OMA-District X

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I would be nice to see a couple new threads started to discuss class structure and rules for both bikes and quads.

If you have rule suggestions start throwing them out here. Rulebooks being written now. Most of the 2013 classes have been decided, but thats not to say we couldnt change something if we really really felt it was a good idea.

As far as rules I would hope the new rulebook would be similar to AMA. Quad class structure needs big change. We need a, b, and c classes as well as a true woodsman or d class. I think we will also need age classes, like +30 vet , maybe a junior class 16-29, and a class for the younger racers on 250-400cc machines, women's class and possibly an open class that would be open to all these racers.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
As far as rules I would hope the new rulebook would be similar to AMA. Quad class structure needs big change. We need a, b, and c classes as well as a true woodsman or d class. I think we will also need age classes, like +30 vet , maybe a junior class 16-29, and a class for the younger racers on 250-400cc machines, women's class and possibly an open class that would be open to all these racers.

I think the rules will mimic AMA, but in terms of classes, thats alot of classes. I think we keep it basic for the first year, and try to fill the gate. If attendance is good, then maybe add a class or two the following year, maybe. My thoughts are Quad B, Quad C, Schoolboy 13-15 (300 class), then 110's and under, and 70cc and under. And these would be the points paying classes, thats not to say that a promotor couldnt run a 30+ Quad or Womens Quad, i might do that for the Battle, but in terms of the points paying classes that all OMA tracks must run, i think we keep it trimmed up.

Woody

PR Addict
I think the rules will mimic AMA, but in terms of classes, thats alot of classes. I think we keep it basic for the first year, and try to fill the gate. If attendance is good, then maybe add a class or two the following year, maybe. My thoughts are Quad B, Quad C, Schoolboy 13-15 (300 class), then 110's and under, and 70cc and under. And these would be the points paying classes, thats not to say that a promotor couldnt run a 30+ Quad or Womens Quad, i might do that for the Battle, but in terms of the points paying classes that all OMA tracks must run, i think we keep it trimmed up.

The only thing that sucks with that setup is that you can only race one class. Even though I was the only person to race more than one quad class at the Battle I think if you look at the Malvern/CRA results alot of people do race multiple classes offered. But like you said, keep it simple to start and expand.

I assume you didn't meat to leave out an "A" class?

I'm hoping to race at least 2 maybe 3 classes. It's going to be hard for me to justify a 3 1/2 hour drive to Briarcliff to only race one class. I would like to go to everyone of these new OMA events and race 2 or 3 classes. I think it is very important for all racers to have the option to race a second or third class.

I think that the age classes are very important as a second class option for racers as well as an open class. Maybe run these classes only as a second or third class with a lower entry fee. Even more important is a D or woodsman class to help introduce new riders to the sport.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I'm hoping to race at least 2 maybe 3 classes. It's going to be hard for me to justify a 3 1/2 hour drive to Briarcliff to only race one class. I would like to go to everyone of these new OMA events and race 2 or 3 classes. I think it is very important for all racers to have the option to race a second or third class.

I could see maybe trying to get you to run a second class, but three??

I would drive 3.5 hours if someone would replicate what im doing, and yes I would do for just two motos.

I could see maybe trying to get you to run a second class, but three??

I would drive 3.5 hours if someone would replicate what im doing, and yes I would do for just two motos.

Yes 3 if I like the track I'm racing. 2 would be enough if that's all that is available. And at this point I would drive 3 1/2 hours just to find out what you are doing.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Yes 3 if I like the track I'm racing. 2 would be enough if that's all that is available. And at this point I would drive 3 1/2 hours just to find out what you are doing.

You havent been to BC? Come on down this weekend. We can turn a moto or five.

nitrofish

PR Addict
70cc and under is ok, but I would exclude shifters (cvt type only) then instead of 110 and under call it open mini per cra type rules which would include shifters and up to 125 4 stroke.