OMA Flyers and Posters

To set the record straight- Malvern was mentioned throughout the CRA banquet, the Malvern awards and Faircross awards were handed out that evening, AND Malvern was listed in the program and on the flyers. If anyone would like a copy of these progams or flyers please feel free to contact the CRA and we will gladly provide them. Good luck tonight to all the CRA riders at Summit.

Welcome to the boards! Now if you could just post results as fast as you post comments all would be well. :)>

7-9 does not seem like a very big window of oppurtunity for the 65 class. Bias reasoning here, my kid is small. We are 65ing it this year, he will turn 8 late may. I have no idea how long he will remain on a 65 to be honest. On one hand I like the idea of him being out there with younger kids but on the other hand the age limit may prohibit some late bloomers. I gotta get him pushin' some iron and eatin' some Mega Mass 5000 Super weight gainer 2000 Power up bars.

In my opinion thats why we have a 7-11 or a 10-11 is for the kids just getting into the sport, if we had a combined 65-85 beginner class, then that would allow a place for kids to learn, and then we could make the 65 class 7-9 like it should be. Remember all the "way too serious mini dads" out there are always thinking ahead and they know that they can stretch all of these classes another year due to jan.1 birth day rule. So theoretically, you could have a 9 year old turn 10 through the year and still race a 65cc bike, given this proposal.

To set the record straight- Malvern was mentioned throughout the CRA banquet, the Malvern awards and Faircross awards were handed out that evening, AND Malvern was listed in the program and on the flyers. If anyone would like a copy of these progams or flyers please feel free to contact the CRA and we will gladly provide them. Good luck tonight to all the CRA riders at Summit.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8jgGK4NJ8Hk&feature=fvwrel

In my opinion thats why we have a 7-11 or a 10-11 is for the kids just getting into the sport, if we had a combined 65-85 beginner class, then that would allow a place for kids to learn, and then we could make the 65 class 7-9 like it should be. Remember all the "way too serious mini dads" out there are always thinking ahead and they know that they can stretch all of these classes another year due to jan.1 birth day rule. So theoretically, you could have a 9 year old turn 10 through the year and still race a 65cc bike, given this proposal.

Yes that makes sense! I forgot you gotta make rules to make em advance!

I have always thought if your going to add another class to the day, we dont need 65 extra and 85 extra, that these two should be a "beginner" class. The way the class structrure is today, if someone starts the sport on a 65 or 85 they are tossed right into the fire. There are some seriously fast kids on 65s! Hell a could shoot the entire finish line jump at BC. So that makes way more sense to me than having an "extra" class that soon to be Pro 65 kid is riding. I am ok with 65 going to 11. Most kids are riding that along with 85s. My sons birthday is the middle of July. So he benefits from the Jan 1 age rule. But like on 50s we had to stop the class a year early due to him out growing the bike (he is tall for his age).

Georgie..........not embedding your videos is Gay, lol.

I love all the first time posters coming out of the woodwork! Lol

Who is the person who posted under the name race cra?

Does anyone know who is on the board of CRA? I was once told I would be surprised.

Just wondering. Cuz ive been doing this for 17 years and still dont know. Not pot stirring, just an honest question.

Class of the OMA Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried to stay out of all of this and keep my mouth shut but... ! Class !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There have been so many lies told about all of this from your CRA camp that I have let slide, REALLY ? !!!!!!!! You people need to get a life!, and take the blinders off ! I read all this stuff and have read the lies and let them slide. I have taken my bashings. You people just dont get it !!!!! What is the big deal, what are you so afraid of, that something better for the riders my be out there? That some people are taking a chance to give you all something more? The nerve of them ! Cheap shots over flyers what a joke! I read a while back that I was in talks with the CRA, Trever said we were talking and Dave backed him up! Funny I could'nt get them to answer the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talks really? Id love to tell you all my side of the last three years and what the board of the CRA really does! I am speaking for myself not Jason or Jeremy or the OMA. Just me cuz Im tired of this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chris Mosher

I want to apologize to Peggy. She pours her heart into all she does for all us riders. I was not at the banquet so I am going by what at least a dozen people who were there have told me. Just had a talk with her about it. At this point it really doesn't matter but it had been eating at me for some time now. Got home late last night read this and my temper got the best of me.

Id have to agree with u Jason I was at the Cra banquet an there was no mention of malvern for giving u a track awards with the other tracks

ron.pngAll i'am saying is you don't see the Wendys people standing inside McDonalds handing out their coupons!

I'am also just a rider. CRA, AMA, who knows maybe even OMA.

Mosher-you did take alot of unneeded bashing, hopefully you can put the shine back on OIR this year.

Jason-i know some facts. It's no secret about Malvern, you and Wayne before, during and after this past season. Keep the gas on and do what you do best @ Malvern. I'am not discrediting your abilities.

Georgie-the apple that fell off your bandwagon tastes just fine by the way. I'll take it.

It looks like the jokes can only be poked in one direction around these parts. As it appears only a couple words got all the hens in the house riled up.
I really want to keep the peace but I am also really tired of being called a liar.
Chris, are you really going to state on here that you and I never spoke last year and I didn't return your calls???
Because I remember our conversation. Both of them.
Unfortunately the main person that kept YOU from becoming a CRA promoter was YOU. We don't need to go into the details of why, as I believe it was over explained in great depth last summer on here.
So please stop blaming the CRA.

Class of the OMA Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried to stay out of all of this and keep my mouth shut but... ! Class !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There have been so many lies told about all of this from your CRA camp that I have let slide, REALLY ? !!!!!!!! You people need to get a life!, and take the blinders off ! I read all this stuff and have read the lies and let them slide. I have taken my bashings. You people just dont get it !!!!! What is the big deal, what are you so afraid of, that something better for the riders my be out there? That some people are taking a chance to give you all something more? The nerve of them ! Cheap shots over flyers what a joke! I read a while back that I was in talks with the CRA, Trever said we were talking and Dave backed him up! Funny I could'nt get them to answer the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talks really? Id love to tell you all my side of the last three years and what the board of the CRA really does! I am speaking for myself not Jason or Jeremy or the OMA. Just me cuz Im tired of this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chris Mosher

I only noticed one 1st time post. But that would be Peggy. It's stated there in her member description.
As far as the "board", no such thing exists. ALL the track promoters vote on issues that come up at the meetings.

I love all the first time posters coming out of the woodwork! Lol
Who is the person who posted under the name race cra?
Does anyone know who is on the board of CRA? I was once told I would be surprised.
Just wondering. Cuz ive been doing this for 17 years and still dont know. Not pot stirring, just an honest question.

The shine will be renewed by Jason and the efforts of the OMA. I am very thankfull for that. I dont have anything to do with the track or the operations anymore.

Oh your right trever I spoke to you twice in the spring and that was it. We NEVER had any talks of me having a chance to get in. You made it sound like you guys were trying to help. I have nothing to hide!!!!!! Yeah my season last year sucked. I had a horrible year. Im tired of this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only guy to step up and offer me help was Jason, and thank god he did. The reason for my original post was im tired of all the bashing! You personally did nothing to me. I could go on and on about a lot but im trying to stop myself. Why must this be a war? Why is the CRA so afraid of competition? Isnt that what your all about? Competition?? You CRA people are so quick to come on and post crap.

Really another mini class? Why because your kid is just starting to ride and can't win so people cry and say we need another class so they can win rather than work hard and practice. This is motocross it's a hard sport stay home and play tee ball.

Dude, really?? They're just 9, 10, and 11 year old kids. They're not teenagers or young adults. They are under our guidance and responsibilty. It's one thing entirely to send a beginner out on the track with older guys who have been racing for a couple years. The experienced riders have the knowledge and MATURITY to make decisions that will keep both riders out of harms way. But younger, and I mean 9 through 12 year old racers, no matter how fast they are, I don't believe are skilled enough to project future problems ahead with extremely slower riders, and navigate the course at the speed they are accustomed to. Why is it the lightwieght (125/250F) and heavyweight (450s) have A, B, and C classes and the class that needs it the most, the younger ones, don't. Really?....Really?...
I believe that it's with attitudes like that, it's no wonder the sport is dying. No one wants any beginners out on the track. Yet with out beginners, there is no future. It will die off with you. You can be that last guy on the track and be proud you outlasted everyone. You say play T-ball. That's baseball's answer to the beginner situation in that sport. Most well orginized sports have a beginner program. It's unusual to take only the good players and have a traveling U8 or U10 ball team without that area that the team is from having some sort of feeder program in place. Kids don't just show up ready to play Traveling league ball. Some thought should be in place for the younger beginners.
I remember Kenworthy's having a peewee track where they ran kinda their own program on raceday back in the day. It was a good idea. Someting like that to where it doesn't effect the grumps and complainers would be great.

Trevor, i guess i could have checked that! I only made mention of first time posters because a couple (other than peggy) popped up in other threads.

I really think kids are a lot smarter racers than Most adults give them credit for. And they are specially smarter than those adults who are getting into the sport late. (Example: C riders---true C riders.) Every 85/65 race I watch/announce I rarely see kids making poor decisions when it comes to jumping for a pass or any combination getting around slower/lapped riders.

I see more carnage in the Novice adult classes than I see in Mini classes. That almost seems backwards, you'd think it be the other way around!

That being said, I wouldnt vote for a beginner mini classes. Jr Mini is beginner enough....that's where most started. And yes, there can be a huge separation of speed but kids advance faster as riders than any adults can. (And you can nay say me and hiss and fuss over that last sentence all you want. My opinion on that is about as rock solid as my neck brace opinions, can't convince me otherwise.) But again, I'm never in the majority of thinking when it comes to MX. Whatever the class structure ends up, so be it. At this point there's no reason for me to cry about it unless I start my own Organization, which I will not and cannot.

I really think kids are a lot smarter racers than Most adults give them credit for. And they are specially smarter than those adults who are getting into the sport late. (Example: C riders---true C riders.) Every 85/65 race I watch/announce I rarely see kids making poor decisions when it comes to jumping for a pass or any combination getting around slower/lapped riders.

I see more carnage in the Novice adult classes than I see in Mini classes. That almost seems backwards, you'd think it be the other way around!

That being said, I wouldnt vote for a beginner mini classes. Jr Mini is beginner enough....that's where most started. And yes, there can be a huge separation of speed but kids advance faster as riders than any adults can. (And you can nay say me and hiss and fuss over that last sentence all you want. My opinion on that is about as rock solid as my neck brace opinions, can't convince me otherwise.) But again, I'm never in the majority of thinking when it comes to MX. Whatever the class structure ends up, so be it. At this point there's no reason for me to cry about it unless I start my own Organization, which I will not and cannot.

What do you do with all of the 12-13 year old beginners? That takes it from a level 3 sudoku to a level 8 puzzle.

Back