2013 Action Sports Racing & AMA Vintage national Rnd 1

Ahhh, Thanks Mark

Funny, I printed off that site page back a month ago to have the schedule dates. Then I buried the paper in the pile :)

May 4th & 5th races..............Pre-entry cut-off date everybody:

APRIL 26

APRIL 26

APRIL 26

APRIL 26

I was there today riding old bikes at the GP. Thinking about tomorrow. Track should be excellent.

rps20130413_202407_215.jpg

I believe all bikes can practice...

Did anybody go down yesterday?
I'm predicting the Action Sports/AMA Vintage National event to be the root of your 2013 regrets if any Vintage/PV racers miss it.

Their track offers a lot for the old school racer and they put on a good event. Have yet to be disappointed making the trip down.
We had a blast Saturday.

Took me an 45 minutes of power washing to get all the crud and hairy roots out of my bike.
Can't wait to line up Yamaha MX's in May.

I went back yesterday. Scraped that bike a bit and vibrated most of there rest of the dirt off both 360's. Bikes went home cleaner than they arrived. Mosher and mooch were there too with clean RM's.

Reminder, Friday the 26th.....Deadline for pre-entry.

Just entered:

Sat. 4th:Vintage
* Vintage MX....201cc-250cc B/C
* Vintage MX....senior (40+) Open B

Sun. 5th Post Vintage
* Hare Scramble... Post Vintage - Senior 40+ Open B/C
* MX .... EV123 Veteran (30+) Open B/C
* MX .... EV123 Senior (40+) Open B

Working my butt off any spare minute I can trying to get bikes ready. Way too many issues and work to do. Feels like it has came around too soon already.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to get entry done.

Also need to dig out the '84 and make sure it runs!

Does anybody else feel the entry fees are a bit high or is it just me? If I ride all 5 classes I want to ride both days x five events is a lot of money!

It's expensive yes at $40 per class pre-entry. But it's inline with other "national championship" racing fees. I guess I've gotten used to it.

For comparison, AHRMA charges $45 pre-entry (but gives a second class discount).
For the Loretta Lynn's Regional at Baja Acres this year it would cost you $90 per class!

A break for the additional classes would still help though.

A discount on additional classes is always a good incentive to sign-up for more.

Does anyone know how the HS is scored? Is it a number on the helmet?

A discount on additional classes is always a good incentive to sign-up for more.

Does anyone know how the HS is scored? Is it a number on the helmet?

At Mid-Ohio Vintage Motorcycle Days CC race they just use your bike number.

And hell yes its expensive, even when I rationalize and justify it with other good reasonings.
When I logged off last night, I'm setting there stewing that I just blew $212.00 and will still have to pay for 2 days of gate fees over that.

And with racing ActionSports in May, Smith Rd-AHRMA in June, and then another $250+ at Mid-Ohio Vintage Days I may just have to re-think the out of state races.

My problem is I'm a tight-ass conservative at heart (just look at my truck :) ) so it's a natural struggle to commit to it but we absolutely love racing you guys and others in Vintage/PV racing. And I want to support those that support us and our sport.

Mid-Ohio is very close for most on here so think of the gas money you will save having an event closer to home.

Plan to be there to cruise the swap meet & spectate the mx racing.

Found the AMA admission discount that saves you 15 bucks for 1 or 3 day addmission but does anyone know what camping cost?

From the AMA web-site:
For a limited time, AMA members can call (800) 262-5646 for advance discounted tickets ($25 single-day/$45 weekend). But hurry!
These prices are only good through Memorial Day weekend.
Tickets to AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days are available through Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course or by calling (800) 643-6446.
Single-Day Admission (at event):
Regular: $40
3-Day Admission (at event):
Regular: $60
Kids Under 12 Get in Free.

Maico Mark

Hey guys Team186 here, me and the track owners are putting on Round 2 of AMA Vintage Nat'l Series at Ballance MotoX in KY. So far we are pumped about concept and hope you guys race this new cool series. I am watching closely the feedback on here and other sites and we want to put on a good show and make sure it is what you guys want. AMA has done 99% of that in my opionion with their weekend/ class structure and with a nicely branded series at 5 top facilities. We just got to mow the grass and open the doors...

I hope the 1st event in Ohio is huge and rolls downhill from there, but funny enough as we were loading classes into trackside this weekend, I wondered if we were gonna have to pay the A classes, so I called AMA and asked if that was required? They told me we could if we wanted but it was not required. From what I heard at most vintage races they do not?? Running a vintage event is new to us, but we run very big races and thought that would be expected??

So maybe a nice carrot to some of you to come on down to KY and race Round 2 would be to pay some if not all the A classes??

But that could mean paying 39 of 115 classes on the two day, four event race order??

That might break us, but I don't know, maybe we can pull it off or pay 10 ro 20 of those A classes??

What's your opinon on that??

My direct email is team186@insightbb.com or post here...

We want your direction, thanks.

Steve H.
Bowling Green Ky
Team186 Promotions

Back