Chad Reed

Spagina

PR Elite
So, what do you think is up with Chad this year? Over it, too old, mentally not there, out of shape?? He normally is a slow starter in the series (by that i mean top 5's) before he picks it up and gets comfortable. He looked a little better after he ditched those forks, but since then he hasn't done too much... hmm it makes those forks not look so bad after all. This is by far the worst year he has ever had, and i think its just very weird when he gets stuck behind guys like georke for laps and laps. i know georke is good, but come on.

personally, i think after the serious wrecks he has had in the last couple years, his head is kind of in the place that K-Dub's was a couple months ago. I would put money on the fact that after this outdoor season, he hangs up the boots. I still think we will see someone on that TwoTwo bike though... maybe after he comes back from a broken shoulder, back, and collapsed lung... but thats just my theory.

He has made comments abot Kdub doing the right thing and understanding why. He is next for sure. It would be cool to see his team continue.

I think it Wilson will be under his tent for sure next year. I believe there is a reason that Wilson didnt sign with JWR racing, but it all just hasnt came out of the woodwork yet.

yz125 i totally agree, i wasn't bashing him at all. I was really pulling for him this year. I felt like last year was his year, and i feel for him. Nobody has gotten 2nd more than him... he's an all time great for sure.

I wish he would have a good night in SX to light up that fire in him again. If he could get a couple of leads, he'd be excited again and ready to go..... I think he's retiring soon too, but not before he gets the team set up with a new rider for the future...... he might do a partial year next year (sx only) to be by the new guys side for a bit before hanging them up.

He's done for sure after this year I think ... Will have Wilson under his brand and do a RC farewell race at selected events...

The last two wrecks he has had are def. in his head. He doesn't feel comforatable enough on the bike to go as fast as he needs. If he can pull a good start and get a good finish a couple weekends in a row I feel he will come out of it. If he doesn't and continues where he is, he will be done. He had really stepped it up prior to those two wrecks. I strongly feel he would of won the outdoors had he not had that get off. He still finished the moto strong due to the fact that the reality of the crash had not set in yet. I would love to see him string a couple solid weekends to see if it gives him the confidence he needs.

Pretty far off the mark guys. You should listen to the pulpmx show on monday nights. Jason Thomas is one of the hosts and is like a brother to Reed and gives alot of insight on Reed and just about everyone in pro mx.

Whatever else is up with Chad, we'll be rooting for him (and hoping to get another signature
on the boy's shirt) this Saturday in Toronto. Will be missing the G.O.A.T. at Ray's so
I guess that says where our heads are.

Go Chad!

Two kids that you want to see grow up and be able to ride with will slow you down just
a tick.

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

From what I gather its the bike and I also think he was just behind at the start of the season with his injury I think he will be here next year

Not sure if it's been said yet or not, but my opinion is it's the wreck that ended his season last year. Just like K-dub. Affects you in the later years just a little differently. Can get a new bike and make it like you like it, but God gave you the brain. You're stuck with it, good or bad.

Really has to be difficult for these guys like Reed, Has to be like finding a lottery ticket in the drawer, checking it, finding out its a winner but expired two months ago, for so many times! That really has to be difficult, Being so Damn close so many times and having it just out of reach at the end.

Competition is tough. He is riding good, but there are some damn fast guys in the top 5. As for not passing slower riders......watch the races. It is EVERYONE having this issue. RD, RV, Bubba, they all get stuck behind slow guys. One lined tracks, and easier tracks where everyone is going same speed and doing everything the same.....so everyone is having issues finding a spot where they are a little faster to pass.

Reed has a couple more years in SX.

K dub even was talking about the tight one lined tracks and hinted that he was glad to be in the booth.

Its giant arena cross.

Tracks suck. I said if for you John250.

So it isn't just me. I have felt that many tracks so far have been Arena Crossy!
Thought last week at Indianapolis was going to be the worst because its a little smaller compared to others, So I was actually surprised at the racing that came out of it.

I think we will have Reed still in SX at least until the money is right for the team. He's a business man and will move to strictly team owner thing in the next season or two. Chad has simply had bad timing having the Goat and then Bubba and lately the RV train. He just has had to be the 2nd place guy here. I give him credit for staying as long as he has.
Everyone seems to have the passing slower guys issue. The arena cross thing is so true! Though RC would just pass em! Lol... its so different now. I was watching some old SX footage and the tracks look a mile wide. Now its so tight it is surprising anyone gets passed without blocks in every corner. I know there are plenty of block passes, but there would be more if they weren't so frowned upon.

Back