Is anyone else sickk of the presidential campaign yet?

Yep, that's all true. Because Obamacare didn't control costs to any great extent.
Doesn't refute that the increase was less, as I said, only that it's still going up faster than
wages, as it has been since at least '99 (in that graph).

How anybody concludes that is *because* of Obamacare is a quandary.

Did I read earlier you provide something medical to someone in Canada? Makes perfect sense to defend obamacare.....

I make good money on it. Nothing to do with Obamacare. I make more on it here in the good ole'
USA and again, nothing to do with Obamacare.

By the way, Barry's entourage was following us on the way to Ray's today.
They closed off I-90 in Kirtland Hills about 10 cars behind us. Cops closing
off entrance ramps the rest of the way, secret service on the bridges. By
the time we got downtown Clevo, we were the only car on the road heading
west. Very strange but cool.

Actually you can get much better rates for medical procedures, especially scheduled ones, and they are negotiable if you are paying cash. Somestimes as mcuh as half priace.

Worth a try. I know that if you have insurance
they have made that negotiation already and you (and they) will pay far less
than joe-no-insurance.

You can also pick up the phone and shop hospitals like you would car dealers. Thats one of the great things about an HSA (Health Savings Account). It is the same as paying cash with a debit card.

Ha!!! Go ahead and give that a try. Since you don't even know before hand
what they are going to do, fully, that will never happen. You might get a quote
from a family practitioner for a checkup but beyond that, good luck. It's
a large part of why fee-for-service payment is broken. You will never figure
out what something costs until you get the bill.

than joe-no-insurance.

Ha!!! Go ahead and give that a try. Since you don't even know before hand
what they are going to do, fully, that will never happen. You might get a quote
from a family practitioner for a checkup but beyond that, good luck. It's
a large part of why fee-for-service payment is broken. You will never figure
out what something costs until you get the bill.

A lot of doctors don't want to deal with insurance anymore. You can negotiate with the ones that hate insurance. More and more of those are popping up everyday.

I see a dermatologist who would rather see and treat me for $50 cash day of instead of going through insurance. When I have used insurance he would bill for 3-4 times the amount of that $50 I paid and the insurance company would still hack out adjustments and end up paying him less.

Yep, that's all true. Because Obamacare didn't control costs to any great extent.
Doesn't refute that the increase was less, as I said, only that it's still going up faster than
wages, as it has been since at least '99 (in that graph).

How anybody concludes that is *because* of Obamacare is a quandary.

Your quandary is perplexing....

than joe-no-insurance.

Im not sure what business you are in, but are you telling me there is no difference in your cost to sending an invoice through accounts receivable to a third party, having them pay most of it in 30-60 days, then sending another invoice to the party receiving the service for the remainder of the bill and waiting for them to pay in between 30 days and never, as opposed to just having somebody pay in full at the time of service?
Sorry, but if you think insurance trumps cash as a price negotiating tool, you need to have a long talk with your book keeper.

Im not sure what business you are in, but are you telling me there is no difference in your cost to sending an invoice through accounts receivable to a third party, having them pay most of it in 30-60 days, then sending another invoice to the party receiving the service for the remainder of the bill and waiting for them to pay in between 30 days and never, as opposed to just having somebody pay in full at the time of service?
Sorry, but if you think insurance trumps cash as a price negotiating tool, you need to have a long talk with your book keeper.

You are arguing for the Canadian model, where the invoices don't do that whole back and forth.

What I was saying, that I think you were responding to but misunderstood, is that the insurance
company negotiated a rate much better than you will by paying cash, in general. Just as the
government, in Canada, negotiated a rate even better than an insurance company. As you detail,
they even cut a whole layer of cost out (nothing to do with the negotiated pricing) which
Obamacare did not do.

Only hours to go and no more campaign ads !!!! YES!

I guess listening to web based music and no TeeVee has kept me from being
too upset about that. My phone has rung off the hook but if it's a real
person, I have a fun time with them. The wacko family protection (sanctity
of marriage - Steve LaTourette and Newt Gingrich co-chairs of the committee!)
ones are the best.

Well its finally over.....What a close race! Lets hope all those elected do what is in the best interest of the country.

Well its finally over.....What a close race! Lets hope all those elected do what is in the best interest of the country.

On the foreign affairs front, Obama's appointment of Hillary as Secretary of State was never in the best interest of our country. Was always a political move to keep her cooperative and at-bay.

But, we'll get through all of this.

We can always hope........

The immediate concern for everyone should be Israel who sees Iran having nukes as the end of their existance, and they were simply waiting for our elections to see if they would be acting alone or with an ally.

At least when Obama says he inherited a mess for his 2nd term, and blames it all on his predecessor, I can agree.

Tell us how you REAAALLLY feel Hershey.

How hershey really feels:

"Raaannt rant rant rant rant. My business, rant rant arananaraaaannt, my employees rantnnntt, I can't do this because the government raaant raaant dirty rotten no good for nothing rannnr rannannt t health insurance rrrrrant NOBAMA!" :cool:

Buy guns. I'm sure those are gonna be taken in the next 4 years.

I was watching BBC World News last night, and amazingly they done a segment on how Ohio effected the election results. Our beloved state certainly has garnered enough attention this political season. They even interviewed an Akron area woman with the last name of Freeh, made me wonder if related to our Brian?

Listening to the radio news on way home from work, saying primarily was strong union counties-districts that carried the Democratic vote. This may be a stretch, but I think John Kasich actually cost Romney to lose Ohio. It is a fact that unionized employees in Ohio still had the Senate Bill 5 battle fresh in their minds and it created solidarity that carried through to the presidential election.

And please, not aiming to turn this into a Union/open shop discussion. Just merely an observation.

Now, if we could just get that recreational marijauna vote here, we'll have it made right? (Just kidding) :)

Damn I missed out on that opportunity didnt I !!!

I dont think Mom would have gone for it though

On a side note, I am as far from racist as it gets but I saw some statistics that might play into Sturds test about how smart a voter you are....

93% of African Americans that cast a ballot for President voted for Obama. Do you really think all of them knew the issues at hand and how the President stood on them? I think ( and I might be wrong ) that 72% of Latino's that voted also went for Obama. Same delio IMO. BTW...60% of voters were white so they are the ones that voted him in also.

Start the hate mail again, but those who want the handouts vote for the one who is doing the handing. Kaiser should love that one! One hell of a lazy nation we are breeding. No need to work for what you want, the Gov will take from those who do and give it to those who dont.

And the same can be said for the white people who voted for Mitt. You think they knew the issues, or just voted because they hate obama.
On a side note, I am as racist as it gets, and I voted for Barry.

The difference being 93% of white voters didn't vote for mitt......

Good for you on your racism. Hope it works out for you!

Back