What if you could start over new?

Then you need to repeal the no jumping ban on the sport class, it may have turned out for the best at the Battle but your asking for trouble. Or Just make one +30 vet sport class.

Then you need to repeal the no jumping ban on the sport class, it may have turned out for the best at the Battle but your asking for trouble. Or Just make one +30 vet sport class.

we talked briefly about classes, and i think we are going with one Vet Sport, or Vet Beginner class, and it will get its own gate.

Trouble is my middle name.

We have to get over our fear of riding around other people. That is why our race day is so long.
I agree.
But the fear of “getting jumped on”? It’s real to these folks. You hear it time and time again. And they do make up a portion of riders out there.

I don't care what you call it, it's just nice to see so much interest in ohio mx. After the OMG attempt maybe you should borrow a slogan from Alessi "Believe the hype"

People get landed on when they don't hold their line. When they look back in the middle of the jump to the right and consequently start turning right.

Vet beginner class could be 30-103 years old No jump class with their own gate... (I said 103 because I've seen someone live to 107, but they stopped golfing at 103. :D)

People get landed on when they don't hold their line. When they look back in the middle of the jump to the right and consequently start turning right.
Yup, but that’s what happens.
I think it must be an observation/ understanding that comes with the capability of hucking the big ones .
It all sinks in once they’re the ones in the air.

I hope that we didn't scare off some of the 30+sport and 40+sport racers that didn't jump the other non-specified jumps? Particularly when some of us in their class were flying over their heads hitting these jumps?

The bottom line is, we want them all back next year. Right?

(and not just at Briarcliff, but at any Ohio tracks offering up vet class's)

Well, my assailant and I decided on the name, I wanna thank everyone for their input. In the end we kept it simple, straight forward, and i think it defines who we are and what we stand for. For the official title we are forming the Ohio Motocross Association, we will be District X within that association. Again, I like the fact that we kept the edgy part of it. It sends a message, yet we can use the official title when dealing with Sponsors, Corporate entities, and such. I apologize if this this name doesnt make some of you happy, but the name is just a formality, we will do our talking with our organization, programs, ideas, and our work ethic. We will set high standards for those who want to be a part of the OMA. We are looking at certain tracks right now, I think we shall have a formal annoucement in terms of the intial tracks in the coming days, but BC is in.

So I'm assuming tracks that are a part of this are in the CRA or D11. Do they belong to two Associations or do they leave where they are? And what about races? I know Malvern, Holeshot run just about every weekend, this New Association is about quality and not quantity. Do they lose races or are will they continue to race every weekend?

So I'm assuming tracks that are a part of this are in the CRA or D11. Do they belong to two Associations or do they leave where they are? And what about races? I know Malvern, Holeshot run just about every weekend, this New Association is about quality and not quantity. Do they lose races or are will they continue to race every weekend?

None of the tracks in OMA will belong to CRA or D11 at the same time. We are completely separate. There will only be one race at one track per weekend max.

What about open practice at these tracks? That is, on race weekends will the other tracks in the OMA be permitted to hold open practices?

What about open practice at these tracks? That is, on race weekends will the other tracks in the OMA be permitted to hold open practices?

No. We want people to race!!!!!! Although if there is not a race on a set weekend then open practice should be allowed.

If none of the OMA tracks have practice, do really think it will stop people from riding at the other ten zillion tracks running practice?

Back