What if you could start over new?

I tell you what, MX 213 is a NICE track, and should be considered. They have a nice place, as does chillitown and FastTraxx. IMHO

District Xtreme Racers for the corporate use. DX or District X for us racers.

D-Generation-X-Cartoon-d-generation-x-1852387-1024-768.jpg

Logo "Suck it."

Now we're seceding? What a buncha rebels we are. Although, if you keep ohio out of the name, then you got chances to grow outside of ohio years down the road.

I'm sure it ain't just Ohio who doesn't race often.

Do away with the X it sounds like you want to start a rap group And do you think you also can make the 7 in a class rule work at other tracks ?

How would it work if your racing for some kind of points and when you show up to a race there isn't 7 riders in that class. Just a long drive for nothing?

No. You sift through the results.

Say Matilda got 18th in Plus 30. She was the first "womens class" rider to cross the line. Therefor she gets the full 25 pt to win. The guy who got 19th and the rest of the field gets bumped up 1 position. And gets points points for their "class position."

With the track software it can be done. That's not a problem.

Or say: 'Plus 25' rider Bill smoked everyone in 'Plus 30.' because Bill's class only had 6 sign up. Joe (a true 'Plus 30' rider) came across the finish line right behind him in the combined moto (WITH NO STAGGER)
Bill would receive 25 points to win.
Joe would recieve 25 point as he did win his class as well. Additionally everyone else in Plus 30 would get a 1 place bump (up i.e. 15th to 14th; 10th to 9th etc...) in plus 30 to accomodate for Bill (an out of class participant) winning the race.

It's very easy! As long as people have "L E G I B L E" numbers on their bikes it can be done!!!!!!!

Another thing that irritated me about d12.

The points. If 25 riders or more signed up you got 30 points for 1st. If less than 25 riders signed up you got like 20 points, if less than 10 riders or something you got 10 points. ( I can't remember the exact numbers, that's more for a general example, but signups effected your points number you could recieve by place.)

Screw that. Make it uniformed. If you get first you get 25 points.

Try something like this for overalls:

1-25
2-22
3-20
4-16
5-12
6-7
7-4
8-2
9-1
10-Last:0
(or adjust it some other way? Or adopt the pro scoring system and do it by moto.)

I remember I missed a race one year for some reason the kid that won that day got 30 points... And for some reason it turned out that I had to really work my arse off because the turnouts in 250B weren't pulling 30 point wins. I was stuck at 20pts each race. And when you're arch nemesis of the year is getting 2nd and only 2 points less each race you can't really catch up. I think that season I had more overall wins but still tied the series and we ended up "sharing" the championship. A uniformed point system will help out point-chaser people who may miss a race due to Work or some other event.

I know this post is jumping the gate because there still is no organization, or the cat is scratching at the bag I mean. But this is another valid argument and a decision that will need to be made.

Do away with the X it sounds like you want to start a rap group And do you think you also can make the 7 in a class rule work at other tracks ?

We are not going to use the 5 in a class rule. It will never fly in this "time out" era. That will stay in the dream world. I'm keeping the X because it makes people uncomfortable. Me and my assailant like the District X. That can be the slang, nickname or whatever. We will come up with a corporate official name for white collars out there. Im digging the Federal Order of Motocross. Or Possibly the Fraternal Order of Mx. Within that order we are District X.

It can work. You don't KILL the class.......it's still there, it's just on a same gate drop (LESS MOTOS) as another moto with less than a full gate of signups.

It can work. You don't KILL the class.......it's still there, it's just on a same gate drop (LESS MOTOS) as another moto with less than a full gate of signups.

We tried at the Battle, people freaked out, "I want my own gate drop" Blah!

The main culprits were 30+ & 30+ sport, 40 & 40+ Sport. "Those fast guys caught me, oh my!!!" Pffft, sissies. Not one injury from a stagger start where classes got mixed either!

Well hell yes! You need to get rid of all those cards that represent entities that dont give a s**t about you or motocross. The DX card is all you need. Our series end awards and swag fest will be second to none.

In that case you might want to offer a life membership complete with tattoo instead of the everyday card.

We tried at the Battle, people freaked out, "I want my own gate drop" Blah!

The main culprits were 30+ & 30+ sport, 40 & 40+ Sport. "Those fast guys caught me, oh my!!!" Pffft, sissies. Not one injury from a stagger start where classes got mixed either!
I thought the sport classes were about separating skill level for comfort and the perceived safety for those sport type riders. Not so much about the competition.
Having them on the track at the same time just defeats the intention. Sport riders want to be on the track with other sport riders. It’s a comfort thing…

We are not going to use the 5 in a class rule. It will never fly in this "time out" era. That will stay in the dream world. I'm keeping the X because it makes people uncomfortable. Me and my assailant like the District X. That can be the slang, nickname or whatever. We will come up with a corporate official name for white collars out there. Im digging the Federal Order of Motocross. Or Possibly the Fraternal Order of Mx. Within that order we are District X.

What does time out era mean?? If the rules state at the beginning of the season there is a class size minimum, I do not see what the drama is. It must be posted on every update and every flier. It worked in carting and that was the most unorganized bunch of yahoo's ever. No surprises if you know ahead of time. What is the risk? Pissing off the 4 people wanting to run some obscure class? Georgie is right, you don't kill the class, and with LEGIBLE numbers -or- transponders. It is easy. On a side note. I will exempt the Dart Kart club as -THE- most organized guys ever to run an event. By the way, the carting community has embraced transponders. The track promoters would even rent them and they were required at certain events. You could buy your own, or rent from the track. No drama with scoring ! They are expensive, $300 or more, but renting them on race days is another source of revenue for the promoter. Just a thought.

Well hell yes! You need to get rid of all those cards that represent entities that dont give a s**t about you or motocross. The DX card is all you need. Our series end awards and swag fest will be second to none.

I have no doubt about that after seeing what was given away at the Battle For Ohio.....

I thought the sport classes were about separating skill level for comfort and the perceived safety for those sport type riders. Not so much about the competition.
Having them on the track at the same time just defeats the intention. Sport riders want to be on the track with other sport riders. It’s a comfort thing…

Absolutely....Well put. There is nothing worse as being on the track and not being sure whats going through the mind of the "sport class" guy when your just an average "non sport class" guy......Is he going to jump this one? ( Is he even allowed because I didnt pay attention since Im allowed to jump everything) If he doesnt is he going to hold his line? Does he know Im even coming up on him fast?

No offense but there were two times I didnt jump at the battle because of this situation. I know lots of guys would jump anyway but I thought it was a crock. And yes you can call me a pussy. Lol

Back