OMA-District X

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
My point being no one complained because there was no dust....not because they like hard pack

If it was as dusty as most of the local races have been at one point or another Im sure there would have been complaints.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4fJIdMG-2WQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hershey

PR Elite
JO is Homer, Im Bart

[video=youtube;2md_VcM0FCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2md_VcM0FCc&feature=related[/video]

Here we go with youtube .....again

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
The original move along, nothing to see here:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5NNOrp_83RU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raptor149

PR Member
Quad only practices are a bad business decision. Lets assume, Malvern, who arguably gets the best quad race turnouts, could get the same number for practice, 50-60. Thats still a bad day. Why even attempt it? Especially when you could get 100-150 if you run them all. Most quad guys know nobody would show up, so why go? Same thing happens when an mx race is perceived that it will not be well attended, bike guys wont show as much. It actually would be the same as me trying a womens only practice, or a 50cc only practice. Then when I get 5-10, i would say well they wouldnt support it, so i dont need them. They wouldnt suppoort their own day! Not trying to argue, just trying make a point. Everybody wants to be where everyone else is going, its nature of the beast.

Sounds like raptor149, just wants to ride, we need more raptors.

That's all I'm saying. Just give us a place to ride. I can ride a track full of bike ruts (I did it for years at Spring Valley and other places) and still do it smoothly and quickly, which is the goal in my opinion. If a biker can't figure out a track that gets a little hard pack in areas, then you must not be a very good rider.

hershey

PR Elite
We all get along just fine at the Cliff.....But there is a huge difference between a little hard pack and what I remember in the mid 00's at most CRA tracks. One huge smooth polished roadway with a berm around the outside. Its one of the reasons I quit racing. And I used to win more than my fair share of races in the 30+ class on my lil ole 125. Just because you are a good rider doesnt mean you have to like the conditions.

If the tracks in OMA follow suit with Jeremy's track prep and proper corner layouts that allow a peaceful coexistence you will never hear me complain...not once.

John250

PR Founding Father
JO, no disrepect about what your trying to do here. I applaud you, I really do. In my last 30 years around motocross tracks, I have just seen all these extra classes added, many of which I am not sure are really needed. That is just my point. I dont think they were added for any true reason besides added revenue in registrations.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
JO, no disrepect about what your trying to do here. I applaud you, I really do. In my last 30 years around motocross tracks, I have just seen all these extra classes added, many of which I am not sure are really needed. That is just my point. I dont think they were added for any true reason besides added revenue in registrations.

I understand John. I agree with you, there are far too many classes, but now is not the time to do anything too radical. We are making some changes, we are down to 24 from a possible 30 or so. I fear that doing anything too radical will hurt our chances of success. I think we are better off making some changes, but not rocking the boat too much, because I think the majority of people will not support the condensed class list. Just like I am in the minority in the track changes i would like to make at the Cliff. Sometimes you got to do whats right for the whole group, and not what you want for yourself (thinking about myself in that statement).

And a thought on increased revenue streams. Why wouldnt we want to give the tracks that care, the tracks that put out the most effort, more money. Those are the places that tend to re-invest in their facility to ensure that everyone gets a better place to ride now, and in the future. I have often wondered why people bring up the more classes deal as tracks simply want to make more money. Well thats true. Big water trucks, dozers and John Deere tractors dont sprout out of the ground. I want to have about four of each. You cant have too many. Unfortunately those take cash.

Not picking on you John, just some thoughts on a dreary evening with no moto.

faithlove617

PR Addict
With this assessment...

Pee Wee Bike & Quad
Mini Bike & Quad
A, B, and C Bike & Quad
Senior 1 & 2 Bike and Quad
2-Stroke Bike

Thats 15 Classes - add in machine, age & skill levels of all the riders. you would likely have more classes.

300 rider turnout divided by 15 classes puts 20 riders on the line. 375 riders is 25 riders on the gate, 450 riders puts 30 riders on the gate.

faithlove617

PR Addict
they can lose classes for sure, 181 bikes and 21 quads for all that. With around 250 riders Malvern has about 21-24 motos in the running order.

faithlove617

PR Addict
Sounding more and more like the CRA class structure everyday

classes are classes, riders are riders...anyone of us could research 10 other organizations and declare a class structure; most of us wouldn't have to because we know motocross. No matter which way you slice it, the riders that any organization wants to pull in is going to be reflected in the classes they offer.

mx834

PR Member
Yes, classes are there for the riders, my comment was ment for the people that think 6 or 8 classes is all that is needed in todays modern era of mx.