What really causes health care costs to rise

Sturd that figure Cosgrove gets: That doesn't include any endorsements and all of his surgical devices that hold patents which are used in the Operating Rooms during heart surgeries.

I don't have any issue with him inventing products and getting compensated well for that.
That's what entrepreneurship and the free market are all about.

I have an issue with the head of a Non-Profit getting an 11% raise while making his
employees pay to park. He and the board of directors certainly don't seem to be
doing their charitable duties when they are looking out for #1 like that.

As for the IRS scrutinizing non-profit applications, I'm all for them being even harder
on them. Many of the applications since the Citizen's United decision are not for
the reasons that are layed out in the non-profit laws. They are so people can contribute
to political campaigns and not identify themselves. First, if you believe so strongly
in an issue that you'll spend money to advance your cause, why are you afraid of
people knowing who you are unless you're hiding something nefarious? Second, the only thing
the IRS did wrong was not look at ALL applications sceptically and equally, apparently
targeting some more than others.

Hope you get your bike back soon - that sucks.

I don't have any issue with him inventing products and getting compensated well for that.
That's what entrepreneurship and the free market are all about.

I have an issue with the head of a Non-Profit getting an 11% raise while making his
employees pay to park. He and the board of directors certainly don't seem to be
doing their charitable duties when they are looking out for #1 like that.

As for the IRS scrutinizing non-profit applications, I'm all for them being even harder
on them. Many of the applications since the Citizen's United decision are not for
the reasons that are layed out in the non-profit laws. They are so people can contribute
to political campaigns and not identify themselves. First, if you believe so strongly
in an issue that you'll spend money to advance your cause, why are you afraid of
people knowing who you are unless you're hiding something nefarious? Second, the only thing
the IRS did wrong was not look at ALL applications sceptically and equally, apparently
targeting some more than others.

A promising response ruined by omission and repeating party spin in regard to the IRS scandal. Obvious bias and apparently unquestioned loyalty to a cause will continue to obscure the truth.

A promising response ruined by omission and repeating party spin in regard to the IRS scandal. Obvious bias and apparently unquestioned loyalty to a cause will continue to obscure the truth.

Do you have a specific argument or are you just yanking the chain?

"Unquestioned loyalty to a cause" seems to be what your comment, unless I'm misreading what you are
trying to say, is all about.

But you can see the ocean from the beach!

Ever surf Georgie? us-open-031.jpg

Can't see the forest for the trees.

As I was afraid. No actual argument.

It's too bad otherwise smart people aren't willing to think about their
opinion or at least make credible arguments for their biases.

"Obvious bias and apparently unquestioned loyalty" indeed.

I believe the wheels are starting to fall off of Obamacare slowly. Every single day there is another portion that is delayed until 2014, 2015 or 2016. 22 democrats have jumped ship on the Obamacare mandate also.

I cant see him letting it die. He dropped many of the besst aspects of his original idea and lost his ethics in order to get this thing passed. he wants his name to go down in history for something besides being the first kind of black president.

Come on. Be fair. He is too busy on vacation to work on that stuff. Or he was chasing LL regionals all summer. Which is the only excuse acceptable.

No. We need more government, we're too stupid. We domesticated Dogs can't feed ourselves you know. We need big brother to feed us.

Part of the National Academy of the Sciences, has compiled a report detailing developments in health care spending. Among other findings, the IOM found that an enormous quantity of cash is down to healthcare waste, or on anything but helping patients. Healthcare waste, including unneeded treatments and administrative overhead, makes up about $750 billion each year.

Part of the National Academy of the Sciences, has compiled a report detailing developments in health care spending. Among other findings, the IOM found that an enormous quantity of cash is down to healthcare waste, or on anything but helping patients. Healthcare waste, including unneeded treatments and administrative overhead, makes up about $750 billion each year.

Unneeded tests. Who warrants them unneeded? Do you not trust a physicians and nurses joint opinion on whether or not the test needs done?

Waste...maintaining sterile environments, clean environments. One use syringes...a lot is mandatory "waste" to keep patients safe.

How is this for unneeded: 3 weeks ago I was to have a ct scan done. It was deemed unnecessary, they didn't do it. A week later an abscess I had (which was confirmed by ct scan) could have been caught. Since it wasnt, it flared up causing me to have emergent surgery. How's that for unneeded.

Back