Gun control

This is what I believe. If more competent people carried there would be much less crime. Just like when there is a Patrolman on the road. Just the presence is enough to make people mind their Manners.

You would be surprised at How respectful and polite People would become if this were the case!!!
We might even become a Civil Society again. No more People Talk'in sh!t. Less or no road rage. Less or none of what happened in Newtown Ct. I almost guarantee there would be Less violent crime. You see if a Punk A$$ thug, or even somewhat mentally disturbed, or distressed person knows they may have to face opposition or force, then most likely they won't do it, At least think twice, or if they do proceed the chances of success or number of victims are greatly diminished.
Criminals tend to look for EASY or weak targets! On the other hand if there is little or no threat, or minimal resistance from your victim, Its very easy! Don't you agree. I myself would prefer not to be a victim!

Most just shoot holes in paper targets, and pop cans, Some compete in tournaments, others maybe shooting Groundhogs or other Varmint control, Nostalgic reasons, Collectible, The Cool factor, Personal enjoyment, Maybe even bending it around a tree, or just letting it sit in the back of a closet collecting dust.

Really doesn't matter! That's Exactly the POINT. What is a person doing riding a 1300cc motorcycle around town at 30 MPH for? What does my Neighbor need a Quad Cab Dully Pickup with 48" in tires on it for? Its really non of my business its their Civil Liberty. Sorry to be Defensive But Too many people Just do not understand that no matter how good the intentions it is not worth loosing our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!

Exactly

Here is what the founders of our country thought about the right to bear arms

Click here to see

We have drifted in so many ways to having a government that they fled from and eventually rose up against in a revolution.

This case says it all for me.....

"The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the "high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and `is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power." [Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394, at 401-402 (1859)]

And this

" `The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, and not such merely as are used by the milita, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree; and all this for the important end to be attained: the rearing up and qualifying a well-regulated militia, so vitally necessary to the security of a free State. Our opinion is that any law, State or Federal, is repugnant to the Constitution, and void, which contravenes this right." [Nunn vs. State, 1 Ga. (1 Kel.) 243, at 251 (1846)]

WE SHOULD BAN ALL GUNS!
If we banned all Guns "not just Semi auto's or Assault weapons" the world would be a better place. Right? How about Cell phones? Automobiles, ECT? Well probably not. Look at what happened in Toledo the other night, that was a Knife Fight.

I believe Cain killed Abel with a rock and decimated 25% of the world's population at the time.

Hoping to get a gun soon as I want to learn how to shoot and safely use a gun...but I have to ask...what do people do with these assault type rifles u can buy? What is the main use of a gun like that for most ?

Target practice. And investments. Guns don't depreciate!!! You ain't buying $900 gun and selling it next week for 600 unless you need Crack.

So has anybody caught the details on this shooting incident yet?

The guns belonged to the kids mother correct?
And she bought them legally and they were registered in her name and all law requirements were met?

Wonder if she owned or ever utilized trigger locks or a gun safe? She had a son with a mental condition or psychological disorder?

Where is Dad, and or Grandparents at in this story? (heard Mom and Dad were divorced).

There are always premeditated signs and clues present or ahead of time when someone goes wild like this. I wonder what the mothers view of her son was. Did she think he was normal and incapable of such an atrocity?

Parents are typically clueless and live in denial when it comes to there own offspring. Most of the time, their beloved Johnny or Jenny could do no-wrong. And even if they did get caught up in something, "It's not their fault", and they are the victim. (BIND FOOLS)!

We have had to deal quite a bit with mental illness issues with family members of ours, and the system for dealing with mental illness is broken and almost non existent these days. Just push em out on the street.

Only a fool or someone with an agenda believes that "ONLY" guns are the problem.

People are the problem!

And when you think about it, our National foreign affairs issues are of the exact same nature as this mass killings issue is.
The reason a country maintains a strong well equipped military presence in an area is because you have some dictator in a neighboring country is a religious extremist phsychotic that thinks God told him to build a Nuke.

You have to keep the lunars on the path!

Where is Dad, and or Grandparents at in this story? (heard Mom and Dad were divorced).

T
His dad is a very wealthy man that works for GE Capitals tax department or something of the such. And there is much controversy about this subject. If you google "LIBOR Scandal you can get a background for what it is. Supposedly Peter Lanza (adams dad) was going to be testifying in this LIBOR scandal. The creepy part... So was the Aurora shooters father. Who worked for FICO. hmmmmm

I cant stand how these gun grabbers keep using the "you dont need a military assault rifle to hunt with" argument. Ughhhhhh that chaps my ass. The 2nd amendment wasn't adopted for hunting. And further more, the military doesn't not use the same AR15 "assault style" rifle that civilians can buy. And then you have the people that don't understand why you would ever need an AR15 or similar. Well, I hope that i dont need it. But incase i ever do, I have that right as a human. And if we let the gov't start to nix parts of amendments here and there, eventually we wont have any left. Or maybe not use, but the next generation. We can't afford to lose any bits of it.
I am even against banning 30 round mags. Theres already so many owned in America, every should always have the same advantages as the next person.

Hoping to get a gun soon as I want to learn how to shoot and safely use a gun...but I have to ask...what do people do with these assault type rifles u can buy? What is the main use of a gun like that for most ?

My first advice is to take a gun safety course offered at many ranges BEFORE you ever purchase one. Also many ranges have rentals that you can shoot at the range which gives you a chance to try several types an models before deciding your preference.

I absolutely can't believe what I am hearing. You people really think guns are the answer??? People don't kill people, people with guns kill people!!

I absolutely can't believe what I am hearing. You people really think guns are the answer??? People don't kill people, people with guns kill people!!

Enviro lobby and gun lobby both want MORE MORE MORE. There's no real interest
from either in fixing any problems. It's all about money, yours in some lobbyist's
pocket.

My personal perspective on the issue .

You cannot legislate insanity , stupidity , or hatred .

Man has been killing man since the history of man has been recorded .

A criminal is a criminal because they do not obey our society's laws . What good will more laws do ? Enforce the ones we have and possibly make the penalties stiffer for breaking them . As far as I know it is illegal to murder other people , regardless of the method or weapon . Bomb , chemical , gun , bow , spear , knife , club , rock , or fists ; a person with their mind set on murder will find a way .

There are millions upon millions of guns ( registered and otherwise ) in our country . Anyone who thinks they can all be taken or even accounted for is deluding themself .

A " military style " rifle is just that ; a style of rifle . Take away the black, pistolgrip stock , grab handle , and flash hider and you are down to what it really is ...... a semi-automatic actioned rifle . Mount that in a traditional wood stock and put a scope on it and it becomes are more " traditional style" " hunting rifle ". There are many different semi-automatic hunting rifles . It is apparently the words military and assault plus the " Darth Vader " looking stock/accesories that cause the majority of issues . The sensationalizing , fear mongering media seems to love to toss the assault/high powered /automatic terms around ( More often than not , incorrectly ) to get a knee jerk reaction and the almighty ratings . What weapon that fires a projectile due to the explosion of a propellant is not " high powered " and capable of being used for assault ?

It amazes me, all the people here, on facebook, etc. and we all have the same opinions on guns and gun legislation. But somehow the liberal media and the Govt want everyone to believe most americans want gun control.

I will say, my mother in law (who has a husband and all her sons, and son in laws, all own guns to target shoot, hunt and have CCWs) keeps saying we need to get rid of all these stupid automatic guns. So there is someone that just does not get it and understand the guns........but we bite our tongue, she is 76. But unfortunately she votes, and that is scary.

Guns-don-t-kill-people.jpeg

You guys really took the fun out of this. I was bored this morning and thought I could get at least a couple of you after me or some of you that know me better would call me out as being full of crap. Anyway was just kidding, I have had my CC license for a couple years now. Unfortunately the liberal media will paint the picture the way they want it seen.

Back