Action Sports site on dates for 2013 AMA Vintage National Championship Series round

Nice thing is the dates don't conflict with LL Qualifier races. I will plan on being there, should be fun! I'm also going to try and get the 83 RM125 back from the cobwebs for Kari to race.

Nice thing is the dates don't conflict with LL Qualifier races. I will plan on being there, should be fun! I'm also going to try and get the 83 RM125 back from the cobwebs for Kari to race.

Great! Kari should enjoy it, especially with her previous experience there. But keeping that RM on the pipe on those up-hills may be challenging for her.

What is the age requirement for the AMA? I am building a 74 Yamaha YZ125 and a 77 Suzuki RM125 for my son. He is 12 now and I should have both bikes ready for 2014, which would make him 14.

What is the age requirement for the AMA? I am building a 74 Yamaha YZ125 and a 77 Suzuki RM125 for my son. He is 12 now and I should have both bikes ready for 2014, which would make him 14.

Good choices. I kinda miss my 74 YZ125 I started AHRMA racing back in '99...doing the right things can make it hang and or beat the Elsinores.

Good choices. I kinda miss my 74 YZ125 I started AHRMA racing back in '99...doing the right things can make it hang and or beat the Elsinores.

Pffft.....Although it was a nice looking bike....I don't recall it beating my Elsinore often....lol

But, there was that one time at Mid-Ohio..........you and that YZ KO'd me........

Pffft.....Although it was a nice looking bike....I don't recall it beating my Elsinore often....lol

But, there was that one time at Mid-Ohio..........you and that YZ KO'd me........

The year I ran all the AHRMA races to try and win +50, the guy that was "the competition" ran
a maxed out MX125B. He beat me a few times and if I wasn't there, he beat everybody else.
On their CZs and Huskys and Elsinores and whatever.

It's all in the right wrist, especially as we age.

http://vintagemx.com.au/1974-yamaha-125-vs-yamaha-125

We had a new 125MX with a 175 top end back in '74. That's it in my avatar.

Cool article, thanks for posting it.

I have a Noguchi top end kit that I am thinking about using. I also have a Noguchi 175 top end kit. KO1, do you know if a 76 YZ 125C cylinder will fit on the 74? Jemco pipe for sure. For the suspension, I have some forks that came off of a 76 YZ 125C and in the back I'm going to use a set of Ohlins. It should be a fun project.

The 77 Suzuki RM 125 is going to be awesome too. The low end and top end were rebuilt using all NOS parts. I'm going to use a Jemco pipe. For the suspension I'm using Simons forks and Ohlins piggy back shocks. For the swingarm I have a Thor arm and a 78 RM125 aluminum swingarm. Not sure which one to use. It sure is going to be a lot of fun building these bikes.

Cool article, thanks for posting it.

I have a Noguchi top end kit that I am thinking about using. I also have a Noguchi 175 top end kit. KO1, do you know if a 76 YZ 125C cylinder will fit on the 74? Jemco pipe for sure. For the suspension, I have some forks that came off of a 76 YZ 125C and in the back I'm going to use a set of Ohlins. It should be a fun project.

I don't know about that '76 cylinder swap. '76 was a couple of years away when we had our 125/175. lol! Wow, sounds like you have enough and excellent top end options.

It's so cool that you are building these bikes for your son. Just putting decent shocks on a '74 makes a huge difference in the way the entire bike works and you are using the best.

That 76 YZ 125C was one of the slickest looking bikes ever. Do you have enough parts to make one?

I don't know about that '76 cylinder swap. '76 was a couple of years away when we had our 125/175. lol! Wow, sounds like you have enough and excellent top end options.

It's so cool that you are building these bikes for your son. Just putting decent shocks on a '74 makes a huge difference in the way the entire bike works and you are using the best.

That 76 YZ 125C was one of the slickest looking bikes ever. Do you have enough parts to make one?

I gotz a YZ125X sitting in the garage just collecting dust-swing by and takes it home with ya

1977 YZ 125 Fresh rebuild and ready to go. Jack was railing on it when it blew up last year. We had a leak in the airboot and it sucked some dust in.
This year should be fun. It can run both days Sat and Sun at AMA VMD . Post Vintage 2010VMD5.jpg77125.jpgand vintage.

Back