Action Sports site on dates for 2013 AMA Vintage National Championship Series round

I had a K&n filter in it. The air just sucked around it as it would not ceet ??? on the air box. I swiched to the stock foam air filter and it works much better, greased the lip on it and it is tight to the airbox. It also came with a cage for support. That K&N was on the bike when I got it and came with a few extras. It never seemed to get dirty. I would blow it out and clean it thinking hu...its not dirty at all. All the dirt was going right around it!

AMA not saying much about series !

Pffft.....Although it was a nice looking bike....I don't recall it beating my Elsinore often....lol

But, there was that one time at Mid-Ohio..........you and that YZ KO'd me........

Wonder what is actually going on with the AMA and there vintage series. They haven't really come out and promoted the events. Hope it's not a disappointment like other AMA deals. In their announcement for the awards banquet in January they didn't even mention the vintage guys being there for awards.

Wonder what is actually going on with the AMA and there vintage series. They haven't really come out and promoted the events. Hope it's not a disappointment like other AMA deals. In their announcement for the awards banquet in January they didn't even mention the vintage guys being there for awards.

Seems this series is coming together only after AHRMA had made some decisions. And we are hearing from promoters as events unfold. So far, so good as I see it...

Here's what I got: Expect a press release from the AMA shortly after the first. The series begins in May (Action Sports?) and ends at Mid-Ohio in July. All of the tracks are "within 4-5 hours of Log Road" I've been told. Series is both Hare Scramble and Motocross, vintage and post vintage. Still no info on the fourth track. I'm stoked, boys are stoked, should be lots of fun. What other vintage friendly track nearby runs Hare Scrambles and MX? Any guesses?

KRH

I am attending the AMA Championship Banquet on January 19th. I'll try to come out of there with info if we don't hear about it before then!

Anyone know anything about the track, Lincoln Trail Motorsports, in Casey, Illinois?

KRH

Anyone know anything about the track, Lincoln Trail Motorsports, in Casey, Illinois?

KRH

I raced there in 2006 when AHRMA had a national. Nice grass track, natural terrain for vintage,
modern track with jumps on the other side of the entrance road for P-V. I don't remember there
being much in the way of support (food/lodging) nearby but I was low budget camping
in the bike trailer and eating weenies and beans (and a healthy speed increasing salad!)
over a camp stove anyway.

Seven hours if I remember right.

My sun shower is there somewhere, bring it back with
you if you see it.

KRH

Yes I've raced AHRMA there and also a LL Area qualifier. They have a new track that I haven't ridden. Not sure if they hold the events on the new "Bomber" track (Mark Barnett built it) or the old one that I've raced.

Does AHRMA still race there? This may be the fourth track of the vintage series.

If it is I'll keep my eyes open for your shower, Mike. :) I'm going to have to break down and buy an enclosed trailer.

KRH.

Does AHRMA still race there? This may be the fourth track of the vintage series.

If you are thinking former AHRMA tracks, then Lincoln Trail just slips in that stated five hour travel window. It's interesting to speculate but I'm willing to wait and see.

Yes I've raced AHRMA there and also a LL Area qualifier. They have a new track that I haven't ridden. Not sure if they hold the events on the new "Bomber" track (Mark Barnett built it) or the old one that I've raced.

[video=vimeo;21152626]https://vimeo.com/21152626[/video]

Thanks for the double jumping expert's perspective. Way to go!

Casey

Thanks for the double jumping expert's perspective. Way to go!

Casey is out of the vintage business. The vintage track was taken completly out to put in a modern track. It was one of the best vintage tracks on the AHRMA schedule and very well attended. Go figure.

Casey is out of the vintage business. The vintage track was taken completly out to put in a modern track. It was one of the best vintage tracks on the AHRMA schedule and very well attended. Go figure.

That is true, they used to run the Saturday Vintage program in the area that is now the Bomber track. The track in my video was used for Post Vintage, but if you watch the vid I think you could easily run Vintage bikes there.

Casey was my favorite true vintage track of all . It had everything you could ask for to challenge a short travel bike . Sad to hear it is done , but then again so am I so I guess it doesn't really matter .

If you are thinking former AHRMA tracks, then Lincoln Trail just slips in that stated five hour travel window. It's interesting to speculate but I'm willing to wait and see.

Let me just say this, I didn't put Casey out of thin air :) But you're right, until it's officially announced it's just a rumor.

Back