indoor MX in ytown?

Some of the things you've said came off as though you hoped for failure. NEMX did as well. From both of you all I've gained was that you're worried about Losing riders. Gain more by making something bigger out of it. There's what now? 5 indoors 6 including summit? Sure people do ride outdoors later now but I'm willin to bet that if all the indoors were to get together with the cra you could all come up with a considerably bad ass local indoor series. I know each track does or has done their own little series. This is all well and good but what happens when you're tired of riding the same place for one series of racing? Add the other tracks, make a schedule 2-3 events at each track even more could definitely bring in a good winter weekend income that would really help to fund each facility.

I have not said or implied that. Actually made it pretty clear that is not what I meant. I have stated to the contrary.

Moto has slowed as the economy. That is the number one reason. Until that improves Moto won't to a great degree. People need to take care of the basics before the have bikes, trailer, Rvs, and so on.

I don't believe that just an indoor series is going stop our sport alone from slowing as it has. I do however believe that initiative shown here, could by all means carry into summer/outdoor promoters and bring back what MX was 15 years ago. Showing up 2-3 hours early a EVERY race and still have a hard time parking. I will never call moto dead as its not. It's just slowed drastically and those with the means to make it liven back up either don't understand how to, or just don't want to. I don't know, personally. But I do know that there's a lot more than what's being done that could be done. It'a truly a shame to see it slowing as it is.

Is the vintage comunity still as big as it was a few years ago? Do any of you vintage guys go to any indoor tracks during the winter?

Every time we change our some peolple like it better some not so much. There are always people talking about the track last year, 2 years ago, 5 years ago.

can never please everyone. too forgiving and its boring and not challenging enough, too challenging and people are scared. nothing new there..

I agree to an extent. On the economy being te biggest deciding factor. However...do you NEED an rv and big trailer to race and be competitive? Take the the $300k equipment monthly payments and unbelievable insurance fees out of it. There's probably a month of racing goin into vehicle payments right there. Cost of hundreds in diesel fuel.

SO, back on track. Creekside.....is opening day still next weekend?

It also appears some of the other owners might be interested in some races. Maybe next season if things work out? What are your thoughts on that?

How many races and practices could you do for the price of a Pro Circuit pipe????

I agree to an extent. On the economy being te biggest deciding factor. However...do you NEED an rv and big trailer to race and be competitive? Take the the $300k equipment monthly payments and unbelievable insurance fees out of it. There's probably a month of racing goin into vehicle payments right there. Cost of hundreds in diesel fuel.

As long as all goes as planned with our next inspection, opening day should be very soon. I'll be sure to post a date as soon as I know for sure. We have been very busy and I look forward to seeing everyone out there very soon. Look for a GoPro video very soon also.

As far as races, we had thought about that before we ever posted on here. Just have to see how everything goes once we are up and running.

It's a good thing when I am excited to ride indoors!!!! (my brother is a moto guy, I have a big tank and steering damper).

Nikki, I didn't think I posted that u had aimed for failure, if I did my apologies. My thing was about all the negative talk in general. Though there were statements made about such things. I probably got thighs jumbled and mixed up. And nobody said ask for thousands upon thousands of dollars. Why is it that at the mere mention of money everybody sees ridiculous amounts in their heads. I may not be behind closed doors to see what goes on specifically but I'm beyond educated enough to have a better idea than I assume you think I do. I don't see any bashing, all I did was state my thoughts on things already said by you an others. So my apologies if my take on things that were said by yourself and others is bashing. That being said, for all intent and purpose you've essentially bashed on yourselves.

The fact that you automatically assume bc I'm not directly involved in what goes on with these business means I know nothing about it is ridiculous. To think that people don't see the costs that go out and the little that comes back in and make some sort of attempt to talk down to them simply based on that is beyond unprofessional.

RamJam, nobody said call PC and ask for a complete exhaust. I brought an idea up of obtaining sponsors. Gift cards here, maybe offer 2-3 riders a chance to win a sign up fee back if you get a turn out that will bring you in above the race day expenses. There's various different ways to bring in some kind of funding that doesn't mean asking or a thousands from each company. Look at little league baseball. They can't afford it on their own, so hat do they? They find sponsors. A little here a little there goes a long way. Find 20 businesses per each track to help fund a series. You mean to tell me that will make no difference what so ever?

I by no means wrote anything I hoped for failure for them, so get it right!!! Because I will be there. They came to our track I will go there. I'm not worried about losing riders cuz they are not there like they use to be. I posted how motocross is not how it use to be for the indoors. If you don't own and run an indoor you have no say on how the business goes...you don't see what goes on behind doors. We see how many people come, we have tried every little thing everyone has talked about and more. Sponsors???? The sponsors can't even give anything like they use to because they are hurting. So before you start bashing get that facts first. You have no clue. This thread is ridiculous...all I stated was how motocross is not like it use to be, everything should be fair in opening a new business, and defending our track on here. Just like the one comment from someone about the bathrooms??? Are you kidding me....our bathrooms are warm as he!!. Get your facts straight before you post then things wouldn't turn into a fight on B!tchracer!!!

Nikki, please read the posts all the way through to make sure you got it right. My comment about heated bathrooms was in reference to Pape's, MX153 and Off Camber, which are all private tracks with no bathroom facilities. It was a joke.

By the way, NEMX definately has heated bathrooms, they are the warmest spot in the place. I told my kid to go stand in there to warm up. Very comfortable.

Guys, if I can bitch a little too, this endless thread would be much easier to get through if people start braking their rants down into paragraphs instead of one huge run-on sentence. My eyes are getting old...

Is the vintage comunity still as big as it was a few years ago? Do any of you vintage guys go to any indoor tracks during the winter?

I rarely see them here. I think most of those guys go more for the outdoors. Kinda hard for them to ride the indoor tracks with pencil erasers for suspension.

Wow, this has been the most ridiculous topic I have ever read on any site. I am shocked Pit didn't delete it just for the mere fact of being tired of the same stuff being said for 19 pages. I usually don't comment on much on here but I couldn't take it any more. Ram Jam, NEMX, and Switchback are all pretty far away from me but I have been to each place a few times. I can assure you I have been to all of these places for my last time though. All three of you have stated that you have your indoors open for the love of the sport and do not make money at it. Well, guess what, any rider wants as many different track options as possible. If you love the sport so much you should be happy about a track popping up. (Yes, NikkiNEMX we know you just simply stated that motocross isn't what it was any more. WE GOT IT!) The fact is you guys have shown your true colors now and I don't know why anyone would want to ride at a place that shows their ass like that.

Creekside, this sounds like an awesome deal! Please start a different post telling us about your progress so we don't have to sift through all of the bullsh!t to find it!!!

There I deleted all my posts because once again you cannot even post anything on this site without someone turning it around, bashing others, or getting into a fight.

Good luck Y-Town and yes start with a new thread!!! More pics to!! See ya soon!

Wow, this has been the most ridiculous topic I have ever read on any site. I am shocked Pit didn't delete it just for the mere fact of being tired of the same stuff being said for 19 pages. I usually don't comment on much on here but I couldn't take it any more. Ram Jam, NEMX, and Switchback are all pretty far away from me but I have been to each place a few times. I can assure you I have been to all of these places for my last time though. All three of you have stated that you have your indoors open for the love of the sport and do not make money at it. Well, guess what, any rider wants as many different track options as possible. If you love the sport so much you should be happy about a track popping up. (Yes, NikkiNEMX we know you just simply stated that motocross isn't what it was any more. WE GOT IT!) The fact is you guys have shown your true colors now and I don't know why anyone would want to ride at a place that shows their ass like that.

Creekside, this sounds like an awesome deal! Please start a different post telling us about your progress so we don't have to sift through all of the bullsh!t to find it!!!

I'll bite. Ryan, show me where I stated my indoor is open not to make money? Please show me where I said that. You can't cause I didn't - I provide a place yes for the love of the sport but at the same time I'm not in this to lose money year in and year out - not one track is period. If that was the case then everyone would be out of business. True color this Jackass - read before you assume and post. My true colors are I live, breath and sleep motocross and it will probably add to my departure from this earth when it's my time. You see my passion for this sport goes way beyond yours I can guarantee you that. I stated facts off of Briarcliffs post a while back nothing more, never saying all the other BS you assumed I have said. What, my true colors are agreeing with ramjam that a facility should be inspected? Read my post you ass - I said it would be better for everyone once and if they had inspections - period.

My comments were going out to the three of you, kind of assumed you would know what you said and realized what parts were towards you and what parts weren't. Either way all of you have complained about a new track opening up close by. I have been around racing for a long time and I highly doubt your passion for motocross goes beyond mine but we can have our own separate opinions about that I guess being that we don't even know each other. Like I said I just kind of took the three of you guys posts and said it all in one response so not all of it was necessarily directed towards you. However, you should take notes from NikkiNEMX and know when to stop. Of the three you were the one who showed his ass the least until now. It is easy to be a tough guy behind a computer screen and I am not one to do that. I don't know why anyone that runs a business would act the way you just did , especially on a public forum. All you are doing is continuing to hurt your image.

My comments were going out to the three of you, kind of assumed you would know what you said and realized what parts were towards you and what parts weren't. Either way all of you have complained about a new track opening up close by. I have been around racing for a long time and I highly doubt your passion for motocross goes beyond mine but we can have our own separate opinions about that I guess being that we don't even know each other. Like I said I just kind of took the three of you guys posts and said it all in one response so not all of it was necessarily directed towards you. However, you should take notes from NikkiNEMX and know when to stop. Of the three you were the one who showed his ass the least until now. It is easy to be a tough guy behind a computer screen and I am not one to do that, so some day when I venture back to PA to ride with my cousin I will stop in at SBRW and see if your tone changes any. I don't know why anyone that runs a business would act the way you just did , especially on a public forum. All you are doing is continuing to hurt your image.

First mistake is "assuming" as again I said nothing negative just some want to as you said assume I did. I never complained about a new track opening up so again your wrong. If it wasn't directed toward Switchback then you shouldn't have mentioned of it was as again I'm waiting for what I said that made you feel the need to suggest I did? How was I being a tough guy? What "tone" did you hear via the computer and typed words? People that know me know I'm not going to sit back and let one assume and twist and put words out there that I didn't say. If I did then so be it. I never started - so why would I know when to stop? Don't threaten me and by your statement you did rather you see it that way or not I took it that way. What you going to do give me a beat down? I can tell you one thing - I can also guarantee you will know you were in a scuffle if you choose to try and or do so. No biggie take a chance Columbus did. Wasn't being a tough guy just speaking my mind since you want to put words in my mouth. My image is not hurt to anyone that can read and understand what I was saying. Whats legal is legal and ramjam in my mind was correct in his statement and for anyone that can read and understand they should see where he was coming from. Maybe s**t came across wrong, maybe I took s**t wrong but this entire concept of sitting back just because one runs a business and saying nothing and the consumer is always correct is bs/wrong. A big part of the reason this entire country is where it's at is because of people feeling entitled and and they are always right and trust me no one is plus no one is entitled to "direct" something at anyone when it's not true and expect someone not to respond. All and I will show my ass anywhere I see fit and it's a big one so sit back and relax as apparently you can't miss it as you felt the need to point it out to everyone with again "assuming" s**t was on it that wasn't.

Back