Is anyone else sickk of the presidential campaign yet?

hershey

PR Elite
Lol....not likely but it is entirely possible. All that has to happen is OPEC stop using the US dollar as the currency to purchase oil with. And it has been discussed!!! Its one of the few things keeping the value of our currency up.

Thats what happened to England after WWII

sturd

PR Addict
hershey,

Yea, it is an interesting article. I dug for ones that had actual data for why Obamacare made
the increase in health care cost go up and couldn't find any that were believable. Costs have
been going up for a long time, nothing to do with that.

Medicare works very well for my in-laws (my parents passed long ago) so maybe the answer
is Medicare for all. If only the dorks in DC had a testicle. I'm not too fond of it myself as
it includes price fixing and then all I can think about is Richard Nixon.

hershey

PR Elite
hershey,

Yea, it is an interesting article. I dug for ones that had actual data for why Obamacare made
the increase in health care cost go up and couldn't find any that were believable. Costs have
been going up for a long time, nothing to do with that.

Believable? Big difference between believable and not having an open mind to what is going on. Like I said before, Im glad your costs went down but I have yet to find one other person with your fortune. The article states that there are some individuals that will benefit from lower rates just not many. If you dont already see how much spending Obama has increased in his 4 years and how much worse our debt is in that time period then you are not going to now. We will just have to agree to disagree! One of the great things about our country, choice!

NQ1965

PR Elite
Anyone recall what Obamas campaign promises were around the health care costs issues 4 years ago, and the promised results he was selling?

k01

PR Elite
Selling is right. Obama is our President but he actually functions as no more than a pitchman. He's usually either programmed or reading from a script but when he does get away from that, he falls into his same old Marxist/Alinskite claptrap.

There's nothing wrong with a bias toward efficient, common sense solutions to problems.

TimSr90

PR Addict
TimSr90, Your employer charges you to park and you believe a word they say?

I have no idea what you are talking about concerning parking, or who you think I work for, but yes, I believe them. When we enroll each year we see the actual cost, and what our portion is. I have seen the numbers. Do you believe a word Obama says?

And, yes, health INSURANCE has been rising for years. This because the cost of medical care has been rising for years, so they have to pay out more money for care. medical care costs have gone for a variety of reasons. Obamacare does nothing to address any of them, and simply demands insurance companies pay out for the increased costs, and now cover more people. Premiums must be raised, or they go out of business. Obama's Medicare "solution" and Obamacare "solution" is to simply pay doctors less. The obvioius result is that doctors must limit the number of medicare patients they see, or stop taking them altogether, or increase fees for other paying patients, or THEY go out of business.

This is all business 101. As I said, not rocket science. If you collect more than you pay out its profit. If you collect less than you pay out is a loss. There is no way you can order a business to pay more, and have the price go down for the consumer. Somebody must pay.

sturd

PR Addict
I have no idea what you are talking about concerning parking, or who you think I work for,
Sorry, screen names not in my brain yet. It was Georgie Porgie that has to pay to park.

Do you believe a word Obama says?[QUUOTE]

I don't believe any of them. Do you believe a word *either* of these
butt heads say?

Much of what you have to say I sorta agree with, Obamacare did nothing
to cut costs. Except for the 20% G&A cap for insurance companies.

But your Bus101 argument is specious as we pay those costs, no matter
what. I could tell you some horror stories if it didn't violate HIPAA law but
people that can't afford health care always show up at the emergency
room, sicker than if they could have seen a doctor in his office because
now it really hurts, and the hospital HAS TO TAKE THEM! You and I pay
for that.

You want to really cut costs - make sure every kid has regular checkups
starting when their mother gets pregnant. Help people not get pregnant
unless they want to. Make serious incentives for people who don't take
care of themselves - that are 400 pounds and smoking - so they don't end up
at the emergency room or on lifetime COPD treatment. Hell, give them a
motocrosser and lessons, far cheaper. Let people that are going to die,
die. I'm not talking ice floes but putting them on a ventilator for three
days until they're dead makes no sense.

Sure, you can ask for more tort reform, won't hurt anything. But Ohio
already has pretty decent one and it didn't do squat.

You really want to cut costs? Cut out the insurance companies completely.
Medicare. Most countries have already done it and their people are as
healthy as we are. Takes a layer of markup out.

sturd

PR Addict
And the NYTimes has no bias? Get real! As left as it gets, forever!
Check out the links to interest/advocasy groups for the center cited in the Times piece.
http://www.hschange.com/index.cgi?func=res#resourcetype2 And do they reference their bias. Well, of course not. Never had to, never will.

My turn to have no idea what you're talking about. The article quoted the Kaiser
Family Foundation which typically works with the Washington Post I think. Sure,
it was published in the Times but what was cited in that article that led you to
that list?

sturd

PR Addict
Believable? Big difference between believable and not having an open mind to what is going on.
On that, we agree.

If you dont already see how much spending Obama has increased in his 4 years and how much worse our debt is in
that time period then you are not going to now.

That's a different subject and based on your bias there, no use discussing, you don't have an
open mind about it anyway. Though, as I already said in this thread, we don't stop spending
like idiots, we're screwed.

We will just have to agree to disagree! One of the great things about our country, choice!

Agreed again.

k01

PR Elite
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by k01
And the NYTimes has no bias? Get real! As left as it gets, forever!
Check out the links to interest/advocasy groups for the center cited in the Times piece.
http://www.hschange.com/index.cgi?fu...#resourcetype2 And do they reference their bias. Well, of course not. Never had to, never will.

My turn to have no idea what you're talking about. The article quoted the Kaiser
Family Foundation which typically works with the Washington Post I think. Sure,
it was published in the Times but what was cited in that article that led you to
that list?

"Paul Ginsburg, the president of the Center for Studying Health System Change, a nonpartisan research group" This is from the Times piece. A very partisan research group would be a better description.

Kaiser doesn't have a vested interest in promoting Obamacare? The Washington Post isn't left leaning? Like I said, get real. Or better yet, get educated.

sturd

PR Addict
"Paul Ginsburg, the president of the Center for Studying Health System Change, a nonpartisan research group" This is from the Times piece. A very partisan research group would be a better description.

Kaiser doesn't have a vested interest in promoting Obamacare? The Washington Post isn't left leaning? Like I said, get real. Or better yet, get educated.

Yea, OK. When you no longer have any facts, ad hominem arguements are the way to go.

hershey

PR Elite
That's a different subject and based on your bias there, no use discussing, you don't have an
open mind about it anyway. Though, as I already said in this thread, we don't stop spending
like idiots, we're screwed.

Agreed again.

I am very open minded, but all you have to do is look at the national debt. Spending that is out of control!