Columbus indoors dec 1st.

Your kidding me?? Only one of the 14 did it? Thats hard to believe.

he is right, the 5 hit it the only one of the 15 of us in 40 plus that did, I ran 8th in that one, no one around me was doing it Maybe do up a layout like that that has a tunnell that runs trough a table, that would be cool looking and would get some nice air and you could change the track layout some to boot

I know this site is built on vet riders and I do not mean to dissrespect any one but alot of tracks are not built for just the vet riders so for vets to complain about a track being to tough should stop and look at what they are saying. Tracks are build for speed and high flying now a days and most of your riders will run tracks how they are built and that gives the fans what they want to see, how would this sport be if all tracks where built for the vet guys? Again I mean no disrespect because I cant do anything on a track but if this sport dosent keep growing and the younger riders dont keep pushing the limits then this sport will die. All you vet guys had your time in the light now let the younger generation take this sport to new places.

as a 30plus rider and a dozer operator for 16 years ive riden alot of tracks and built alot of tracks it simply comes down to u cant build a track that suits everyones needs sometimes the little bikes cant make the big jumps and sometimes the older guys cant make the big ones its all part of the sport u just have to deal with it . i would like to see some of these people that complain about the track try to build one thierselfs it would b interesting to see what they come up with.

as a 30plus rider and a dozer operator for 16 years ive riden alot of tracks and built alot of tracks it simply comes down to u cant build a track that suits everyones needs sometimes the little bikes cant make the big jumps and sometimes the older guys cant make the big ones its all part of the sport u just have to deal with it . i would like to see some of these people that complain about the track try to build one thierselfs it would b interesting to see what they come up with.

Truth! Tough role, everyone should just ride.

I know this site is built on vet riders and I do not mean to dissrespect any one but alot of tracks are not built for just the vet riders so for vets to complain about a track being to tough should stop and look at what they are saying. Tracks are build for speed and high flying now a days and most of your riders will run tracks how they are built and that gives the fans what they want to see, how would this sport be if all tracks where built for the vet guys? Again I mean no disrespect because I cant do anything on a track but if this sport dosent keep growing and the younger riders dont keep pushing the limits then this sport will die. All you vet guys had your time in the light now let the younger generation take this sport to new places.

Everything will die eventually....the tracks, the sport, the bikes, everything is not meant to last forever....

I'm a vet at 50 years old. I know woulda, coulda, and shoulda's don't count for s**t, but I've raced enough fair races with this same builder that you try it at least once in practice, and if it's cool then it's on for the race. He does make it challenging downtown, as there is generally more room in Hillard for the fair, but it's similar to Springfield as it's a small layout. There seems to be longer layouts and shorter ones, and the shorter ones are a bit more challenging as there is less drive the the catapult.

alot of it on the indoor tracks comes down to cost , u cant spend 5 more hours to build a table in the middle for a small tight track like that just so 2 or 3 classes can clear it, not to mention that some of the fans that show up like to b able to c the whole track, it take a hell of alot longer to haul that much more dirt in

Everything will die eventually....the tracks, the sport, the bikes, everything is not meant to last forever....

if it wasnt for your facility, I probably would not be riding now Its just sad that fair races are all thats really left locally to race for the most part, it wasnt like that in the 1980's or early 90's

you are right nothing last forever

thanks for all your hard work, and I enjoy both of your tracks even though I am still learning things on the big track

Watching the video I did not think the Catapult looked bad at all on that track.......#23, if it were not for a lot of us VET riders than a lot of tracks would be drying up. Most of the races I attended over the summer, 30+ and 40+ were some of the largest classes. The scary thing is the 50 and 65 classes the rider count is going down. That is not a good sign for the sport in coming years.

Watching the video I did not think the Catapult looked bad at all on that track.......#23, if it were not for a lot of us VET riders than a lot of tracks would be drying up. Most of the races I attended over the summer, 30+ and 40+ were some of the largest classes. The scary thing is the 50 and 65 classes the rider count is going down. That is not a good sign for the sport in coming years.

Local I agree with you but nationaly even tho # are low the mini classes are still packed. Lets look at MI vs OH motocross tracks in MI build everything around the younger riders with track events and track layouts MI has a huge suport for their young riders, now look at Ohio almost all tracks and events are set up for older riders and it shows in class turnouts. Look at Baja see how they run and see the #'s they put up its because they put on a event for all to enjoy not just the vets, there is not 1 track in ohio that can do what Baja is doing with them #'s I would say the closest track that suports the younger riders in Ohio is TV Land. Again no disrespect to vet riders.

Many just practice tracks have a youth/peewee track separate from the big bike track. When a kid is 4 years old and on a pw50, I don't see the need for him to be racing on a big bike track. To me, that's just a waste of money for the parents. Besides a few videos I've seen, I don't think I've ever seen a competitive pw50 race.

Back