OMA X classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hondarjw

PR Member
Love what you guys are trying to do for the sport. I have just one complaint/concern as far as classes go. No senior quad class? The CRA races I attended last year had more senior quads on the gate, at many races, than other classes. Just wanted to voice my opinion for the old guys who may not know about this internet thing.

What I've never understood about this confusing motocross class structure business, is that if a 23 year old kid drops down to ride the Mini-Junior class, all sorts of

parents and kids freak out, yet if a 53 year old dude (me) races in 25+, nobody says a word. A precisely, peculiar and preposterous predicament - he noted with pleasure.

What I've never understood about this confusing motocross class structure business, is that if a 23 year old kid drops down to ride the Mini-Junior class, all sorts of

parents and kids freak out, yet if a 53 year old dude (me) races in 25+, nobody says a word. A precisely, peculiar and preposterous predicament - he noted with pleasure.
holy cow, you're 53!
You are the epidemy of class, I vote for the Rupert class!

I think they need to get rid of the sport clases and have a A class and C/B classes for 25/30/40 and one 50+ class

I think they need to get rid of the sport clases and have a A class and C/B classes for 25/30/40 and one 50+ class

Agreed. I think they will get the most riders that way. I`m a die hard racer but I can`t drive 2 to 3 hours to a track for a trophy. Doubt I`ll hit any of these races.

I cannot believe ALL THE XXXXXXX COMPLAINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF ? U wanna race or not?

Whine whine whine............................................................................................................

Love what you guys are trying to do for the sport. I have just one complaint/concern as far as classes go. No senior quad class? The CRA races I attended last year had more senior quads on the gate, at many races, than other classes. Just wanted to voice my opinion for the old guys who may not know about this internet thing.

SR quad, seriously???

Feel fortunate you have an opportunity to ride the best MOTOCROSS tracks in Ohio, unless, perhaps great MX track preps not matter to you as much as racing/riding around with a few guys your age/bodytype/speed. Find a class or two and RACE.

One might be suprised what may occurr if in fact we only had the appropriate number of classes. That would be sweet !!! 6 MX classes.

I think it's funny how the Vet guys are always the ones to say how great it was "back in the day" before all the classes and long race days.

Now here we are and the Vets are the ones asking for more classes. Show up, fill all the gates and PROVE that they can split them up more.

SR quad, seriously???

Feel fortunate you have an opportunity to ride the best MOTOCROSS tracks tracks in Ohio, unless, perhaps great MX track preps not matter to you as much as racing/riding around with a few guys your age/bodytype/speed. Find a class or two and RACE.

One might be suprised what may occurr if in fact we only had the appropriate number of classes. That would be sweet !!! 6 MX classes.
I don't think most of the comments are whining or complaining, it's just communication. If you notice how many new posters there have been, it's a good thing. Don't beat Em down, let the powers at be explain the reasoning.
Folks have questions and want to voice their opinions, the great part is that we now have an organization that listens and gives honest answers. OMA has already tweaked things as they go, so if you have a request throw it out there, why not? Just do it in a constructive way, the destructors should just zip it and let the X men explain to them the reasons. We as a whole are just as responsible of making this successful as the OMA team is. Ya gotta remember many racers just read and do not post, new people learning of this new org. Unless you all want to race against just the posters of pitracer I suggest stay within your business.

I think it's funny how the Vet guys are always the ones to say how great it was "back in the day" before all the classes and long race days.

Now here we are and the Vets are the ones asking for more classes. Show up, fill all the gates and PROVE that they can split them up more.

With me, I don't care, but I think most vet racers are either still training and keeping in shape and riding alot, or are alot more casual about it than the other guys. There are alot more vets racing now than say 25~30 years ago. That's why the guys ask for class structure in the vet classes. I personally believe that a organization such as OTHG would work here in Ohio. There are enough vets, tracks, and interest to make it work. Something vet oriented.

I don't think most of the comments are whining or complaining, it's just communication. If you notice how many new posters there have been, it's a good thing. Don't beat Em down, let the powers at be explain the reasoning.
Folks have questions and want to voice their opinions, the great part is that we now have an organization that listens and gives honest answers. OMA has already tweaked things as they go, so if you have a request throw it out there, why not? Just do it in a constructive way, the destructors should just zip it and let the X men explain to them the reasons. We as a whole are just as responsible of making this successful as the OMA team is. Ya gotta remember many racers just read and do not post, new people learning of this new org. Unless you all want to race against just the posters of pitracer I suggest stay within your business.

MX is my business.
I suggested to a "power to be" directly to add an additional MX class that would promote what I feel is the best racing anyone can witness. He said no. No sweat... no complaining or negative imput/communication thrown out to the "new posters"...

I have an opinion exactly as you stated, I expressed it. Sorry my opinion appeared larger than yours.

See you at the races.

I have a complaint.....too many classes! I have preached it forever. I like my class structure the best.

We joked about this the other day, but im seriously starting to think this might work:

Ok so here's the deal, you can sign up for any class your mind can make up, we will let you run all the practice groups, then we will give a 1st place trophy and you can go home! You dont even have to wait around or nothing. And forget about actually having to put in effort to race hard, because we know thats like work and stuff. Think about it, you wont be out anymore money, you get to feel like you actually accomplished something, and you'll have a trophy to prove it! I think this would work for about 50% of you.

Who's in??

Couldn't agree more, if you want to run an A class so bad then sign up for it. I feel pretty confident that I could run near the front of this +30A but unless we can get at least a half a gate of these riders without shrinking the regular +30 class it just doesn't make any sence even though this would be a class I would personally like to run in. Like Pit said if we can fill the gates and justify such a specialized class then I'm all for it. Time will tell.

As a 30+ quad racer I understand the desire for a vet class, but I would rather see the open class so ALL quad riders have a second class to race. Everyone has a skill level class to race and have a shot to be competitive.

Don't think that a vet class would be any easier, there are plenty of vet guys who will be up front in the A/B classes.

And there are just as many squirrels in the vet class as the C class so that's no excuse either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back