Columbus indoors dec 1st.

Vetrider, I swear every post I get on, that deals with tracks and what not, you're ALWAYS complaining about jumps. Sorry man, its part if the sport, you don't have to jump them... It's an indoor track, its going to be tight, fast, and moderately technical for most riders, the sport will never be what it was in your prime, just get use to it and quit complaining so much.

The dirt is being shipped in from Venezuela, on the backs of donkeys. It is a rich, brown variety of Central American loam, aged for fourteen years, baked at 350 degrees and

served in a cocktail-shrimp goblet. Goggles should be worn, but nothing should cover the mouth, for this roost is to be tasted, it's scrumptious, they say....[/QUOT
Well said Rupe. Best post ever.

Find me Jeremy if you have youth sizes. I am close to the beer. :) dirt is perfect, decent layout. Big catapult of course. Should be a good evening program. Big amateur turnout. Gonna be a lot of crashes tonight , unfortunately. :(

Well, I'm glad I was wrong about the crashing part. I was worried watching the practices during the day. Everybody seemed to calm down and made for a fairly noneventful evening. Rife took first in both pro classes with Gibson in tow on both. Willy rounded out top three in 250 can't remember who got 3rd in open. Great racing, great dirt, good times!

Well, I'm glad I was wrong about the crashing part. I was worried watching the practices during the day. Everybody seemed to calm down and made for a fairly noneventful evening. Rife took first in both pro classes with Gibson in tow on both. Willy rounded out top three in 250 can't remember who got 3rd in open. Great racing, great dirt, good times!

I believe it was Skaggs who took third in open, after giving a guy a tread tattoo up his back! The A class racing was excellent, especially the 250A.

I believe it was Skaggs who took third in open, after giving a guy a tread tattoo up his back! The A class racing was excellent, especially the 250A.

Poor move on Skaggs part. No race is worth the safety of another racer. Berger handled it better than most. Skaggs would have been taken out Tyler Evans style!

Just want to clear the record a bit here

Ist off I think AMX runs a really smooth program in the 5 or 6 races I have ran

Jumps are part of the sport I enjoy jumping challenging stuff myself, if I didnt want to work at them, I would not have raced 2 classes last weekend indoors which I did. If anyone sees me out at Briarcliff that knows me knows I have been trying to get better at this modern version of the sport pretty much all year My point is this, totally blind jumps that put yourself 15-20 ft in the air where you cant see who is actully in the jump in the middle or past the jump are a bit over the top for a RACETRACK, Thats fine for the x games stuff if you like that but what happens if you have a catastrophic engine failure or another type mechanical?? for instance a banner wrapped up in a wheel in the air like that or a midair with another rider?? Sooner or later that will happen I watched most of the races when I wasnt out there, the back side of the track and the woops were plenty technical, and fun with plenty of passing I lost a couple of spots back there in the back section myself I personally think there should be launch degree limit and a height limit to this or someone is really goonna get hurt. On any track you should be able to ride off of a jump, not lock the brakes up and slide down it if you dont bomb the jump If you had to bail at the top height of that jump you would be jumping off the top of a ranch style house at least

I am sorry you dont agree with me just how I see it. Also there is very little passing over them Maybe im a bit older than alot of riders now but I think sometimes too much is just that I think this sport will need tamed down some track wise in order to grow the sport is really in a downturn and ANYTHING that can be changed to help it grow I am all for it

Also for any "C" rider that jumps that stuff, go to B class your ready!!!

Just my .02 cents

Jumps are part of the sport I enjoy jumping challenging stuff myself, if I didnt want to work at them, I would not have raced 2 classes last weekend indoors which I did. If anyone sees me out at Briarcliff that knows me knows I have been trying to get better at this modern version of the sport pretty much all year My point is this, totally blind jumps that put yourself 15-20 ft in the air where you cant see who is actully in the jump in the middle or past the jump are a bit over the top for a RACETRACK, Thats fine for the x games stuff if you like that but what happens if you have a catastrophic engine failure or another type mechanical?? for instance a banner wrapped up in a wheel in the air like that or a midair with another rider?? Sooner or later that will happen I watched most of the races when I wasnt out there, the back side of the track and the woops were plenty technical, and fun with plenty of passing I lost a couple of spots back there in the back section myself I personally think there should be launch degree limit and a height limit to this or someone is really goonna get hurt. On any track you should be able to ride off of a jump, not lock the brakes up and slide down it if you dont bomb the jump If you had to bail at the top height of that jump you would be jumping off the top of a ranch style house at least

I am sorry you dont agree with me just how I see it. Also there is very little passing over them Maybe im a bit older than alot of riders now but I think sometimes too much is just that I think this sport will need tamed down some track wise in order to grow the sport is really in a downturn and ANYTHING that can be changed to help it grow I am all for it

Just my .02 cents

Maybe indoors is not for you.

anybody recognize these 2 guys ?

ColumbArenacrossDEC2012_008_337034.JPG

Just my .02 cents

Try racing at HotRod's. You'd like it better there.

To vetrider, please dont take this the wrong way but those were really tiny jumps last weekend. There were kids in all classes jumping the catapult easily. If a rider is worried about their bike locking up on a small jump like that probably should evaluate riding all together. I see people riding like that all the time at practice tracks, just riding all tight and going 2 mph waiting for death to happen. That endangers other riders even more.

Just saw the open A and 250A videos on the other thread. That track design was almost the same as last year, and the year before. He builds his jumps all the same. So if you can do it once, you can do it on any track he builds. He does tend to put a slightly steeper takeoff ramp on the jumps than the guy who used to own AMS about 10~15 years ago ( I can't remember his name) but he, at least, consistant with his jump building. I would've been there if my van motor was done, but I can't make it out of the driveway right now. I'm bettin only the top 5~6 in the 40+ class did the catapult anyhow. I know Matt did it, he's gonna rip in the class next year. By the way, I need to know what number he's running so I can know if I can run mine or not. I see he changed it, but he may have been on a borrowed bike. If Richie or some one reads this mabey you could ask him?

Back