Gun control

hershey

PR Elite
Instead I figured its better to start a new one.

Here is a good article with some actual FBI stats on mass death shootings.

Herel

So we are going to ban weapons that from 1982 -1994 killed an average of 25 people a year, from 94 - 05 killed 21 people per year and at its height has killed 138 people per year? On top of that, the majority of the shootings were by semi automatic hand guns legally purchased. I cant imagine if it were my child that was killed what I would want to do to the person who committed the crime. But to ban something we have a right to bear by the constitution is insane.

Check out his page, click on deaths in the US.

Click here

Lets ban baseball bats.. #1 weapon used to kill a person in the U.S..

Last night at kames while buying my AR, I watched a guy buy SEVEN ar15's that he had put back which were the last in house AR's, 3 hand guns, mags galore, and 3000 rounds of 223.. over heard his bill.. $9300 on one card and $1000 on another.. Then a dude walks by with 12 thousand round cases of 223.. $350 a pop.. crazy stuff happening..

I also look at my purchase as an investment. The cost of my gun has gone up already since I purchased it and will continue to go up.

American 223 ammo is back ordered 6 to 8 months. Kames has a small amount left and I'm almost tempted to buy another 1000 as an investment..

Guns never depreciate. I feel like they're more valuable than GOLD!!!

Every high-government politician has ARMED guards. Obama's secret service has more compact Full auto Tec-9s and sub compact AR's than you could shake a stick at. And they're all concealed! WHY DO THEY NEED ARMED GUARDS IF THE TRUE SOLUTION IS TO ELIMINATE GUNS?

In England there are so few Gun related crimes, but does the media report on Molotov-coctail, Knives and bomb related crimes? No.

I love how Politicians want to disarm the nation, and are using FEAR tactics like always! FEAR from 20 kids that got slaughtered. I'm greatly sorry for those families, that is heartwrenching.

HOWEVER, if every Teacher/worker in that school was carrying a weapon I really feel as though maybe a few of those kids would have been killed before the guy was stopped or he might never have done the crime.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people.

My mom always asks me why I have guns. "She says you don't need them! Nobody should own a gun." And I said, you're right mom, 99.99% you don't need a gun, but that 0.01% of the time that you need the gun--you have it and you can protect yourself from some Mental case that is walking the street because they're past the number of days medicaid/medicare/welfare will pay for the stay on the psych ward. The psych wards are generally empty December 30th, and start filling up on January 1st every year! Wonder why?

29604_476894795694920_94291518_n.jpg

http://www.marklevinshow.com/home.asp

Watch the Harry Reid and Diane Fienstein short clips on Mark Levins web page. These hypocrits are trying to take our guns, but it is OK for them to have theirs for "protection"............how can people vote for IDIOTS like these two.....I can not ever imagine voting for someone like these two.

I guess its time to crank up the reloading bench. Good thing I still have all those bullets I bought in the 80's and reloading dies for every caliber I've ever owned + others. There's money to be made out there, and I'm making America safer at the same time!

http://www.marklevinshow.com/home.asp

Watch the Harry Reid and Diane Fienstein short clips on Mark Levins web page. These hypocrits are trying to take our guns, but it is OK for them to have theirs for "protection"............how can people vote for IDIOTS like these two.....I can not ever imagine voting for someone like these two.
I have to admit. Ive read you all wrong. I thought you would be for the total dismantling of our 2nd amendment.

I think the NRA is having a press conference tomorrow. Should be interesting to hear what they suggest. Its amazing the media is blaming the guns and video games. Not only that, targeting the AR style rifle. Which was first SHOWN to be found in the trunk of the car... but that was the primary weapon involved. Yea, lets not question that crap. :rolleyes: Legit stuff is not adding up with this shooting. and the same can be said for the Aurora shooting. Im not convinced and I can see the agenda.

Yeah, you must have read me REALLY wrong. Conservative republican here......NRA member. Less government, more personal responsibility. They were talking tonight that in some states like Texas, it is legal for teachers to carry weapons, and there are cases out there where they have actually stopped some violence. Wonder why the liberal media never reports about that.

I am a huge proponent to have at least three teachers in the building that were either former police officers or military personal that are armed. I think that immediately changes the choice of the criminal mind on whether or not to target a school. They should seriously consider hiring newly retired city policeman to work part time as peace officer on school grounds. Heck these guys would do it just for something to do, no major salary or overtime needed.

Two Univeristy of Toledo students got into a fight, one died, the other one seriously injured. They used knives. You guys hear anything about that in the mainstream media? I heard a 4 second SPEED clip on WTAM 1100 about it, and it sounded like the last 3 seconds of an informerical WHERETHEYTALKSUPERSUPERFASTANDDON'TSPACEOUTANYOFHEIRWORDS.SEESTOREFORDETAILS.LIMITEDQUANITIESWHILESUPPLIESLAST.

if those idiots had guns it woulda been national media "COLLEGE/SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE DEAD, One injured." They used a Highpoint 9mm pistol but really the primary weapon was an ak47 that they found in another suspects friends trunk...

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...-1-dead-1-seriously-hurt-knife-recovered.html

I am a huge proponent to have at least three teachers in the building that were either former police officers or military personal that are armed. I think that immediately changes the choice of the criminal mind on whether or not to target a school. They should seriously consider hiring newly retired city policeman to work part time as peace officer on school grounds. Heck these guys would do it just for something to do, no major salary or overtime needed.
Schools have had police officers working in there facilities for some time. Here's one whose involvement has gone beyond safety to take on some rather unique duties...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/08/01/police-officer-stashed-school-attendance-records.html

My buddy is a retired Cincinnati Police officer. He has worked in an inner city Cincinnati high school for about 5 years. They have metal detectors coming in the building........but guess what??? He is NOT allowed to carry a firearm in the school. So he is there for security every day, but unarmed. he does have mace........Stupid. He should be allowed to pack a gun under that blazer he wears.

I would think that if we are willing to employ armed security guards to protect banks, ATMs, businesses, politicians, and Hollywood celebities, and yet demonize those who suggest we employ them to protect our school children as "kooks", we have a very perverted sense of priority.
Ironically, our "fiscally responsible" president who claims it is too costly and "sends the wrong message" to put armed security guards in every school will be accompanied by dozens of armed security personnel while he takes yet another multi-million dollar vacation on the taxpayer's dime. I say he should go to Camp David and we can send all those extra secret service we wouldn't need to a few dozen of our worst schools.

Tim.......your way too logical. The NRA press conference, all 30 minutes of it, was right on the money. But yet read what the liberal media is saying about their statements and the whole thing. I agree, a few armed teachers (and you would not know which ones are packing) would absolutely keep some of these things from happening and would save lives when it does happen, and unfortunately, it will happen again.

Camp David is not good enough for Obama. I heard that his Christmas vacation to Hawaii is going to cost the American tax payers something like 4.5 million dollars, and the the wonderfull first lady and first children have been on vacations that have cost the American tax payers something like 24 million dollars in his first term.

Now today, Rob Portman right here in Ohio, a republican and NRA member, is talking like he is going soft on gun control. I am about sick of Portman and John Boehner......both from Ohio, and both need replaced with good conservative republicans that no how to say NO to liberals. I wish there were a strong candidate to run against both of them.

I agree with the exact statement made in the NRA press conf., "the only way to protect our children from a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" I cant believe there is anyone out there opposed to this????? I would gladly pay from my children to be protected by a properly trained man in uniform. Thats the only way to deter this from happening. Anyone brandishing a weapon on school property is a shoot on site situation.

I agree with the exact statement made in the NRA press conf., "the only way to protect our children from a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" I cant believe there is anyone out there opposed to this????? I would gladly pay from my children to be protected by a properly trained man in uniform. Thats the only way to deter this from happening. Anyone brandishing a weapon on school property is a shoot on site situation.

I agree 100%!

Here in Erie,Pa most of the inner city schools have city of Erie police officers or private security.

WE SHOULD BAN ALL GUNS!
If we banned all Guns "not just Semi auto's or Assault weapons" the world would be a better place. Right? How about Cell phones? Automobiles, ECT? Well probably not. Look at what happened in Toledo the other night, that was a Knife Fight.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about the Colorado Bombing and Timothy McVeigh!!! Pesticides and diesel fuel - Not remotely consider as a weapon? The fact is Crazy people will just do Crazy things, Like terrorist, and Terrorism, its nearly impossible to prepare, or prevent, every possible scenario. Blaming Guns, pointing fingers, Or trying to Erode our constitutional rights is not the answer.

What I also find disturbing aside from the obvious tragedy is this. Now I may be mistaken, But I am Pretty sure the first several hours of reports on this shooting claimed that the weapons that were reported to have been used were 2 Semi auto handguns (a Sig Sauer-in 9mm I think) and something else. There was no mention of an AR15 or any other Rifle. (by the way AR does not stand for Assault Rifle, AR was a term coined from the original manufactures "Armalite" who made the M16A1 Armalite back in the 60's). later in the evening and the next day there was all this attention that the weapon used in the murders was an "AR Bushmaster" .223 Semi automatic and Of course relating "it was like that used by the DC Sniper"??? Now I understand there was an error in the early reports (The Shooters identity). But I honestly believe "this AR rifle" coming out of the woodwork is intentional miss-information, And that this unfortunate incident is being exploited for Use in legislation for gun control.

Oddly this is sort of like the "OYSTER Farm Link recently posted!" In the sense that Extremest are willing to create facts, or evidence, to justify their actions, "in this situation, gun control legislation" I would have to say (if this is in fact the case) It is disrespectful in my opinion, and scary to think about. Regardless of the facts, I don't think we need others infringing upon our civil liberties by writing legislation protecting us from ourselves. I sure as Hell don't think I should loose my rights as a result of another persons actions. If you decide to make choices about owning guns, cell phones, knives, or what kind they are that/s your Civil Liberty but YOU have no right to infringe upon my right to do the same!

What we really need is Extremist control, and legislation to protect the rest of us from these idiots.

My Heart goes out to the Victims and Families. I can only hope they are able to recover from their losses.

Yep.... 29,000 people a year die from firearms. Only 10,000 from homicide.

438,000 people die each year from tobacco .... Ban it
A minimum of 44,000 people die from PREVENTABLE medical accidents.....ban hospitals and doctors
12,000 people die from obesity.....BAN FOOD !

Hoping to get a gun soon as I want to learn how to shoot and safely use a gun...but I have to ask...what do people do with these assault type rifles u can buy? What is the main use of a gun like that for most ?

Hoping to get a gun soon as I want to learn how to shoot and safely use a gun...but I have to ask...what do people do with these assault type rifles u can buy? What is the main use of a gun like that for most ?

Most just shoot holes in paper targets, and pop cans, Some compete in tournaments, others maybe shooting Groundhogs or other Varmint control, Nostalgic reasons, Collectible, The Cool factor, Personal enjoyment, Maybe even bending it around a tree, or just letting it sit in the back of a closet collecting dust.

Really doesn't matter! That's Exactly the POINT. What is a person doing riding a 1300cc motorcycle around town at 30 MPH for? What does my Neighbor need a Quad Cab Dully Pickup with 48" in tires on it for? Its really non of my business its their Civil Liberty. Sorry to be Defensive But Too many people Just do not understand that no matter how good the intentions it is not worth loosing our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!

Back