Loretta Lynn's Race updates

Robin borrowed one from a friend. Jack kept wanting to drive it around. He was relentless. The drz 125 was not cool enough I guess. Probably a good thing as z- man would have been dq if he got in trouble .

I had the king 2 seater Razor 800 EFI Sport complete with a stereo system Rollbar light bar, and extra lights....... 8 in all on the front that were blinding at night. Funny story, on Thurs evening Candyman and I are driving down to the shower house to wash off and on the way we go past a camp of a bunch of teenagers having fun along the paved road, they are squirting everyone that goes by with the small hand held squirt guns that MC Superstore gave away to everyone. On top of that, they have a bucket full of change or something that is tied into the bucket and act like they are throwing water at you but the bag of change comes out and dies when it reaches the end of it's cord. They did this to us on the way down and back from the shower house and like all good 43 and 44 year old men that act like kids, we wanted to get them back. So we get 2 bazooka squirt gun pushers and fill them with ice cold cooler water for Eddie to shoot, and I get a super soaker 7000 with max pressure pumped up also with ice cold cooler water...... we drive the long way around past them down the hill and come up past the general store.......... we turn on all 8 blinding headlights when we get near them to blind the whole 10 kids sitting along the road......... and SQUIRT THEM ALL WITH ICE COLD COOLER WATER........... the delight of their screams when they got some of their own medicine in return was more than worth the effort we put in.

Funny stuff still going on at the ranch!

Oh yeah, the Razor kicks ass!

The Final +40 Moto came down to Mike Treadwell #19 and Doug Dubach #15 with 1 - 3 and 3 -1 going into the 3rd winner take all moto. They Battled hard the entire moto with Treadwell with the early lead, Dubach catching and passing him and holding him off until the final lap. Treadwell caught back up and here's how close they are with a few turns to go which included some "rubbing is racing" moves! Dubach held on for his second championship of the week!

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

And for those that want to help your roaming Pitracer.com reporter / rider out, I have a video clip entered into the GoPro Moment of Awesomeness contest from Loretta Lynns. Please go view my clip here as the winner is based on total # of views:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmQviLEpW28

Go there as many distinct times as you can until August 20th, and send my video views through the roof and I'll win. Also, don't watch the other guys entries as each time you do, it hurts me. My entry was early in Moto 2 of Vet B where I was battling with Howard Jabaay (the oldest Vet B Competitor at age 46, while the second oldest competitor (me) was passing him for 6th place). Howard is the one "hooting it up" on the video as we had battled the entire 1st moto and he said he didn't want to get beat by a Hussy and gave it his all to keep me behind him. You guys all saw Howard at the Red Bud Regional with his tall and lanky #26 Kaw in all of the Vet Classes, as he ran +30 B, +40, and +45 at Red Bud and qualified in all of them for Lorettas. We finished 15th and 16th Moto 1, than 8th and 10th Moto 2 and passed each other about 8 times between those motos having a really great time on the track. He's a super nice guy that kind of looks a little like the Geico Cave Man!

Cant say I didnt tell ya all so that shane Mcelrath was on it.

I was also a believer in Shane after watching him at Red Bud (clear and concise message post).
It was a great week for Shane and family as he left the ranch with 2 large trophies and 4 offers for next season.
It could not happen to a better kid and family.

bruce

What a blast at the Ranch with all the pit posse and friends. Thanks to everyone that either help me out or gave me words of encouragment. Luck didn't go my way for most of the week. I still had a blast coming thru the pack and seeing how far I could get towards the front. A lot of work to be done for next year but looking forward it.

What a blast at the Ranch with all the pit posse and friends. Thanks to everyone that either help me out or gave me words of encouragment. Luck didn't go my way for most of the week. I still had a blast coming thru the pack and seeing how far I could get towards the front. A lot of work to be done for next year but looking forward it.

I agree, much better for me than 2 years ago, but as I said all season, this was about the week vacation hanging with family and friends. The riding was a bonus, thus the reason I only really ran one class, Vet B/C. In any case, took a look at some of the pics my wife took.

Here is a sample with some others in my profile directory album Lorettas 2012.

Mitchy hooks up with Blake Wharton.
attachment.php

Robbie Reynard turning laps
attachment.php

Ricky Charmichael burning around the track
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rocket cooking around
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Silvers getting loose on the hot lap.
attachment.php

Zman trying to keep from tearing off a radiator for a 3rd time in two weeks.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Moments before I crash in moto 1 and start from 42nd to get back to 22nd. Ran into the bike already on the ground you can barely see in this pic.
attachment.php

Zman and CMOIST hashing it out. Seemed each moto CMOIST and I ended up racing each for a lap or two. Fun stuff.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Wife and Beenridin
attachment.php

Mitchy launching himself into the river.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Pool launches
attachment.php

Daughter and Mom acting like a mirror image of each other in their stance.
attachment.php

Someone who didn't think 102 degrees was warm enough
attachment.php

AWESOME!! Fun stuff right there!
Didn't bust out the fancy pants?
The 125 would have made it suck..
Bet Mitchy had more fun than at Disney even with a hungry fan of the week watching him jump in the pool.
The racing looks Epic..!

Back