What if you could start over new?

So in the sunday what if scenario I think the question was will there also be normal race day practice in the am before racing?

Thanks Hershey, that was my question. Geez, do I gotta spell it out for this guy? Lol. 2013 is looking pretty exciting, in a perfect world.

Well the want for me not to be the first to bring up the removal of the Women's class apparently left me out in the dust. Kelly can't be expected to fight for the cause as the only woman on here. There is nothing comparable to the Women's class. There is no reason to remove it. Not asking for 4 separate female categories like the AMA, just leave it the way it is. "Stagger" us with the Vet classes, almost every race I've been to has been with them. What other class would you want us to race? Maybe the 5 races permitted in the "beginner" big bike class (before we sandbag by racing too many), then which we have to move up to B? Yeah, there are soo many racers of the female nature capable and willing to race the B class, especially with what I presume will be a full gate with this class structure. But Kim already set a precedent racing the money class at OIR, so I suppose everybody else just must be expected to be able to. If girls wanted to (or be forced to or else not ride for that matter) race another/man class after driving all that way to the track, you would see more than a half handful out of the 50 or so that would have done so.

But then again, with the exception of a few people with nostalgia, I don't thing an overwhelming majority of the racing community wants that few of classes to race in. I doubt it would be worth it as a promoter in the long run, and I certainly wouldn't race a series like that. People want multiple 'titles,' that's why they race multiple classes at places like Lorettas. Why wait an entire year to get another title, because there is no schoolboy for the 85 kids or classes are started together to make big gates and save time. They will just go race the AMA or whatever PA series that is. They apparently get big turnouts and have many classes with faster(?) racers.

Whatever series is made, I don't think it should have more than 15 races for the entire season whatsoever. And if there is a Saturday practice, please don't give us only 3 laps prior to the start of the races on Sunday. Many people including myself work on Saturday.

In relation to the amount of races per season, if there wasn't 130 in the CRA maybe the Women's class turnout would be better. Do I drive 2 hours to get to TV Land where there *could* be a better turnout, or go to Amherst where it is 30 minutes away where turnouts are steady but could have a randomly big class turnout in women's, because I can't do both. Too many choices per weekend for a small population to decide on and hopefully end up at the same place for a decent gate. No reason to have 3 races a weekend. Unless the only way you can win a series is to race them all, every week.

I am all for making a minimum number of entries for a class to run (or better yet, to be able to receive points<- promoter could still make money by throwing them with another class moto). But don't make it crazy for a first year series. 3-5 would be perfect to start at. Number of people on gate, yes I agree I hate only 7 people out there with a staggered start. Doesn't mean you have to get rid of classes to make the day faster, just put more together.

Christina has a point, no so much pertaining to the women's class but all classes. We will use the women's class as an example. Amherst and Tv Land race on the same day, both places have 5 in the class, that's 10 total if we combine and not have 2 tracks running on the same day. This could be beneficial in all classes. The idea of less races is a good idea. It can generate better turnout for the one track and not everyone running from fri. sat. sun to race 3 races just to get the points.

Just to throw this out there I practiced at Malvern on sat and we had 8 women, would of had 9 but Kaylynn is off at college, her sisters were riding.

All this nostalgia talk, what exactly do you really want ? You were all over the place.

Who in Ohio is racing for a "title" ? I feel like this (and maybe I'm wrong) organization is aiming at something "different. ". ......innovative. Outside the norm. Evidently that's what Ohio wants.

We are all pro practicers it seems. (the majority). So we want more seat time. With that in mind it's gonna take some conservative cuts and radical ideas to mesh together and create a new, competitive, innovative and fun organization.

Well the want for me not to be the first to bring up the removal of the Women's class apparently left me out in the dust. Kelly can't be expected to fight for the cause as the only woman on here. There is nothing comparable to the Women's class. There is no reason to remove it. Not asking for 4 separate female categories like the AMA, just leave it the way it is. "Stagger" us with the Vet classes, almost every race I've been to has been with them. What other class would you want us to race? Maybe the 5 races permitted in the "beginner" big bike class (before we sandbag by racing too many), then which we have to move up to B? Yeah, there are soo many racers of the female nature capable and willing to race the B class, especially with what I presume will be a full gate with this class structure. But Kim already set a precedent racing the money class at OIR, so I suppose everybody else just must be expected to be able to. If girls wanted to (or be forced to or else not ride for that matter) race another/man class after driving all that way to the track, you would see more than a half handful out of the 50 or so that would have done so.

But then again, with the exception of a few people with nostalgia, I don't thing an overwhelming majority of the racing community wants that few of classes to race in. I doubt it would be worth it as a promoter in the long run, and I certainly wouldn't race a series like that. People want multiple 'titles,' that's why they race multiple classes at places like Lorettas. Why wait an entire year to get another title, because there is no schoolboy for the 85 kids or classes are started together to make big gates and save time. They will just go race the AMA or whatever PA series that is. They apparently get big turnouts and have many classes with faster(?) racers.

Whatever series is made, I don't think it should have more than 15 races for the entire season whatsoever. And if there is a Saturday practice, please don't give us only 3 laps prior to the start of the races on Sunday. Many people including myself work on Saturday.

In relation to the amount of races per season, if there wasn't 130 in the CRA maybe the Women's class turnout would be better. Do I drive 2 hours to get to TV Land where there *could* be a better turnout, or go to Amherst where it is 30 minutes away where turnouts are steady but could have a randomly big class turnout in women's, because I can't do both. Too many choices per weekend for a small population to decide on and hopefully end up at the same place for a decent gate. No reason to have 3 races a weekend. Unless the only way you can win a series is to race them all, every week.

I am all for making a minimum number of entries for a class to run (or better yet, to be able to receive points<- promoter could still make money by throwing them with another class moto). But don't make it crazy for a first year series. 3-5 would be perfect to start at. Number of people on gate, yes I agree I hate only 7 people out there with a staggered start. Doesn't mean you have to get rid of classes to make the day faster, just put more together.

Holy rocket robin post. Scates I agree. I am amazed at how timid people are about racing amongst other classes.

All this nostalgia talk, what exactly do you really want ? You were all over the place.

Who in Ohio is racing for a "title" ? I feel like this (and maybe I'm wrong) organization is aiming at something "different. ". ......innovative. Outside the norm. Evidently that's what Ohio wants.

I know I was all over, but it's for a good reason. There are just so many different things that have to be considered on every different level. What I want? Cutting classes down would be fantastic, same as mentioned, BUT maybe 1 open youth small bikes, and an open big bike (any big/small bike size, age, skill level). Lets Everyone have the option of a second class. What is the point of having an Extra Bike and an Open bike class, as well as 2 stroke and 125. There's a combined 20 person class there. Would I race this series? Probably not religously, if I am driving over 2 hours it best be to be going to Crow for a full day of riding for half the money. Planning on doing a lot of woods riding again next year anyway.

Who is racing for a title? I don't know, maybe people with over 450 points for the CRA overall. Can't get that way unless you race every week, multiples times weekly for classes besides 85 and C. I myself raced Amherst, just so I can replace my jacket I got on that honda with the bad luck number with my nice new KTM with new number. Point in case is there are also people racing for points (title if you will). I only imagine some of those people would rather go to a series with more opportunites to win to put on their resumes. UNLESS you can get this series to become a really big deal, which if Briarcliff is involved I hear it probably will be.

I agree, this seems like a different type of series, for the better. Just take everything into consideration.
Sorry I have trouble getting my ideas out in words. I try not to post a lot.

The top three:

Ohio Motocross Association - OMXA
Ohio Motocross Racing - OMXR
District X

Im not quite following the resistance to the name District X. Because it is a defiant, aggressive name, I might just pick it. That way it can ring true in its purpose.

Im not getting any other better ideas here. hint hint.

The top three:

Ohio Motocross Association - OMXA
Ohio Motocross Racing - OMXR
District X

Im not quite following the resistance to the name District X. Because it is a defiant, aggressive name, I might just pick it. That way it can ring true in its purpose.

Im not getting any other better ideas here. hint hint.

i like the district X its pretty sweet!!

image1xxl.jpg

440583-district_x_1_00_super.jpg

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
<!-- /tagline --><!-- subtitle -->
<!-- /subtitle --><!-- jumpto -->
<!-- /jumpto --><!-- bodycontent -->

District X (Mutant Town)
<center></center>
<small>District X, as depicted in New X-Men #127.</small>
Publication information
PublisherMarvel Comics
First appearanceNew X-Men #127
Created byGrant Morrison
John Paul Leon
In story information
TypeNeighborhood
Notable racesMutants
Notable locationsAlphabet City, Manhattan

<tbody>
</tbody>
District X, also known as Mutant Town or the Middle East Side, is a fictional location in Marvel Comics. It is a neighborhood in New York City, first seen during Grant Morrison's run on the series New X-Men in New X-Men #127, which was primarily populated by mutants. The ghetto was established in Alphabet City, Manhattan[SUP][/SUP]

Just throwing this out there about a name:
There’s been some good stuff already and maybe it should have it’s own thread.
If it were me I would try and distance myself from the old guard, because that’s the point right? To me the word District screams AMA and X = Coombs ….and the cartoon and the dude and the movie and, and, and.
Think mission statement….
Do ya want it to reference an area? An organization? A demographic of riders? An expectation or commitment?
Should it be words? Or say something?
Encompass all forms of riding? Or just racing?
Are you striving to be the best? Biggest? Most progressive or professional?

Bitchin Riders of Ohio BRO...ok!
Pinnacle Racingof Ohio - PRO
Pinnacle Racing Org. - same diff
Peak Racing Org …see the pattern here?
Progressive Racing Ohio … oh, now I’m stuck.
Dynamic Ohio Racing DOG
Ohio District racing ODR? …maybe not
Ohio General Racing Enterprise OGRE
Zenith Ohio Racing ZOR
Zenith Ohio racing Org. ZORO

……..Pffft I don’t know…
Where are all the kids with the catchy sayings ?

The purpose of this organization is to provide the very best racing events in the midwest region of our country. That is the mission. On one hand your right Sharc, District does make people think AMA, but does that not add legitamacy to it (from an outsiders perspective)? The X is the in your face part. We are not going to conform to AMA's district guidelines. At this point we haven't done anything so all you can do is google searches and let your imagination run wild. I think Crute is on the right path, think of the good that could come from that name. He already put We Race on there in lieu of We Ride, which I like. Good job Crute! Im still stuck on this name, mainly because there are many layers to its meaning and because it seems to be getting alot of feedback both negative and positive. And until I hear one that I know is without a doubt better, I think we stick with our gut.

Good Tee shirt Crute, I like it.

Back