District 11

John250

PR Founding Father
We've had that debate about a million times. No fair races should not count as points. Just look at the 40+ points, pretty much dominated by a few guys hitting all the fair races. The top ones not hitting the fair races are 5 to 15.

Tom

PR Elite
I didn't think the c-bus indoor race was a distrist event?

I think D11 could function with just AMS alone, but I don't think COCR and Dirt country would survive long on thier own. I know Fast Traxx has done it, but this would hurt some others in my opinion.

AMS does require a D11 card, but have been kinda forgetful in checking for it recently. I presented mine a couple times this year and the girl was like, " Oh yeh, thanks." Like she forgot about it, or didn't care.

I found this on their website for the 2012 indoor race. quote. All participants must have a valid AMA or ATVA membership card with them. If rider does not have a membership it can be purchased at the event during registration. Does not say any thing about distrcit card

kevin849

PR Member
I went to the meeting and there were no MX clubs there, everyone has decided to go without the district. Only time will tell how this will work out. There were only 4 harescramble clubs there, it looks like a 7 race series for them. I have been doing this since 1979 and have mixed fillings about this. I have always been a district member but never an officer. I do not see how they will survive with only a hand full of clubs.

John250

PR Founding Father
I agree. I have mixed feelings about it. I believe in the long run, we are all better off with a district as a whole. But from what I have heard from some of the tracks, there are many internal issues at the district, and that is what really tipped the scale to not participate in the district. Would not surprise me to see the SW Ohio Series tracks try and form some motocross alliance of some sort.

Tom

PR Elite
Lake Bailee
‎2013 Motocross Race Dates: April 6th & 20th, May 4th & 18th, June 8th & 22nd, July 13th & 27th, Aug. 3rd & 24th and Sept 7th. Awards Banquet is Oct. 5th @ 6PM $10 admission ( Free Ride Day for all Racers) All 2013 events are AMA/ATVA sanctioned events. You will be able to preregister on line. Sign up will start @ noon Practice will be @ 5 races start @ 6PM.

MXracn746

PR Addict
I agree. I have mixed feelings about it. I believe in the long run, we are all better off with a district as a whole. But from what I have heard from some of the tracks, there are many internal issues at the district, and that is what really tipped the scale to not participate in the district. Would not surprise me to see the SW Ohio Series tracks try and form some motocross alliance of some sort.

That's what I was thinking. It seems like they were already heading in that direction a few years ago, mabey preparing for this. American Motosports can probably survive on it's own with the fair races, but COCR needs to get with somebody like OMA or Fast Traxx in order to survive, JMHO.

MXracn746

PR Addict
You know it's not the end of the world. The AMA in general, and District 37 (southern California) is pretty much non-exsistant. And that's the "hotbed" for american MX. I was a D5 member for 10 years in the 80's, then moved out to Long Beach and there wasn't any AMA. It was CMC(I still have my license), CRC, OTHG, and a few others, but no AMA at all which I thought was strange.

baxterj787

PR Addict
Per a phone conversation with a DMC contact Thursday night, DMC, TCMC, Lake Bailee and (I think) AMS are going to form some sort of Buckeye Series on their own. All of the above groups are no longer in D-11. I was told that these events will still operate under AMA sanction, just no D-11.

NQ1965

PR Elite
So I wonder if the District 11 office will send out a mailer to current members explaining updates. I don't want to send in membership fees (which are due this month for 2013) if we've lost most MX tracks?

John250

PR Founding Father
All the D11 tracks. The district was doing nothing for them, so might as well breal from them.

Southern Ohio MX 2013 Race Schedule
Tracks : AMS, COCR, Dirt Country, DMC & TCMC

Southern Ohio MX 2013 Race Schedule.jpg

Attachments

• Southern Ohio MX 2013 Race Schedule.jpg
    Southern Ohio MX 2013 Race Schedule.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 171