RC 's LL Bike

It is still too rich for my blood. Even if it were a National rider I don't know if I would go for it. Their motors are normally 2 hr. motors. Can't afford that.

Probably, but there could be internal mods that are not seen yet are there and costly to do. I am sure Suzuki and Pro Circuit would build RC anything he wanted as long as it was class legal.

i highly doubt they are gonna risk mods "that havent been seen yet", to a claim and fall into the wrong persons hands... a competitor engine builder could snag it and learn trade secrets.

i highly doubt they are gonna risk mods "that havent been seen yet", to a claim and fall into the wrong persons hands... a competitor engine builder could snag it and learn trade secrets.

I should have said "mods that are not seen; yet are there and costly to do.". Meaning internal mods to the motor or gearing to suit RC but not available to the average joe. Therefore very expensive or unobtainium to the average buyer. Of course they are not going to put out secrets if any remain...

I should have said "mods that are not seen; yet are there and costly to do.". Meaning internal mods to the motor or gearing to suit RC but not available to the average joe. Therefore very expensive or unobtainium to the average buyer. Of course they are not going to put out secrets if any remain...

Many remain.

Right.....you're getting RC's bike, which is a brand new msrp 8399 bike with 17,000 worth of parts dumped into it. Wonder what PC would charge you in labor to build that thing??? So you'll get it for high 16k. 6,000 discount plus no labor charges.

I still think you could make that suspension work for anyone who claimed it. Nobody is gonna claim your hussy Rocket!

Dang Georgie, if I hadn't got the 2012 KX450 already, I'd be with you to claim RC's bike and split the profits!! As such, already dropped my spare 10g's. lol

Let us all know what you see there as you will be onsite a day ahead of me.

Ok so lets say someone comes up with the money to buy the bike. Anyone in the motocross community would want to ride that bike after they bought it, so what happens down the road when you need a rebuild in the motor and the suspension serviced. There is no way the average Joe can come up with the parts to replace whats in there and I would venture to say you may have a hard time replacing with some stock stuff as it may not fit. Or am I out in left field on this???

Yup. You got it. You get a really nice trophy, though.

Yes, Georgie. We had a hard time keeping it running... if you're planning to claim a bike, make sure you claim the mechanic, too, lol.

'Poto's litte brother hooked us up with a fresh set of graphics and Jimmy can replicate everything anyways so he has a really nice trophy bike.

Oh and claims go into a hat and have to be by riders in that class, we came with two for the Villopoto bike... won't say who Kawi had in on the claim, after they disabled the ATM machines, but initials are JL (bike was claimed at Englishtown so maybe some of you can figure that one out...without starting one of those notorious threads)

Ha. Yea I know. Pretty sure I was there. But uh, I remember starting next to poto in supermini and his bike had so much compression his mechanic had to kick it over. I just remember watching Ryan's leg go jagged down to the peg. Them his mechanic ripped his tree trunk leg over the bike and fired it up.

Made sense because he was 12 bike lengths in front everyone to the first turn. So I'd imagine those pistons don't last too long ha.

Well, there is a very old (probably archived??) thread where Mitch came on here with some sh...stuff about all parts being available, blah, blah, blah... we found that not to be so true. A few on here did get hooked up with autographed parts catalogues. Didn't help us much in the real world trying to get parts...

** Here's a good read on the first bike that tried to be claimed. It was at the 1976 125 Pro National.

Mickey Boone files a claim on Bob Hannah’s OW27 at Red Bud

** Fifteen minutes after Bob Hannah had won the second moto, AMA ref Chuck McCall walked over to the Yamaha pit area and impounded Bob’s winning number 39 works Yamaha. What had been feared in motocross and has happened in other types of motorcycle racing, was finally taking place. According to the AMA rules, any rider in the race can claim any other rider’s bike that was in the same race. The going price for a 125cc motocrosser is $2500.00. The rider who made the claim was Mickey Boone. Boone was of the opinion that he, as well as many other independent riders, could compete with the factory riders if they had equal equipment.

** Two minutes before the 30-minute claiming period ended. Bob Hannah ran up and put in his own claim on the works Yamaha. “That’s my bike!” exclaimed Bob. “It’s set up just right for me. No one else could ride it and I don’t want to see it destroyed!” The apprehension clouded his face which was still dirty from the race.

** Chuck McCall placed the numbers used for drawing starting positions in a coffee can and then held it in his hand over his head. Both Mickey and Bob would draw numbers. The rider who drew the highest number would win the bike. Mickey drew first, number 42. Next was Bob’s turn. Bob drew number 47. Bob Hannah had just avoided a major disaster in his so far perfect season.

** Dave Arnold:

** It has been many years but it would be reasonable to think that from Honda's side, as bad as our start to this season had been up to this point, there was hopes that Bob's bike getting claimed could possibly play into our favor.* It could have disrupted Yamaha's momentum in some way but the reality soon set in that by the next race, all factories were going to compromise their efforts to win races or even championships rather than risk losing one of their treasured works bikes and related technology.* Marty and I were instructed by Honda that we were to race on production equipment starting at the very next race in Midland Michigan until Honda came to a better understanding of how best to deal with this situation.

* In retrospect, the filing of that claim for Bob's works Yamaha dealt Honda and Marty another blow that would make winning this 125 National Championship much more difficult not easier. Hannah's works bike almost getting claimed at Buchannan Michigan was a huge wake up call for all the factories.

** Bill Buchka:

** When Mickey Boone filed a claim on our bike, we were caught completely off guard. Nobody ever anticipated that rule to ever be exercised. The thought was that every privateer wanted to get a spot on a works team. If anybody filed a claim on a works bike, they would forever alienate themselves from getting a spot on a works team. When we got notice we really had to scramble to come up with the $2500.00 to enter a counter claim on the bike. So all of us at Yamaha, the riders, mechanics, the team manager and the engineer, pooled in our travelers checks, pocket change, anything to come up with the money. Then there was a drawing where the one that picked the highest number out of a hat got to keep the motorcycle. Bob won.

Might as well say it here too: whose claiming that bad boy?

No claims as of yesterday and hopefully there will not be.
(I left before the final moto today so I do not know if soeone made a claim after moto 3)
From today's racerhead:
(And no, no one had claimed RC's bike by the time I left, and he didn't really care, though he does think he wants to have an eBay auction for it to benefit Stone Edler, the fast kid who had to drop out of the race as he fights cancer

bruce

RC said on the Podium that he was going to Auction off the bike and give it to a charity as he thought someone could use the bike and someone else could use the money that he would donate from it........ it was very cool and RC was showing some class yet again. He also praised Robbie Reynard for riding so well for those first four laps where Robbie caught and passed RC and led the race for a while. RC said that was fun and he enjoyed the challenge and remembers Robbie beating him many times over the years so it was fun to be racing with him again......

RC said on the Podium that he was going to Auction off the bike and give it to a charity as he thought someone could use the bike and someone else could use the money that he would donate from it........ it was very cool and RC was showing some class yet again. He also praised Robbie Reynard for riding so well for those first four laps where Robbie caught and passed RC and led the race for a while. RC said that was fun and he enjoyed the challenge and remembers Robbie beating him many times over the years so it was fun to be racing with him again......
RC is cool as Hell ....having fun....enjoying life and auctioning a bike for someone in need...much respect ....would have liked to seen the RC and Reynard race....

Back