Mx 213 Sunday 3-10-13

I got out unscathed.....was squirely as a bird with a broken wing falling out of the nest....fun and challenging. If we can ride conditions like that everyday, Ohio would be a force to reckon with at the big show and regionals alike.

The dirt is just like high point and steel city. Suppose it should be as the track is just about on the same latitiude line as those d5 nats.

Had a fun day at the track. My boy loved it. It can only get better. We'll go back for sure. The people that run the place came over several times to ask what we thought, and explain where the big rigs (hook ups too) would park, and the better road to take with a big rig. Starting gate just put in Saturday, and when finished prepped should be great with the downhill start. lots of bikes, and lots of ruts. If the criticism is constructive (and these guys want to do things right), this track will be awesome. Really nice natural terrain, and a good layout, and great dirt. We need good tracks that are within reasonable driving distance, so hopefully it pans out for these guys. Never knew we had so many power plants along the Ohio river :)

Getting run over hurts just as much as I remember.

Sorry to hear that.
893445_10200397925247373_562205380_o.jpg

It will be a couple days before I finish all these but I will put a thread up when complete.

It's funny how 95% of the posts on this site are from the same 5% of the users, and generally in the same context. Don't let the vocal minority get you down. Keep on keepin' on!

Hey Woody? I didn't see too many quads out there but they still gave them their own sessions ......what's a 4 wheel opinion on the track? You guys like big turns too right? <O:p</O:p

Yeah I'm good thanks for asking. My head / face hurts, tire marks on one shoulder and a burn from a muffler on the other. Ahhh spring is here. All in all a good day.

Hey Woody? I didn't see too many quads out there but they still gave them their own sessions ......what's a 4 wheel opinion on the track? You guys like big turns too right? <O:p</O:p

I didn't get to make it (last family obligation prior to race season) but I will be there for the race. From what I've see it reminds me of Honda Hills, should be a great track to ride a quad on. Lots of corner options (ruts dont bother me).

When a fast guy comes ripping past on one.....nothing sweeter!
I still have one in the garage...will get it out again this year.

You said it best Sharc !!! Real moto no-doubt.... kicked my ass.

The YZ is parked, I've got 15 hours on a green 250F (for OMA purposes only) that I'm still trying to dial in...

Who was the goofy lookin/actin guy parked beside me, #740 on his race jersey ???

MX213 is Premium Moto as we been led to expect by these so-called asailants.

I am about ready for a new ride,
Im still on an 05,I love it.
Its the best bike I have ever had but I really have an itch for a new 250 smoker.
That new Ktm 250 sx has caught my eye for sometime now.
Its a toss up between that or a new RMZ450,cant decide which way to go
Really want a 2 stroke but also know how much I like my 450
I was against the KTM handling but after riding my sons new 350sxf I think they handle alot like a Suzuki
so thats not an issue
2stroke or 4 stroke decisions,decisions.

You go fast on both!! …how about an 85?
If a 2-stroke is what you’re after……those 2013 KTM 250 ‘s are one serious piece of machinery.
I think you can make it a 300 with just a simple jug / piston swap too.

Anyway….I’m out!
Off for some lovey-dovey RR with the princess.
You’ll get some good Moto weather… ya always do when I leave!
Good luck to Pit this weekend in SC.
Everyone, be safe and have fun at the Malvern Opener or wherever ya go!

See you guys in a few….
<O:p
<O:p

Oh…one more thing!
Big Ed….get on here and add “Big Ed at MX 213” or something like that.…. so even the lurkers all know that it’s the track people that are speaking.

Oh…one more thing!
Big Ed….get on here and add “Big Ed at MX 213” or something like that.…. so even the lurkers all know that it’s the track people that are speaking.

YES! I wish all the track owners on Pitracer would post using the name of their track in their user name. Like some of the other track owners do like BriarCliffMX,MalvernMX and some of the other track owners do. It's hard to tell sometimes if it's just some random person posting or the track owner,I can't keep up with everyones usernames...

Have fun on the vacation Sharc,hopefully you bring some of that nice weather back with you!

Ask the Leader, he knows how.
Next focus should be crowd control. We ride dirt bikes, we’ll take advantage of every inch you give us. You need to control us. Parking, foot paths, motorized stuff .
The flexible snow fence in front of the bleachers dont cut it. That‘s a focal point at the track. Everyone will be there. And ……. A, we’ll tear that thing down faster than you can put it back up. B, that’s a high speed section that bends us to the right, if we loose it, we'll go left … and into the crowd we go. Give plenty of room there.

Night….!

Ask the Leader, he knows how.
Next focus should be crowd control. We ride dirt bikes, we’ll take advantage of every inch you give us. You need to control us. Parking, foot paths, motorized stuff .
The flexible snow fence in front of the bleachers dont cut it. That‘s a focal point at the track. Everyone will be there. And ……. A, we’ll tear that thing down faster than you can put it back up. B, that’s a high speed section that bends us to the right, if we loose it, we'll go left … and into the crowd we go. Give plenty of room there.

Night….!

I had john kreps change mine, Ed send pitracer a pm. Unless someone else knows how to do it. Maybe hershy? He found the deal where you could edit the text above the picture.

Back