Need sponsorships for Thomas Tyler #311 2013 Season

Lorettas gets you nothing? Have to be a good 85 rider to get anything from Lorettas? Hmm guess that kid in the B classes who very few people had heard of who just signed a deal with TLD honda should have taken you guys advise too :).

Just out of curiosity how many of the members here giving the advice on "Lorettas give you nothing" have raced at the ranch?

Good luck with your dream, but i will say i agree that gettig an education is much more important.

Troy Lee has been watching Shane before Lorettas. They approached him at the ranch about sponsorship. But I've raced at the Ranch 4 times. I can't say that I haven't gotten anything from Lorettas because of my results, I shouldn't have been given anything. I never broke the top ten.

But in all honesty, don't do the Loretta's route. Since you're complaining about money, your best plan would be to do pro-ams. They don't cost any more to race than a local race, and they usually offer a nice purse. IN MY OPINION, why race B class another year? If you race locally and win, what good does that do you? Race the A class. Bump up, you may win or you may not win. If you don't win, you will be riding with faster people, which will make you faster. Plus you can win some MOOLAH! All you will do in B class is burn up money and time, for what? A little piece of wood with #1 on it?

And listen to the person who posted above me. VERY SMART! Put yourself in a company's shoes. Why should they sponsor you? What would they benefit?

But of course have fun. Dream big, big things can happen, believe me.

im going to the A class and getting my pro license 2013 its going to be hard when i got a stock bike stock everything and on a very low pudget with no help exsecpt for my parents and eric from SRS and if no one wants to help me thats fine ill find a way i always do

You should start at being the fastest local guy 1st because if your not winning every week at small tracks you will not have a chance at the big tracks. No one is trying to put you down but alot have been down this road already. I will ask you this " Are you the fastest B rider in Ohio? " If not where would you place yourself ? top 5 top 10 top 15? and alot would agree if your not top 5 in the state its going to be a long hard road. Keep your dream alive

You should start at being the fastest local guy 1st because if your not winning every week at small tracks you will not have a chance at the big tracks. No one is trying to put you down but alot have been down this road already. I will ask you this " Are you the fastest B rider in Ohio? " If not where would you place yourself ? top 5 top 10 top 15? and alot would agree if your not top 5 in the state its going to be a long hard road. Keep your dream alive

i am the fastest B class rider in ohio

Being confident and cocky are to different things...

If you want to get your pro license in 2013, why play around in B? Have you ever been to LL to witness the B class? Chances are that you'd do better in A class at the ranch than in B class. If I remember right, the B class had some faster lap times than the fastest A class times.

I don't mean to be rude, but you need to show why you deserve help instead of begging for it. As a 20 year old in B class, wanting to get your pro license, what do you have that tons of other kids don't? Start with some organization and professionalism... write down your thoughts, and schedule. Proof read. Change it. Come up with a good schedule of events that you want to do next year, along with previous results. Throw in a detailed objective. Specify how you will promote your sponsors, and get their name out there. Contact someone to help you make a good resume - if you are giving your resume to an outside industry company (construction companies, tattoo shops, car shops, any local businesses), which is the best bet for cash donations, add a page showing your bike and transportation that shows the area where your sponsors graphics and name can go to advertise... outside industry sponsors sometimes dont have clue whats going on (use a picture from decal works of a bike that says "your name here...etc)... You seem like you have the desire to do something with it, but you have to realize how slim the chances are. If you really want to take a shot at it, and need help, then you need to put yourself in the position where people WANT to help you. Also, for local businesses, go in person! Do not just send a resume through email, or mail... Either walk in, or call first to schedule an appointment. Let these companies know that you will tag them in photo's, results, and season updates on facebook (if your facebook is appropriate, which it should be with a goal like this) for additional exposure. Think outside the box.

If you want to do it, then put yourself in the position where you can do it... but youre going to need to work just as hard off the track as you do on it and in the gym.

Very well said Stephen. Your education paid off.

Listen to jon16 as well. He is incredibly fast, and smart. And I don't think he went to college. You don't necessarily need college like stated above. Just try to get a professional train of thought and success will come.

If I remember right, the B class had some faster lap times than the fastest A class times.

I'm not positive but I believe that is a thing of the past. I know B class was faster a few years ago but I think people have been moving up earlier now. I don't pay much attention to LL or other amateur nationals so i'm not 100%

As far as the Canada Idea. If you think there are no rides here in the states. There are less in Canada. Maybe 6 Spots in the 250 class and 6-8 in the 450 class. I was a 8-12th place guy up there for the races I attended two years in a row. I got nothing out of it. The whole scene up there is more laid back than here which makes it more fun to attend but getting any ride is a long shot.
If I could do it all again I'd chase Pro Purse races, you can make good money and you race the Privateer riders getting top 20's at the nationals. They get covered by vurb, MXP and other media outlets. You get good finishes at those and someone will find you.
Luckily I had someone telling me to go do a trade school or something, because I didn't want to go back to school after high-school. Now I make good money(for me) and can afford riding on my own. I don't HAVE to win my money back each weekend, makes riding more enjoyable.
Also unless you know someone that owns a company and believes in you, you wont get money from sponsors. I have a good list of sponsors but none of them pay me. However instead of buying a top end at 300 bucks you can get it for half. Which is a huge help.

Forget spending all your money on the sport and try to support your hobby within it's self. Easier said than done though.

Go to the races with the biggest purses you can find. Thats your best bet. Win them first, then someone might start looking at you.

go get em

thomas im chris grubbs buddy, i believe in u man dont pay attention to these girls on here talkin u aint fast, follow your dream if i had a kickin business id def throw u money just to get my company name out there on a super fast rider.

As a Team Manager, I do not really look at age but results, if you can win and make the name for the team and sponsors you are on the team. I would go get an education because as I learned you cannot race forever. Make sure you have a back up plan when racing does not workout. As far a "free" ride, good luck. I have put all my money into the team and now we need a monitory sponsor which is hard to find and that is why we cannot race this year. Not to put ya down but as a team manager I would not hire you because you have no A results and you would prob. be a mid pack guy or not qualify for an AX Main and that is how we get the sponsors is main event results. Unless you can beat the "Ohio" like such as Steven Mages or Michael Willard you cannot win. Good luck with the pro license.

in regards to everyone saying get your education now, why now? School will always be there waiting for you. I took college classes with a few 60+ year old women. If you wanna chase the dream, do it now. You're only this young once, make the most of it now.

Muahahaha i just like dirt bikes more than school, just saying...

the reason to say school now cause if you ever want to retire you have to put atleast 30 years in . unless you want to work till your 90

the reason to say school now cause if you ever want to retire you have to put atleast 30 years in . unless you want to work till your 90

I guess the worker won't ever retire if the government wants our 401ks. I don't think I'll be able to retire, unless I stop buying dirtbikes!

Back