Need sponsorships for Thomas Tyler #311 2013 Season

Meister, you're partially correct. If you place high enough in the B class, the next year the only place you have to race in the "A" class. Unfortunately, to get a "PRO" license, you need to go through the qualification process of collecting enough Pro/Am points at various specified Pro/Am events, or place in the top 20 overall at Loretta's in one of the 3 "A" classes there. The cheapest way to get your "Pro" license if you are fast and on a super tight budget, is to run the Area Qualifier, The Regional Qualifier, and Loretta Lynn's and finish top 20. That's only 3 races to get your Pro license if you are fast enough. Sadly, it's not that easy to be fast enough to just show up 3 times and finish high enough to be given your pro license for 99.9% of the people.

How did you do in B this year? Did you go to Lorettas? Good luck ! Get a good resume put together and mail or email as many companies as possible.

How did you do in B this year? Did you go to Lorettas? Good luck ! Get a good resume put together and mail or email as many companies as possible.

I got 3 or 4 overall and no i went to the mini o's and got tooken out in the b but i went in the fourstroke class and got a 19th 2nd and a 26th i got 34th overall

Alright. You may not want to hear this. I'd suggest attempting to learn a trade or continue your education. Watch inside the moto. It is hard. However, it's your life, go for what you think is obtainable.

In all honesty, skip the Lorettas route. All of the money you are going to spend trying to get there, plus actually getting there with entries, gas, vehicle passes, parking passes, you will spend a LOT of money. I mean even a top 3 in A class at Lorettas doesn't get you anywhere. The only way Lorettas can help is if youre an 85 rider. If you place well, thats when you will get help. A 20 year old racing at Lorettas isn't going to get any support. Race Pro-Ams. Thats the cheapest way to get your points, plus there are nice purses at Pro-Ams. I'd reconsider your approach, especially with your age and financial support. Loretta's will get you NOTHING.

You and a 100 other fast guys need help. Not being negative, but at 20, if your not getting the help now, your probably gonna get what the rest of us get. Discounts on parts and gear, and still spend a ton of your own money. If you keep working , you might get enough speed to supplement your own income enough to help pay for most of your racing. But Follow Georgies advise and get an education and career.

i know i understand everything u guys are saying but the bottum line is i need help!!! and im not giving up i can do this

When you ask for help are you looking for good deals on gear and stuff like that or are you looking for someone to kick in cash or what? You keep saying you can do this but yet keep asking for help. To be honest I know a kid that had 3 LL titles before he got anything worth having and even then it really wasnt worth having. We have been down this road already and my rider is only 16 right now we only have 1 true sponsor and that K100 Fuel Treatment and we have been with hin since the 50's.

Loretta's will get you NOTHING.

x2
At your age I agree. my 2¢

You have speed from what I've seen. Pros can go for 30 minutes on a crazy gnarly track without making more than 5 mistakes. No joke. Consistency is the next step for most people with good speed.

Ride as much as you can this winter. Someone who's going south should take this guy along with them!

Lorettas gets you nothing? Have to be a good 85 rider to get anything from Lorettas? Hmm guess that kid in the B classes who very few people had heard of who just signed a deal with TLD honda should have taken you guys advise too :).

Just out of curiosity how many of the members here giving the advice on "Lorettas give you nothing" have raced at the ranch?

Good luck with your dream, but i will say i agree that gettig an education is much more important.

hahaha. Shane actually has been riding at LL for years. Me and Thomas have done some riding together before. Don't let these dudes talk you down. You have a lifetime for education, and being in a corportation, you dont need a degree to make it to the top. Eventually, it will hold you down yes. But you wont need one to put food on the table. Keep cranking, and training your ass off. Plenty of Pro's have not made LL and still make the gate every weekend. Being 20, I wouldnt worry about LL now. I suggest focusing on Pro-Am's and gaining experience and see how many points you can accumulate in 2013.

Best thing about shooting for the moon is, at least if you miss you'll land on a star. lol :)

http://llvault.racerxonline.com/rider/shane-mcelrath/races

Didnt say Shane had never been to LL, was pointing to the FACT that his results at LL this year is what got him the ride that he has now. This is according to the "experts" (if there are any) on the web as i don't know the kid at all. But i am a fan simply because he did come from "kinda" no where to run with and beat the top B riders.

I do agree with you in the fact that Thomas should give it 100% and shoot for the stars. IF you are going to stay in the B class LL is the place to get your name out, in my mind. IF you are bumping up to the A class then focusing on the Pro-Ams and even riding some of the Nationals in Canada could be the best way to pursue the dream.

BUT don't let anyone tell you its a waste of time or money because there is NOTHING that compares to riding in front of 10's of thousands of people and the self accomplishment you get from it!!

Good luck and i for one will be keeping an eye in the results for you.

thank u guys these means a lot to me im going to train my ass off and i will be up front.

If you need any actions shots for your resume let me know and I'll hook you up. Just search 311 on my website and let me know which files you like. I'm not saying LL is a complete waste of time, but in your 20s its a different story. I never made it to LL because I liked to move up classes as I thought fit, not in relation to LL. You saying you want to go for B class tells me that there is still a big difference in local classes and what people enter at LL. Everyone has a different outlook on this stuff. None of us on here are right, and are just mostly speaking from our own personal point of view, so make your own way man. All seat time is good... and at the very least have fun, enjoy it, and be grateful for every lap you get...

If you need any actions shots for your resume let me know and I'll hook you up. Just search 311 on my website and let me know which files you like. I'm not saying LL is a complete waste of time, but in your 20s its a different story. I never made it to LL because I liked to move up classes as I thought fit, not in relation to LL. You saying you want to go for B class tells me that there is still a big difference in local classes and what people enter at LL. Everyone has a different outlook on this stuff. None of us on here are right, and are just mostly speaking from our own personal point of view, so make your own way man. All seat time is good... and at the very least have fun, enjoy it, and be grateful for every lap you get...

well said

thank u guys these means a lot to me im going to train my ass off and i will be up front.

im going to the A class and getting my pro license 2013 its going to be hard when i got a stock bike stock everything and on a very low pudget with no help exsecpt for my parents and eric from SRS and if no one wants to help me thats fine ill find a way i always do

I don't mean to be rude, but you need to show why you deserve help instead of begging for it. As a 20 year old in B class, wanting to get your pro license, what do you have that tons of other kids don't? Start with some organization and professionalism... write down your thoughts, and schedule. Proof read. Change it. Come up with a good schedule of events that you want to do next year, along with previous results. Throw in a detailed objective. Specify how you will promote your sponsors, and get their name out there. Contact someone to help you make a good resume - if you are giving your resume to an outside industry company (construction companies, tattoo shops, car shops, any local businesses), which is the best bet for cash donations, add a page showing your bike and transportation that shows the area where your sponsors graphics and name can go to advertise... outside industry sponsors sometimes dont have clue whats going on (use a picture from decal works of a bike that says "your name here...etc)... You seem like you have the desire to do something with it, but you have to realize how slim the chances are. If you really want to take a shot at it, and need help, then you need to put yourself in the position where people WANT to help you. Also, for local businesses, go in person! Do not just send a resume through email, or mail... Either walk in, or call first to schedule an appointment. Let these companies know that you will tag them in photo's, results, and season updates on facebook (if your facebook is appropriate, which it should be with a goal like this) for additional exposure. Think outside the box.

If you want to do it, then put yourself in the position where you can do it... but youre going to need to work just as hard off the track as you do on it and in the gym.

Back