Tomahawk Qualifier

Im heading down.....any one that wants to stop and say hi feel free! #01 on a genderless white red black and blue bike! Lol! Be there pitted with Pit sat and sunday.

I'm out. Wifey birthday. No kids for two days. I need to get some stuff done anyway.

You guys have fun play some putt putt or sump tin.

903254_10200626441932459_1895351713_o.jpg523390_10200826220607147_1957495093_n.jpg

Tomahawk was one of the roughest and ruttiest tracks we've ever ridden today!

Absolutely packed. 500 riders for practice Friday we were told. Easily more than that today.

Got smoked in unlimited support but Hershey and I had some fun battles.

Saw the next bub a maybe, kid named Alex Frye in schoolboy and already under contract with KTM. He was magic to watch!

That frye kid hauls ass! Pit did beat him in the second holeshot of our class though!

The track layout is awesome! Lots of elevation changes ... really wide and rough. It makes line choice so much fun and important. Pit and I battled a few times each moto. We could be 30' apart on the track passing each other still!

Side note.....we get back to the hotel and Pit takes a shower first. When I get my turn and walk in the bath room the toilet seat is up and one of Pits socks is IN the toilet ! Lmao!

That wasn't a sock, it was one of the wool condoms Hershey likes.

On our way home now. What a sucky day. Tomahawk is an awesome track but it was like they were holding us prisoner in the cold and rain.

We finally just left at 6pm skipping a couple of our last motos!

Wait a minute......

Why was there ANY type of condom in the hotel room with the two of you? Go ahead, blame the sore ass on the rough and rutty track....

Wait a minute......

Why was there ANY type of condom in the hotel room with the two of you? Go ahead, blame the sore ass on the rough and rutty track....

Meister I wondered the same thing...........seemed like too much information to me!

So we are finally home, and it's obvious nobody cares about actual racing or motocross......but I'll go ahead.

Tomahawk is an awesome track and has impressive infrastructure and facilities. However, boy did they run a crappy program. I hate to be the track bitcher, but I guess I've gotten spoiled with tracks really clicking these things off.

1. took what felt like forever to get through the program. When we got there Saturday we were bummed that early signup for Sunday wasn't until 7pm. We were like "crap I don't want to hang around waiting for that!" Little did we know that we would be running our second moto right around 7pm and getting up there to signup about 7:30. We were at the track for over 12 hours and rode 10 laps (because we could only race Unlimited Support).

2. they did not stagger start any races. Nada, zip, not a single race. There were 5 of us in +35 and we ran our own moto all by ourselves. INSANE! I went and questioned this and was told "we are not allowed to stagger start any motos at a LLQ. Obviously for 90% of you reading this you know this is not true.

3. There was basically no announcing of anything. On Saturday about half way through all of a sudden some dude had a mic and was talking about motos and such, but then on Sunday there was nothing. People were always just going up to the gate to figure out what was going on, and you would have like 5 classes worth of riders up there because people wanted to be sure to make their moto. They even had a radio station listed, but there was nothing really being announced.

4. It rained ALL DAY Sunday. 4 lap motos for amateur and 6 laps for A. First set of motos didn't get done until almost 3pm! Then they went out with a dozer, bobcat, and three tractors and proceeded to work the track for about 45 minutes while we all stood around in cold rain. After that the track was 10 times worse.

5. Consis. C and B classes always have too many riders. 99.9% of the time I've been at these, they run the heats early in the program, then the consis about half way through so they have a full second motos. Here they ran the C & B heats first (which was good), but then they ran the consis LAST so anyone in the consi had to go right back for first moto in a horrendous mud race. They also stated the reason they took a break to work the track was because the people from the consis needed to get ready for first and second moto. Am I missing some logic here?

Again, awesome place, but they need some direction on how to run a big event. Smith and I both skipped our last motos and didn't leave there until after 6pm.

Back