RC 's LL Bike

Straight from the Loretta Lynn Supplemental Rules:

E. PROTEST FEES AND PROCEDURES

3. The claiming rule value is two times the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) at all Qualifier, Regional and National events.

bruce

Straight from the Loretta Lynn Supplemental Rules:

E. PROTEST FEES AND PROCEDURES

3. The claiming rule value is two times the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) at all Qualifier, Regional and National events.

bruce
ic, LL specific rules. gotta protect those big name guys.

so where talkin about $16k for a $25k bike, approximately? H&H was just selling their sx race bikes. basically same parts as RC's bikes. and only wanted 15 for them. chad reed wanted like 25 for his hondas. all PC parts too.

so where talkin about $16k for a $25k bike, approximately? H&H was just selling their sx race bikes. basically same parts as RC's bikes. and only wanted 15 for them. chad reed wanted like 25 for his hondas. all PC parts too.

RC's bike that he's racing at Loretta's is worth "$16,798" according to the rule. 8,399 x 2 = $16,798

Remember that: RC's bike was specifically built for this race, therefor the bike will have practice and about 1.2 hours on the hour meter by the time it will be claimed. Furthermore, i'm sure RC doesn't care either way as I'm sure he didn't pay a nickel for the bike, nor travel expenses (except the fuel in his private dual prop plane thingy.) All he is gonna want is his picture with the bike, 1 plate, his wakeboard/sword/champagne bottle, whatever else they throw at him on the podium and $16,798 to go to Nashville and party with. As charlie sheen would say: "Winning."

If you got the cash, which i'm sure someone does, then how can you NOT claim this bike. Look at the suspension components alone. And I would put money saying there are some incredibly expensive parts on that bike that you and I would have an incredibly difficult time acquiring. You think I could snag up a nickle plated head pipe with GB740 stamped on it? Yeah, maybe for 3 g's and a 6 months wait. And even then probably not.

I'm gonna be as close as I can to the impound after Moto3 to see how many people show up with 17 large for a chance to get their names thrown into a hat and drawn to "claimant" victory.

Additionally, wouldn't you think AC's bike would get claimed by someone as well?

Don't you have to be in the race to file a claim? Why would someone not involved in the competition be able to protet and file a claim? Inquiring minds need to know!

That tidbit is a given, I figured everyone was somewhat familiar with the rule. And as barrington posted:"2. *Any rider (claimant) may enter a claim for a motorcycle, supermini or minicycle ridden in an event in which the claimant has competed."

See George my Lawyer doesn't read the rule that way. He reads it as the claimant must have raced in the same class, not just the same event!!!

I think your posts are getting longer as you get older too Georgie! LOL!!!

Of course we have all heard of the dads who disappear into the woods for an hour to change out the stock motor for the modded one....

See George my Lawyer doesn't read the rule that way. He reads it as the claimant must have raced in the same class, not just the same event!!!

I think your posts are getting longer as you get older too Georgie! LOL!!!

Of course we have all heard of the dads who disappear into the woods for an hour to change out the stock motor for the modded one....

I figure by the time I'm rockets age all my responses will be at minimum, two paragraphs. With perfect grammar, but that will come in time.

And my lawyer reads it as "event" means ----> "race in turn" which means ----> same class.

However, I like how your lawyer reads it better. So...will there be any lawyers in the impound after moto 3? Perhaps the ohio boys can rally up 17,000 and take a crack at getting it without racing the specific class.......tthheeen they put DD on a treadmill with the bike dangling in front of him, like Astro running after the steak...........I'd pay to see that.

$3,000 motor and $10,000 in suspension. Pahahahahahahah. His suspension has more in it than a complete dunginator. Bike!!!

Man I really need to get better at picking 6 random numbers with the powerball in a row. Because I'd have 2 of them in a 40 foot A class toy hauler.

Anyhow msrp + all the PC work brings the grand yam total to about just under $24,000. So you're getting roughly a $6,000 discount.

I hope that some claims my bike after the last moto for those prices so that I can build another new one for next year for much less than that!!! Although it would be a shame to let 1 of the 2 works WP Shocks in the country for a Husaberg 4 stroke go to someone else! Maybe I should bring my stock shock and swap it as soon as I get back to the trailer to keep the claimant from getting my good stuff!

Georgie, you mean RC's bike doesn't have the handmade aluminum fuel vessel with the gold plating on the bottom to reflect heat and prevent the fuel, we can hardly call it gas after all, from getting to warm prior to being fed into that monster? How will he ever make it through 3 MOTOS with such a crude piece of machinery.

And who knows what else they have dreamed up in the mean time as the bike I am referring to is his Zuker 450 at the last National at Broome Tioga years ago. You gotta love what can be done when spending other people's money!

Ok so lets say someone comes up with the money to buy the bike. Anyone in the motocross community would want to ride that bike after they bought it, so what happens down the road when you need a rebuild in the motor and the suspension serviced. There is no way the average Joe can come up with the parts to replace whats in there and I would venture to say you may have a hard time replacing with some stock stuff as it may not fit. Or am I out in left field on this???

Man I really need to get better at picking 6 random numbers with the powerball in a row. Because I'd have 2 of them in a 40 foot A class toy hauler.

when that happens i call a factory rmz, maybe a practice bike too? ohh ya and shotty in the rig. k thanks.

Ok so lets say someone comes up with the money to buy the bike. Anyone in the motocross community would want to ride that bike after they bought it, so what happens down the road when you need a rebuild in the motor and the suspension serviced. There is no way the average Joe can come up with the parts to replace whats in there and I would venture to say you may have a hard time replacing with some stock stuff as it may not fit. Or am I out in left field on this???

You might find that because the bike is built specifically for RC that it is virtually unrideable to the average rider. I have heard of this with some local pros in the past. I remember a couple people telling me that they tried to ride John Shays Nationals 250 and walked awy telling John they didn't know how he even rode that thing at all. And these were better than average riders for sure.

You can see from the picture that the seat is lowered and the subframe chopped. But, you are correct, you would have to consider it mainly a display piece because it would be hard and very expensive to maintain. Keep in mind that these top guys go through 3 or 4 frames in a Nationls season, let alone all the other parts and special parts. Even Dyno Dan put a new crank in Casey Johnson's 250 after each National race and Casey was not running up front. It is neat to see all the parts for a season all laid out though....impressive and expensive.

you can buy everything on that bike.

Right.....you're getting RC's bike, which is a brand new msrp 8399 bike with 17,000 worth of parts dumped into it. Wonder what PC would charge you in labor to build that thing??? So you'll get it for high 16k. 6,000 discount plus no labor charges.

I still think you could make that suspension work for anyone who claimed it. Nobody is gonna claim your hussy Rocket!

Back