What if you could start over new?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Ok in a perfect world I would run Friday practice ( pick your time ) sat. 3 lap practice followed by moto 1. Sun. 3 lap practice moto 2. Enough time for morning shakedown laps and adjust moto laps accordingly. Saturday night we party.

That utopia will exist at the 2013 Battle for Ohio at BC, except everyone will get two practice sessions. Since we will have more time.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Ok. So in my mind we have a spring mx series with a cooler name and theme than"spring series", a Saturday Night series (summer time), and the Battle for Ohio Triple Crown. I think thats plenty of moto, what about a fall GP Series?? Any thoughts? It seems like Mx races taper off in the fall anyway.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
A fall GP series would be great for riders. There is some tapering off of MOTO once the Labor day weekend passes, it starts getting dark noticeably quicker, and the kids are back in school full time. A GP series where you can come and race for a 2 hour window makes a lot of sense in that time of year to get a lot of riding packed into a short amount of time during the busy time of year for many people. Kids school sports are going on, school itself, and other items. Of course possibly running the mini's / vets near each other in hours would help promote dads / kids all coming down with kids riding first while dad watches, and then dads riding while kids relax from their ride....... and the family gets to hit the road to get back home for homework and decent bed time on school night.

That sounds like a great plan to me.

jstory

PR Addict
I like the GP series Idea. We have been doing some of them this year and they are alot of fun. It is a nice change of pace from MX without having to completely reconfigure your bike. They also give plenty of seatime without being at the track all day. Thats a good idea above about having the kids and vet classes somewhat close in the running order. I know for me the decision on whether I ride or not depends alot on the schedule for my son.

MalvernMX

Ok. So in my mind we have a spring mx series with a cooler name and theme than"spring series", a Saturday Night series (summer time), and the Battle for Ohio Triple Crown. I think thats plenty of moto, what about a fall GP Series?? Any thoughts? It seems like Mx races taper off in the fall anyway.

Be carefully now Jeremy. Sounds like the cat is trying to get out of the bag. lol, Jason

hershey

PR Elite

Getting better all the time!!!!!

I would steer clear of too many of those sat practice and first moto things with two more moto sunday. Too long of a weekend if you are doing it regularly and like it was hit on before too many peeps work saturday. Roosters on the other hand......

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I still like it. LOL, Your telling me you wouldnt want a shirt that had a big red X on it, and on the back it said "We Ride". I think the X has more life in it. That might be the first pic on the site, Sharc in our Tee.

nitrofish

PR Addict
Forgive me, with so many posts I forget how the practice/race thing is gonna work. Are you saying practice on Saturday and no practice (race only) on Sunday? The "x" thing does seem about wore out. Just google "x" and see. Project X, Malcolm X, Rupert X, X factor is enough for me to hate the letter X! How about District XXX, much more cooler googling on that one.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Forgive me, with so many posts I forget how the practice/race thing is gonna work. Are you saying practice on Saturday and no practice (race only) on Sunday? The "x" thing does seem about wore out. Just google "x" and see. Project X, Malcolm X, Rupert X, X factor is enough for me to hate the letter X! How about District XXX, much more cooler googling on that one.

In this "what if" scenario, Saturday open practice, Race Sunday will more than likely be for most races. I dont want to put together some anagram of letters to be like the OLD organizations. We ride , we aint got time for anagrams.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Hey, didn't I try and talk you into running a GP at BC and you looked at me crooked like I was asking you to stop allowing quads? :p

hershey

PR Elite
So in the sunday what if scenario I think the question was will there also be normal race day practice in the am before racing?

freeh

PR Founding Father
A GP using both big bike tracks along with some grass field and trail areas would be awesome!