G. Claiming
1. All sanctioned motocross and youth meets are claiming
meets. The claiming price shall be 30 percent over (50
percent over for Supermini) manufacturer’s suggested
retail price using the Black Book AMA Official Motorcycle
Value Guide, Kelly Blue Book or NADA appraisal guide
and include the complete motorcycle, supermini or
minicycle. Vintage- and ATV-class equipment shall be
excluded from the claiming rule.
2. *Any rider (claimant) may enter a claim for a
motorcycle, supermini or minicycle ridden in an event
in which the claimant has competed. A claimant may
enter a claim with the referee any time during the meet
but no later than 30 minutes after the race results of
the event in which the claimant has competed are
posted.
3. Cash, certified check or bank draft must accompany a
claim. The owner of the claimed motorcycle must
immediately deliver it intact, along with a clear title or bill of
sale.
MOTOCROSS 1.326
4. If more than one claim is received for the same
motorcycle, the meet referee will hold a drawing to
determine the successful claimant.
5. If a rider whose motorcycle is claimed refuses to comply,
he must forfeit his trophy, is disqualified from the meet and
will be suspended for one year.
6. A rider may not enter a claim on his own equipment.

Back