Action Sports site on dates for 2013 AMA Vintage National Championship Series round

I've been informed my 84 YZ250 has arrived at TB901's place of business

Attachments

• IMG00307-20130104-0915.jpg
    IMG00307-20130104-0915.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 173
K01 Im still young at heart!! evomx244 had a maico shipped like that last summer,you got a couple of hours ahead of you.

Not to change the subject, but now that we have you on here mxkid I have helmet cam video clips from Action Sports AHRMA race last June. I've got you in two of the 3 motos I got recorded coming off the starts. Pretty aggressive on that Maico.

You never wasted any time getting to the front of the pack, and once we hit the woods turn, I never saw you again. Man what a blast of a time to remember!

If Beenridin (Mike also), sees this, I've got the part where you were banged from the side, but you hardly missed a beat. If I get time this weekend I'll see if I can get uploaded.

Pit I don't suppose you have any original Mid-Ohio pic's from when you were there?
Was that Mx kid that I collided with?
He was haulin! I felt that for sure but kept on truckin .
Great time at That day

Pit I don't suppose you have any original Mid-Ohio pic's from when you were there?

I do not, wish I did.

Also, I am currently lobbying some folks at the AMA regarding the Non-Current class. My proposal is to change "Non-Current A" and "Non-Current B/C" into straight skill classes of "Non-Current 125cc (or lightweight)" and "Non-Current 250-open (or heavyweight)."

I think it would be totally sweet to have a gate full of 80's to mid 90's 125's! I love racing my '91 and I know a bunch of you on here would love this too.

What do you guys think?

Also, I am currently lobbying some folks at the AMA regarding the Non-Current class. My proposal is to change "Non-Current A" and "Non-Current B/C" into straight skill classes of "Non-Current 125cc (or lightweight)" and "Non-Current 250-open (or heavyweight)."

I think it would be totally sweet to have a gate full of 80's to mid 90's 125's! I love racing my '91 and I know a bunch of you on here would love this too.

What do you guys think?

I have a couple of open bikes for that class but if I still had a sweet KX 125, I'd be all for it.

112960-KX%20125%20Athens%20mod.jpg

What a great bike that was! ;)

I do not, wish I did.

What do you guys think?

Hmmm...maybe I could ride my 1989 YZ125 Bradshaw replica bike in this. I haven't ridden or started that bike in years..

Was that Mx kid that I collided with?
He was haulin! I felt that for sure but kept on truckin .
Great time at That day

When I first began thinking back on this I was sure it was him, but thurs night I put in the video and it wasn't him. It was another rider. Had a hard time IDing His bike, had white fenders, red Honda like tank and a blue seat, race number 15 ?

I started uploading last night, but didn't finish, was taking forever. need to find a faster easier way.

I do not, wish I did.

What do you guys think?

Haven't raced non-current yet, but will soon. Your idea makes good sense particularly with these class's growing, which they should.

So to be clear, we are talking: ?

non-current 125cc ....A
non-current 125cc.....B/C
non-current 250-open.....A
non-current 250-open.....B/C

Nah, your starts were very clean and smooth, and held your line well like you've done it a few times.

Unlike me that is, ha ha :)

Funny story: At Mid-Ohio VMD last year (2012), I almost took out a rider next to me coming off the gate.

Puzzled for several hours wondering what the hell did I do wrong that caused me to get so messed up coming off the line? Finally remembered that prior to the start I had decided I was tired of my lousy starts, so I got more aggressive with the throttle. I wheel spun badly coming across the gate and it threw me sideways. Damn near wrecked. Lesson learned!

I have them listening on the thoughts regarding Non-Current classes.
Just to be clear, I was not proposing 4 classes, just 2 classes (Non-Current Lightweight 125cc & Non-Current Heavyweight 250/Open). Maybe 3 if they wanted to add in a Non-Current Mini for kids.

I saw that '96 RM125 as well but don't know who owns it. Looks pretty nice and I'm sure those forks would feel awesome on the vintage bike type tracks!

Evo - one of my longtime friends has a 1997 CR125 with less than 10 original hours on it. He bought it brand new from Honda of Troy in 1998 and it has basically just sat in his garage. Someday I will own it!

Sweet racing. I got into the loose stuff in the corners and lost traction. Same thing happened on lap 3 in the corner before the downhill section. Great racing

I have them listening on the thoughts regarding Non-Current classes.
Just to be clear, I was not proposing 4 classes, just 2 classes (Non-Current Lightweight 125cc & Non-Current Heavyweight 250/Open). Maybe 3 if they wanted to add in a Non-Current Mini for kids.

I saw that '96 RM125 as well but don't know who owns it. Looks pretty nice and I'm sure those forks would feel awesome on the vintage bike type tracks!

Evo - one of my longtime friends has a 1997 CR125 with less than 10 original hours on it. He bought it brand new from Honda of Troy in 1998 and it has basically just sat in his garage. Someday I will own it!
That 95 CR125 I had a few years ago had the best 125 motor I've ever ridden !

I had a '93 & '96 CR125 and they were pretty sweet bikes. The 96 had notchy shifting though. I went from those to a '98 YZ125 which was another awesome bike.

NQ Nice video! A little more seat time and you will be fine.When I started last year,the first race about killed me!hadnt raced in 23 years,made a little track here at home,rode 3-4 times a week and each race seemed a little easier and I felt better on the bike.Your more than welcome to come over anytime.

NQ Nice video! A little more seat time and you will be fine.When I started last year,the first race about killed me!hadnt raced in 23 years,made a little track here at home,rode 3-4 times a week and each race seemed a little easier and I felt better on the bike.Your more than welcome to come over anytime.

Thanks for the offer. I figured at some point we'd be hooking up and riding some being local to each other. I have access anytime to a practice track at a friend/co-workers house just outside of town. It's a good track for our modern and maybe EVO/PV bikes but the jumps may be a bit much for Vintage bikes (Double jumps).

2012 was just a crazy busy year. Only got to practice ride last year like 4 times all season. But I did race at 7 events so that helped.

Tonight I uploaded the 2nd 40+ moto video, back on the previous post. Check it out, you had nice start run on that one.

There's not much to see after the start and we exited the woods turn. We stayed in formation, me in 4th, and I spent all 5 laps just trying to catch you guys.

Back