Where are the Ohio riders at Loretta's?

nitrofish

PR Addict
Marc if you dont race and dont care about racing, why did you even open my thread?
This was never ment to be a personal attack so If the word idiot offends you then maybe take a look in the mirror Jimmy...

Back to my question.... Now, what can we do (the racers and tracks) to improve our riders to compete on a national level?

btw. about my riding... go to the vault and look up Chris Knox

I looked you up in the vault, shoulda practiced more. LOL. http://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/chris-knox/races

strawder19

PR Member
Imo, its guys like sellards, rife, mcdade etc. need to get on here and offer some input. their opinions would be greatly valued from a riders point of view. also, track owners should take better initiative to promote rider development rather than the moisture to dirt ratios.

mblair

PR Founding Father
btw. about my riding... go to the vault and look up Chris Knox[/QUOTE]

Heavy C!!!! Where the hell you been!! Get your big ass back out there with us!!! On another note....things have changed while you have been away...but you are already finding that out :)

mblair

PR Founding Father
I looked you up in the vault, shoulda practiced more. LOL. http://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/chris-knox/races

So you have qualified for a 250SX have ya there big fella?? Crackin on someone who has qualified and ridden a pro national or a 250 SX at that really makes me question some people on the web at times.

I am quite sure that no one who has ever lined up at a professional SX or MX can comprehend what it takes just to make the fast 40 or 20 at that level. I can ASSURE you that Chris practiced plenty just to get to the level it takes to make a 20 rider SX main event!!

strawder19

PR Member
So you have qualified for a 250SX have ya there big fella?? Crackin on someone who has qualified and ridden a pro national or a 250 SX at that really makes me question some people on the web at times.

I am quite sure that no one who has ever lined up at a professional SX or MX can comprehend what it takes just to make the fast 40 or 20 at that level. I can ASSURE you that Chris practiced plenty just to get to the level it takes to make a 20 rider SX main event!!

I can. ive raced the summit indoors before. cant be much difference.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Whats up Mikey.. Been a long time..
I would love to join you guys again but I am pretty sure my fat ass would have a heartattack on lap 2. The youngest boy is going to start racing next year and if I can lose 900lbs im sure I will have to get a new bike and start racing again.
I have heard good things about Briarcliff so I guess I will have to drive over and check it out. I am left with 3 pool tables (better wise known at DMC, Treaty and DC) on my end of the state.
Nitro, your right, i should have practice more. Just not on the flat tracks that we are left with today.
So Blair what do you think is the problem?

mblair

PR Founding Father
Ohio has their first 2012 LL Champ!!! Congratulations to Braxton Brown! 3-1-1 moto scores for the 50cc 4-6 Shaft championship!!! I know the little guys Dad and grandparents and they are all super good folks. Happy for the little fella!!

mblair

PR Founding Father
Whats up Mikey.. Been a long time..
I would love to join you guys again but I am pretty sure my fat ass would have a heartattack on lap 2. The youngest boy is going to start racing next year and if I can lose 900lbs im sure I will have to get a new bike and start racing again.
I have heard good things about Briarcliff so I guess I will have to drive over and check it out. I am left with 3 pool tables (better wise known at DMC, Treaty and DC) on my end of the state.
Nitro, your right, i should have practice more. Just not on the flat tracks that we are left with today.
So Blair what do you think is the problem?

Been too long Chris!! Heck yeah these big 4 strokes will haul you around just fine!! they work for me :). The Cliff is a good track and Jo does an excellent job prepping and working the tracks that he has. You can always count on having a good track when you go there to ride and i am really looking forward to racing there at the end of the month. I don't know what the answer is with crowds though...I kinda agree with Washel though practice tracks seem to be packed and race track get s**t turnouts. I have only race 3 times this year and the biggest gate i have seen had 7 and it was a LL area qualifier.

I like riding with my friends and practice days are great for that...but i am a racer not a rider so it has been a hard road locally.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I will call Husaberg and see if they can make me a 700cc
Hell, at this point I may need a V8 and I dont mean the drink

mblair

PR Founding Father
A board regular, Robin McClain, just put a Husaberg in the top 10 one moto in the VetB class down at LL so there is still hope for ya :)

nitrofish

PR Addict

Not crakin, just funnin. Trying to keep it light, no disrespect. Just ride, race and do what ever ya want. Matt.

hershey

PR Elite
I am first and foremost a racer. I would race every weekend instead of play riding if....

#1...There were tracks within 1-2 hours of my house WORTH RACING AT! Im sorry (well not really) if this post will piss off some CRA track owners but it is true. The comments above about flat easy hard pack tracks is dead on. I cant stand racing a track that makes it too easy for the whimpy masses only to try and draw a crowd. A sound business plan but crappy for those that want a challenge. CRA tracks allow quads to race and rarely design or prep the track in a way to make the coexistence of the two welcome. Getting dust berm showers isnt my idea of racing.

#2...Gates were more full. Its no fun lining up on the gate with 3-5 people in your class. Yeah if I wanted to petition back to C class and sandbag I could race 20-30 guys but even B class isnt big any more here.

#3...the cost wasnt so high. Yes I am pulling that card. To race two classes costs about $150 for the day. You get about 12-15 laps for that including practice. Less than $50 gets you an entire day of riding with your friends. I did 4 30+ minute motos at Briarcliff last weekend.

Those are just my personal reasons for not racing every weekend instead of play riding. I raced for years in CRA and did very well in the B classes and even did good now and again in the money classes. But CRA tracks do very little to prepare a rider for national level tracks. I learned that after 10 years of CRA then trying for LL. Its kind of like being king s**t in high school and then going to OSU......

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Back to my question.... Now, what can we do (the racers and tracks) to improve our riders to compete on a national level?

If that’s the question, then fine. But don’t slam non racers and tracks you don't know about.
In the Vault or not, I still don't give a crap who you are / were.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Marcthewhinnyassbitch must have been taken...
I did not slam the non racers nor the tracks. If being called an idiot or referring to a track as a pool table is a slam then do something about it... Make the tracks better, and in some cases go to school...
And you should know me... I was the fat guy bouncing off your Mom

#23_Racing

PR Addict
I own a Lawn Landscape and Snow Removal business and in the past 3 years everyone thats out of work has bought a mower and has started mowing as well as a plow truck 90% has no ins or workers comp so they can do work for 1/2 my price and thats without mother nature sticking it to me this past winter and now summer. So Ya that my reason why my son raced 1 LLQ and only 1 LLR. If we didnt have our own track he wouldnt be riding at all but now both ponds are drained because of no rain and the closest real practice track is over 2 hrs away most good ones are 3. There is nothing in my part of the state MRA is 40 min down 80-90 but that track hasnt had a rut in 30 years and is way over priced to race they just raced the Best In The Midwest and had 4 in 250B but yet theystill charge crazy money to get in and race.

We dont race much in the CRA but this year if he wants to race thats where we have to go and Amherst, Melvern and Pyma are the only ones we go to and after Pymas 3 day race deal we will prob not return to that track. Money is a HUGE reason we havent been racing hell my son has been racing a bone stock 250f motor and bone stock susp.
Hard to compete when you have no ruts to deal with.

I do believe practice is everything but dropping the gate is needed to improve your racing.

#23_Racing

PR Addict
Marcthewhinnyassbitch must have been taken...
I did not slam the non racers nor the tracks. If being called an idiot or referring to a track as a pool table is a slam then do something about it... Make the tracks better, and in some cases go to school...
And you should know me... I was the fat guy bouncing off your Mom

Are you a male nurse? Kinda grumpy like one that I know

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Man, we are talking about practice (Allen Iverson rant)... How is riding with 200 idiots on a hard dusty track "fun"? The last thing I want to do is try to go fast with Little Jimmy stopping in the middle of the track to answer his phone or Johnny Whitetrash deciding to ride the other direction cause "I can ramp my bike off that jump gooder that way". Yes those people exist and play a LARGE, very important part in our sport. (Someone has to buy my old race bike) but I have to ask. Are you Johnny or Jimmy? And if so, why are you on a board called Pitracer reading about a National Race?
Why would you practice (open ride) then not race? Is this a result of the soccer generation not wanting to keep score cause we don’t want to hurt there feeling if they don’t win?

I digress... What can be done to help our return relevance?

Not making many friends this way....