Loretta Lynn's Race updates

MAVERICK3

PR Member
Come on Pit, I know you're there already, give us all some pics and updates on the track, eye candy, anything!!:D

Well Pitracer and I both made it into the ranch today with me arriving at 4 am and Pit getting in at about 1130. Zman saved us spots at the very top of stage coach hill in the last spot! We set up camp and explored today and got some eye candy pics! But those are for another forum when I get a wifi connection. We talked with Doug Dubach today, he was floating down the river by the rope swing with the family including wife, both daughters, and son. He was cool and just enjoying the river. While we were there, Scott Sheak and son went by in a canoe going to a fishing hole and Trampas Parker went by too in a canoe with his son too I think. We also saw Robbie Reynard today too. Packed down here early this year and RC has about 4 book up spots all together for he and friends right near the general store and the Hand family. Silvers , Lord, and Salamon are all parked down by the river and new bmx track this year! Good stuff and some good laughs in the river today with friends!

Are you guys up by the house in the woods by the showers? That’s a great spot in my opinion. There was a nice foot path that took ya right down to the bleachers and tower.
Is the other group on left or right of the beach?
Glad everyone made it down. Have you found Moist?
Weather for ya looks good so far. How hot is it so far compared to years past?

OK, we are last spot at the very top top top of stage coach hill right across from the old shower house that has been closed down for a few years. I'm parked along the old shower house. Zman is last spot on gravel area along the road and turn around, Pitracer backed his trailer up to the back of the Zman rig. Moist isn't supposed to show up until tomorrow late and we don't even know what he looks like........ so he's got to come up and introduce us.

It was ok hot, not unbearable today..... and there are pics to share.....

I'm having trouble getting pics to load!

IMG_9597.jpgLet's see if I can get a pic to load here...... The golf cart scene gone wild!!!!

Larry and Chris got down there early Thurs. morning and it was pretty full. Carl Hand was there Wed. and he said at that time spots were pretty open but late Wed. and Thurs. morning they began rolling in full force. Some of the pit vehicles are quite a sight. There is a golf cart that sits so high their heads would be equal to our sprinter van. They were all wondering how on earth you transport such a vehicle.
The pit vehicles are a big problem there at times. Larry said they fly by and cause all sorts of dust problems. You can't cook outside. One of the MX women at sign up said, Give me a 1/2 hour to police and I'll shut them down. I can remember telling Russ Collier the same thing when we were there years ago. I think many parents use those pit vehicles as babysitters so they can go off and party themselves. They need better policing {SP} to stop some of that. It really does take away from some of enjoyment.

Kari and I made an uphill pass on RC while he was driving a golf cart back up to StageCoach Hill. Kari told him he's too slow and he just laughed.....

We are at the Best Western. When checking in the front desk questioned us and said this is supposed to be reserved for people on a list only and they were shocked we had a room booked here. Kari definitely has magic skills when it comes to booking trips!

I gave Cmoist my cell number but I have bad service, not sure I will get his call when he gets in today. Also not sure we can squeeze him in up there, it's like Tetris up there.

Zman and I were commenting, it's like we never left last year. Most of the vendors, etc are in the same spot, it's just like a time warp back to 2011. Suzuki seems to have a bigger presence this year which is cool.

No pit vehicle dust up on the hill, they water the roads so much up there they are actually a little muddy to ride down.

Kari and I made an uphill pass on RC while he was driving a golf cart back up to StageCoach Hill. Kari told him he's too slow and he just laughed.....

We are at the Best Western. When checking in the front desk questioned us and said this is supposed to be reserved for people on a list only and they were shocked we had a room booked here. Kari definitely has magic skills when it comes to booking trips!

Congratulations on passing RC. Last year I pulled the holeshot on Emig at the cuban sandwich place.
If Kari found a room at the BW in Hurricane Mills you owe her big time. it has been virtually impossible to get a room at the HI Express or BW since they were built. and as far as the other hotels in Hurricane Mills/Buffalo, I would rather sleep in my car or drive the half hour from Dickson.

I'll see you Tuesday.

bruce

We were first practice today in Vet B/C and as we were waiting it absolutely downpoured rain for like 15 minutes or so. Needless to say it was really not much fun practicing in that, let alone being a fat guy on a 144cc bike! I actually crashed on the PARADE lap and didn't get going until almost being a lap down!

Zman crashed also and bent back another radiator, what's with those Yams and wanting to spit their cooling system off? Rocket's Hussy was spewing antifreeze all over, he was looking for a higher PSI radiator cap.

We all went back out for +25/+40 practice and all of us had the pleasure of being passed by RC at some point, most of us more than once. By this practice the track was dry but it was gnarly rough and rutted, super tough.

Randy947 made about 1/4 of a lap and also crashed on the parade lap, which resulted in a trip to the hospital. He's ok but has a giant contusion on his right arm. Nothing a Bud Light or twenty can't cure!

I think RC is sandbagging, not just by entering, but by getting through qualifying without romping and possibly not using a transponder to show how fast the greatest MX rider of all time ( who is still young) can still go against amateurs. Has anyone commented on is speed today? I would be interested in what you guys saw. With this said, i would still love to watch those motos.

Back