2013 Action Sports Racing & AMA Vintage national Rnd 1

Rode my 84 RM250 at an old school kinda track today and after a few tweaks the bike is running better than ever!

558+finish+corner+MO+2012jjpg.jpg

My 84 RM125 came with a mid 90's front fender but I had to put an original back on. Just doesn't seem right without one.

Rode my 84yz at pusheta sat got a few things to work out broken spokes leaking radiator hose stuck float etc

Spent the weekend tweak'n as well.
Most of Saturday getting the MX250 in race shape, front sprocket change, exhaust silencer work, (still waiting on Circle F), Carb work and experimenting, Filter oil and seal, nut and bolt checks etc. Yesterday back onto the 82 YZ and KDX with lots of work left to be done there.

I focus on having everything in the best possible racing shape as I can afford the time to work on, but more than anything I just want the bikes to hold up and have a fun weekend of racing.

Pulled out the '84 RM and just for you guys I went up in the attic and dug out the platipus and put it back on!

All set for Action S. Looks like me and AHRMA361 are making the first bachelor run in the toy hauler. Ms. Kari can't go this weekend......

I spent Saturday riding the 84 RM250 and 96 CR250 at BC on the C track. I think I have them both as close as I can get them for me. It was good to put in more laps than what I usually do in preparation for racing PVMX. Between those two bikes and having Cobi riding the Peewee/Pitbike track, I didn't have enough energy to try out the new A track layout on my 450.

Those twisty hills will be a good test for your camper/Tahoe set up.

The Tahoe with the 5.3 tows just fine as. I run 3rd instead of overdrive to keep the oil pressure up unless on flats roads crusing 75 when the speed limit is 70.

On very steeps hills if it kicks down to 2nd you can still do 65 or 68 without your foot in it too hard & only rev about 4 grand so engine is not running all that hard.

Best gas mileage towing out toy hauler was 11.5 & worse was 7 but we were running in the mountain doing 75.
Overall average 9 to 10 mpg which is impressive for what we are towing.
On the interstate we get 18 to 20 when not towing & get 15 around town.

Mine has the tow package from the factory with large radiator, tranny cooler & 3:73 rear ratio.

I bough a used one 2 years ago as the prices on new ones are crazy as most are around 50 grand.

For all around use the Chevy Tahoe 5.3 is hard to beat! Plus you can park anywhere with out taking multiple attempts likeextended cab pickups.

Maico Mark

Heading down Saturday morning with McGuire. Does anyone know if they offer open practice after the races on Saturday? Also do any of
you guys know where we can watch Vegas Saturday night?

There is a eatery on 33 about 15 miles West of action sports. Millstone Is the name. They have lots of TVs . It's right on the same exit as the Walmart!

Round 1 of the 2013 AMA Vintage National Motocross and Harescramble Series is this weekend, May 4th and 5th at Action Sports Moto Park in Athens, OH. Early weather forecast is showing sunshine and temperatures in the 70’s, which will make for a great weekend of vintage racing.

The motocross track at Action Sports is built with an old school feeling in mind. With rolling terrain, a few jumps for post vintage riders, and a Unadilla style “Screw U” section, this motocross track replicates the vintage era very well. Track prep and watering the mx track as well as the harescramble/gp course will make the course conditions

Tech inspection and registration on Friday will be from 6-9 p.m. Gate fee will be $15 per day and entry fee for all vintage and post vintage classes will be $50 per class. Modern support classes will be $30 per class. The harescramble program for both days will start at 8:30 and run for 1 hour. Afterwards motocross practice will start at 10:00, and racing begins at 11:00. Modern support class practice and races will be after all vintage racing has ended both days.

For all vintage, post vintage and modern class information go to http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com...ments/AMA_Vintage_Motocross_Classes.sflb.ashx.

For more event information, go to www.ActionSportsRacing.com. Make sure to Like us at Facebook.com/ActionSportsRacing, and Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX.

The Tahoe with the 5.3 tows just fine as. I run 3rd instead of overdrive to keep the oil pressure up unless on flats roads crusing 75 when the speed limit is 70.

On very steeps hills if it kicks down to 2nd you can still do 65 or 68 without your foot in it too hard & only rev about 4 grand so engine is not running all that hard.

Best gas mileage towing out toy hauler was 11.5 & worse was 7 but we were running in the mountain doing 75.
Overall average 9 to 10 mpg which is impressive for what we are towing.
On the interstate we get 18 to 20 when not towing & get 15 around town.

Mine has the tow package from the factory with large radiator, tranny cooler & 3:73 rear ratio.

I bough a used one 2 years ago as the prices on new ones are crazy as most are around 50 grand.

For all around use the Chevy Tahoe 5.3 is hard to beat! Plus you can park anywhere with out taking multiple attempts likeextended cab pickups.

Maico Mark

Going down he'll have nice flat highways and moderate hills, but the road leading back to the track location has a lot of steep little hills with tight back to back turns. Almost more fun than the MX track :)

Back