SPEAKING of TAXES Heading towards the *FISCAL CLIFF*

TCracing

PR Addict
Something to think about as we head toward the Fiscal Cliff, While Congress GRIDLOCKS over asking the wealthiest to help out a little in our time of economic need. This may not solve the problem, and sure there is too much spending, we need reform, and there is much work to do, but we are here and in trouble now!

We are all in the same Country and like it or not no man is an Island weather he can afford to buy one or not. As long as you live in the U.S.A. Enjoy the freedoms and Prosperity That she provides, and accumulate wealth in this Great Nation. You are obligated to do your share, at a ratio fitting, just as others have. Americans have given up more than just money, or capital, or tangible items. Americans have given there Children, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters and Thier own lives in service to this Great Nation.

Asking the Wealthiest to pitch in should not be a burden, or a debate. It should be a priveledge! As it has been for so many who have given so much. Shame on you!

I'm sure the 535 morons in washington dc will figure out a way to kick the can down the road and increase their salaries/vacation time/benefits.

A 10% across the board tax with no deductions is the fairest way. Would generate more revenue and help fix everything!

I love how nothing was mentioned about the fiscal cliff during the presidential debates. Now we are supposed to just implement whatever the president wants .
All of a sudden there is a fiscal cliff! We voted for gridlock and we got it. Maybe we should have thought about the consequences of our vote.

The biggest issue isn't about rather or not the wealthiest should pay more tax's, it's about Obama not being able to raise the countries borrowing debt limit again.

He says he refuses to sign any Bill that does not raise the borrowing limit again.

This isn't gonna be popular but we need to just let the clock run out and let the 2010 Tax Relief Act Bill expire, and let the Budget Control Act of 2011 go into effect.

It's time to force our Government to operate on a real budget and for America to live within her means, and any Bill that they would get signed averting the fiscal cliff will not fix the root problems here, and they know it.

I love how nothing was mentioned about the fiscal cliff during the presidential debates. Now we are supposed to just implement whatever the president wants .
All of a sudden there is a fiscal cliff! We voted for gridlock and we got it. Maybe we should have thought about the consequences of our vote.

All that Obama cares about now is his legacy and how he's viewed in the history books. Just like the Clintons.

Exactly, How many of us can run a household or a business in the red for years on end and just keep getting more credit?

Its funny how they say we as people dont save enough money and live within our means! Lol.... The gov cant even give us an example of how to do it themselves!

Im one for the let it fall over the cliff too. Its the only way to reign in that IDIOTS spending habits!

It's simple. Or it should be. Spend less. Pres-O seems to be stuck in Robinhood mode. He seems to not want to find a way to cut entitlements to the 47%-ers who have no intentions of helping themselves, their country, or the 53%-ers that they're depending on to pay their ways. Start bouncing the bust outs off of welfare, food stamps, Section 8 housing, those that abuse fun- employment, etc. I posted this on my F/B page. It seems to apply to this conversation:

In my soon to be 44 years-- I've learned that personal accountability is like the links in a chain. Those who won't employ it are weak links in that chain. They force the stronger links to compensate for their weakness. That's where we're going wrong here in the good ol' U.S. of A in my opinion. Until the federal govt recognizes this, and compels those weak links to step up their game, our "Glory Days" will persist in eluding us. --L*64

Here we go.
From Foxnews this morning:

Washington – Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner warned Wednesday that the U.S. government is poised to hit the $16.4 trillion debt limit in less than a week and said his department has launched a series of emergency steps that gives the government less than two months before it risks default on the debt.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...er-us-to-hit-debt-limit-dec-31/#ixzz2GGEbOh1g

They never should have coined this as a "Fiscal Cliff". They created the Budget Control Act of 2011, because they knew we were headed to this point. The bottom line it's time to cut spending and pay our bills. Our Government is out of control with the credit card.

It's simple. Or it should be. Spend less. Pres-O seems to be stuck in Robinhood mode. He seems to not want to find a way to cut entitlements to the 47%-ers who have no intentions of helping themselves, their country, or the 53%-ers that they're depending on to pay their ways. Start bouncing the bust outs off of welfare, food stamps, Section 8 housing, those that abuse fun- employment, etc. I posted this on my F/B page. It seems to apply to this conversation:

In my soon to be 44 years-- I've learned that personal accountability is like the links in a chain. Those who won't employ it are weak links in that chain. They force the stronger links to compensate for their weakness. That's where we're going wrong here in the good ol' U.S. of A in my opinion. Until the federal govt recognizes this, and compels those weak links to step up their game, our "Glory Days" will persist in eluding us. --L*64

Amen T.....you want to really know where all this is headed, check this out from Forbes:

"Under the Obama administration, the number of food stamp recipients has also grown dramatically, up from 28.2 million in 2008 to more than 44.7 million in fiscal 2011. The proposed Senate extension will essentially lock in an $80 billion per year food stamp budget, but for appearances will, “cut spending” by a token $4.5 billion over the next decade.

For perspective, consider that during the 1970s, just one in 50 Americans received food benefits, compared with one in seven now (15% of our nation’s total population). Half of all current recipients have been on the program for eight years or more. And as evidenced by the Obama administration’s recent decision to gut work requirements established to reform the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, ever- expanding dependence upon government handouts has evidently become official federal policy."

...and to think; Obama is proud of that fact.......

Simple fact is if you are going to give hand outs people will take it. To the point we have today, ABUSE!

Why work when you can live for free?

Where does it say in the constitution that living a basic life off the government (taxpayers) is a right?

Now they are saying its all Bush's fault...
imagine that!

Yeah! GO ON! tell us how you really feel! You wouldn't by any chance be say'in it's Obama's Fault would ya' He's one of them thar NAGROES just like that James Stewart fellar!

Just like where this has gone I hope those in DC can get past the Petty and Political differences and do what is right. I know that's asking allot I won't hold my breath!

TC are you trying to say I am racist? If so, you dont know me very well. Thats far from the truth.

TC are you trying to say I am racist? If so, you dont know me very well. Thats far from the truth.

@ John250 and anyone else I may have offended: My last post in this thread was an immature and tasteless attempt at satire to defend my views and position of the original thread. It seems it could possibly have been taken out of context, or misunderstood entirely, or maybe not.

For the record, Not that there is actually a record. Is there? I have no personal, political, financial, or any other relations, that I am aware of, with anyone posting on this website. Nor its adversaries (That means enemies), if PitRacer in fact has any, not that I am insinuating that it does. I am in no way affiliated with anyone on PitRacer. Or its associates. The views and opinions of this poster (TCracing) are his, and solely his. They are not necessarily a reflection of anyone else or that of this forum or its owner.

I never said you were racist! Although sometimes it would be easy for one to make that summation about you based on some of your seemingly unfounded negative responses relating to a certain JS7, and that was the reason I used that relation for the basis in my attempt to defend my views and opinions against the uncooth direction in which the thread has taken. I am sorry it was available, and I attempted to use it to my advantage. You must admit that you are very candid in some of your own posts when you are attempting to sway opinions or Justify your argument. So I think it is only fair that others may be afforded the same courtesies when attempting to defend their position or views, So I find it more than a little surprising that you of all people would take offense. I hope you can accept my half hearted and in-sincere apologies and I hope that you understand my position.

What I am saying in the original post is that Americans have always stepped up in times of Crisis and contributed, some more than others, ( I am talking about more than what money can buy, Like blood sweat, and tears) So in this time of financial crisis when I see or hear the greed and selfishness of those in Washington trying to reason why those who are capable financially should not step up to the line, with a couple of bucks, It turns my stomach. Not only should the tax breaks be renewed for the Middle and lower income that we are facing now, There should be some type of bailout for the Gov't as suggested by Warren Buffet by the Wealthiest Elite. And by doing so serious reform on spending and accountability for waste and fraud.

This is a hoot. The White House and Congress hasn't passed a budget in 3 years, and we just made history overnight with our country's financial mud pie, and it just came out that Mr Obama signed an executive order un-freezing pay increases for members of Congress and federal employees. :) Its so insane, it's funny!

WOW..........................As an American citizen, I have never felt so low in all my adult life that we as a country would be so stupid tolerate such BS as this! And we just re-elected this clown for 4 more years! We need to pull our heads out of our butts!

==================================
Fox News:

Alaska senators join lawmakers who want Obama to rescind pay raise for Congress

Published January 01, 2013

| FoxNews.com

Washington – Alaska's senators are joining a growing group of lawmakers urging President Obama to rescind a recent executive order granting pay increases to Congress and other federal officials, saying the move doesn't jibe with the country's debt crisis.

Sen. Mark Begich said on his Facebook page that if the American people don't get an automatic pay raise then neither should members of Congress. Sen. Lisa Murkowski said Monday she was "stunned" when she heard lawmakers would be getting a bump in pay.

"We haven't been able to produce a budget in three years," she said. "The last thing this Congress needs right now is a pay increase."

Obama signed an executive order last week that will lift a ban on pay freezes for federal employees.

Rank-and-file members of Congress would all see a $900 bump next year -- up from $174,000. Congressional leaders will receive a slightly higher raise, with the House speaker receiving a $1,100 salary increase to $224,600. The top two Senate leaders will see pay rise $1,000, to $194,400.

Vice President Biden, meanwhile, will see his pay increase from $225,521 last year to $231,900 after his raise goes into effect March 27, 2013.

But the pat on the back came as a surprise to some, given the lack of progress all year toward a deal to head off the looming fiscal crisis -- which includes $600 billion in tax hikes and spending cuts. Even if that is resolved, Washington has still done relatively little to address the more than $16 trillion debt.

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., introduced legislation Monday that would rescind the pay raises.

“I am calling on my colleagues in the House and Senate to rescind President Obama’s executive order that gives members of Congress a pay raise," she said in a statement. "This executive order was not requested by Congress and we should reject it. We have a spending problem in our country and we should be looking for areas to cut spending. At a time when families across the country are cutting back we should not increase government spending and add to the debt burden by giving members of Congress a pay raise. We need to begin with ourselves and I urge my colleagues to join me in this effort.”

Republican Sen. Rob Portman said now is not the time for bigger salaries in Washington -- at least not until the country can deal aggressively with its debt and deficit problems.

"At a time when our country is facing record debt and trillion-dollar deficits, the last thing Washington should do is reward itself with a pay increase," the Ohio senator said. "I am calling on President Obama to withdraw his recent executive order raising federal salaries -- including for members of Congress. Until a long-term deficit reduction agreement is reached, we should not consider increasing the pay for Congress."

Obama also OK'd raises for circuit and district court judges.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/31/obama-gives-congress-pay-raise/print#ixzz2GkJ2OfTf

Well you can thank all his supporters for this. You do know that organized labor is one of his biggest supporters, right? LOL!!!

Seriously though, I am still in shock that the American people wanted this bozo back in office knowing his complete lack of fiscal responsibility. Under his watch spending has increased at record levels, the national debt has increased to record levels, it has been the slowest economic recovery ever and he wants to RAISE the debt ceiling so he can keep spending borrowed money.

What household or business could operate under those economic conditions and survive?

That bozo got entitlement/college hippy voters. Romney got the majority of the white male vote. I read somewhere this was the first election in history to have a candidate lose who go the major white male vote........

What does that tell you?

Back