50 and 65 Parents??

The beginner class is a Oma class and not at the tracks discretion to run, the class is for first yr riders, my understanding is first year racers, not for the kids that just moved up to 65/ 85s for the first year. The problem is the parents signing there kids up in this class for a easy trophy. The parents should have the integrity not to do this to the true beginners! It's impossible for sign up to check every kids back ground when they are signing up for the beginner class so the promoters should not be taking any criticism for this!

Darrel, I am pretty sure the track knew one of those kids back ground lol...but yes I do agree that the parents know what class they are signing up for....if chillitown didn't have such cool trophies and a podium maybe it could have been a true beginner class.

One thing about it at both these tracks my rider had fun as did many many others. Both places are just trying to grow the sport, make as many people happy as they can and still pay the bills...so if anyone on here missed any of these races...try to make there next ones because its only going to get better!!!

Darrel, I am pretty sure the track knew one of those kids back ground lol...but yes I do agree that the parents know what class they are signing up for....if chillitown didn't have such cool trophies and a podium maybe it could have been a true beginner class.

One thing about it at both these tracks my rider had fun as did many many others. Both places are just trying to grow the sport, make as many people happy as they can and still pay the bills...so if anyone on here missed any of these races...try to make there next ones because its only going to get better!!!

Agree +1 ^^^^. Regardless of how or why or what, we will always go to Cliff to race if schedule allows it.. Its only 30 to 40 minute drive! Make the call whichever way. I think everyone wants A track per last 10 pages. The only thing I would like to see is open practice allow Minis on A track and C track during open sessions. I am sure this comment would/will make the bigger bike guys cringe. Schedule it and I am sure you will see more minis at your practices too. Thanks for the thread. So any chance of making that possible??? I know its asking alot.

I see what you guys are talking about. It looks like Chillitown sign-ups screwed up allowing these kids to race multiple classes. It looks like the 117, 243, 211, 284 and 265 all raced an additional class other than the beginner 65/85. That's not what Jeremy and the OMA intended, here's the original statement on the OMA's facebook regarding that class at the beginning of the season:

"This class will be open to any 65 to 85 and 150r small wheel bike. Rider ages 7 to 13. This will be a non points paying class so that should help with sandbagging issues. This class can not be ridden in addition to another 65 or 85 class. You must pick one or the other. The rider will only be eligible for this class for 1 year from the date of their first race entry in that class. We really are trying to create solutions that promote better racing."

The beginner class is a Oma class and not at the tracks discretion to run, the class is for first yr riders, my understanding is first year racers, not for the kids that just moved up to 65/ 85s for the first year. The problem is the parents signing there kids up in this class for a easy trophy. The parents should have the integrity not to do this to the true beginners! It's impossible for sign up to check every kids back ground when they are signing up for the beginner class so the promoters should not be taking any criticism for this!

^^^thats been the c class problem since the beginning of moto.

All of your responses have been Very well said and taken Darrel. I hope you'll be racing at the next oma event. The sport needs more moto dads like yourself! You clearly aren't in the psycho ball park as most, because most would of blew the roof off the house in response to my last post.

72127_502709543110015_216966470_n.jpg
joking

I see what you guys are talking about. It looks like Chillitown sign-ups screwed up allowing these kids to race multiple classes. It looks like the 117, 243, 211, 284 and 265 all raced an additional class other than the beginner 65/85. That's not what Jeremy and the OMA intended, here's the original statement on the OMA's facebook regarding that class at the beginning of the season:

"This class will be open to any 65 to 85 and 150r small wheel bike. Rider ages 7 to 13. This will be a non points paying class so that should help with sandbagging issues. This class can not be ridden in addition to another 65 or 85 class. You must pick one or the other. The rider will only be eligible for this class for 1 year from the date of their first race entry in that class. We really are trying to create solutions that promote better racing."

That is very disturbing. I think at least two of those riders do not belong in beginner, if the those results are typical. Regardless that was definitely not the intent. I would say I am disappointed with mini classes in general, but mainly due to the amount of time we are spending trying develop rules to reign in the actions of parents. I know the kids just want to race, they don't have time to talk about this stuff. I feel bad for the little guys don't understand all of this ruckus.

In a utopian world, I would like to see Briarcliff have an amateur national! Now how do we get that to happen?

It doesn't take too much looking on the web to see that one of those riders in the beginner class at the Chilli race is in at least his fifth year of racing. That includes a number of wins in a 65 class last year as well. The photo's I saw of the Chilli trophies did look good though...

In a utopian world, I would like to see Briarcliff have an amateur national! Now how do we get that to happen?

Show up August 30th-Sept1st, tell all your friends and everybody in your address book. You all control the growth of the Battle, the ball is your court ohio, it's your race.

Tell all friends out of state, because its not just North vs South, we need invaders too.

I fully understood it was a beginner class. Usually in D11 I would sign Matthew up for 65 7-11, 65 extra and 85 9-11. I knew that in OMA the second 65 class was a beginner class, and I can ASSURE you, those numbers you called off, are NOT beginners. So in my opinion it is up to the OMA to better police this at the remainder of their races.

I think it is awesome what OMA is doing and the results are showing. People are excited to race their races, and the turnouts for this early in the year are great. I do have a complaint though, and MANY others here still feel the same way. I really wish OMA would have really looked at the class structure to totally fill gates up and eliminate some classes. with all the OMA quad classes, they have more classes than D11 ever had. Chilitown had 27 motos! I really wish they would have seriously tried to do something different in this direction. One example......how many C riders own two bikes? My guess is only a very few. Why not have one C class........run what you brought? A 450, 250, 250T, 125.....if your a C rider, your a C rider.

I have it down to 18 gates from the 27 they had last week. Too me the classes not listed are not needed.
1. 50 oil injected
2. 50 Sr / 50 jr (double gate)
3. 65
4. 65-85 beginner
5. Mini Jr
6. Mini Sr
7. Schoolboy 12-16
8. 25+
9. 30+
10. 40+
11. 250 B
12. 450 B
13. C class (125-450)
14. Girls / Women (double gate)
15. Pro
16. Quad
17. Mini Quad
18. Quad Pro

Has anyone been to the Baja Brawl? Program is ran smoothly and give options to beginners to ride a smaller track and they all run off the same gate. Someone dominates the small track 2 or 3 times, they get moved up to the big track. Once they r on big track, even if you initially signed up for the big track, you remain on the big track.

I fully understood it was a beginner class. Usually in D11 I would sign Matthew up for 65 7-11, 65 extra and 85 9-11. I knew that in OMA the second 65 class was a beginner class, and I can ASSURE you, those numbers you called off, are NOT beginners. So in my opinion it is up to the OMA to better police this at the remainder of their races.

I think it is awesome what OMA is doing and the results are showing. People are excited to race their races, and the turnouts for this early in the year are great. I do have a complaint though, and MANY others here still feel the same way. I really wish OMA would have really looked at the class structure to totally fill gates up and eliminate some classes. with all the OMA quad classes, they have more classes than D11 ever had. Chilitown had 27 motos! I really wish they would have seriously tried to do something different in this direction. One example......how many C riders own two bikes? My guess is only a very few. Why not have one C class........run what you brought? A 450, 250, 250T, 125.....if your a C rider, your a C rider.

I have it down to 18 gates from the 27 they had last week. Too me the classes not listed are not needed.
1. 50 oil injected
2. 50 Sr / 50 jr (double gate)
3. 65
4. 65-85 beginner
5. Mini Jr
6. Mini Sr
7. Schoolboy 12-16
8. 25+
9. 30+
10. 40+
11. 250 B
12. 450 B
13. C class (125-450)
14. Girls / Women (double gate)
15. Pro
16. Quad
17. Mini Quad
18. Quad Pro

I thought it would be that simple too. I hear ya John, but everyone's for cutting classes till its their class. I actually had the quad classes whittled to about 5, and I received a lot of disgruntled emails and fb posts. Remember when asked about the C classes (bikes) being combined? The backlash was insane. We are still catching hell over one A/Pro bike class. I can't imagine eliminating schoolboy or 16-24. We are not that bold. The 2 stroke is actually interesting to me, and it seems to be drawing some numbers when compared with others.

The only thing is sometimes you cant run the sr50 with the jr50 unless the track is long. We were never at Briarcliff yet but planning on it. Ran into situations at smaller tracks where seniors were jumping over juniors. Not a good situation to have at a track.

I thought it would be that simple too. I hear ya John, but everyone's for cutting classes till its their class. I actually had the quad classes whittled to about 5, and I received a lot of disgruntled emails and fb posts. Remember when asked about the C classes (bikes) being combined? The backlash was insane. We are still catching hell over one A/Pro bike class. I can't imagine eliminating schoolboy or 16-24. We are not that bold. The 2 stroke is actually interesting to me, and it seems to be drawing some numbers when compared with others.

That is what the OMA is .....bold. Looking to make changes. And if you continue to have the best races, best prepped tracks, and most swag.......those same people complaining will still be coming and riding a class. I did not eliminate schoolboy, I eliminated supermini....they can ride schoolboy. C class......if the novice C class guys don't like it......move up to B class. I took the list and tried to go back to more the class structure from when I started and was young, plus some more yet. Over the years, we just kept adding classes, and classes, and more classes........How many classes do people need. How many ways does a 12 year old need to race in a different class.......If you have the BEST product, which from what I am seeing already, your going to have.....those that complain will still be showing up. Except Brenner who is still upset over no 25A or 30A.

That is what the OMA is .....bold. Looking to make changes. And if you continue to have the best races, best prepped tracks, and most swag.......those same people complaining will still be coming and riding a class. I did not eliminate schoolboy, I eliminated supermini....they can ride schoolboy. C class......if the novice C class guys don't like it......move up to B class. I took the list and tried to go back to more the class structure from when I started and was young, plus some more yet. Over the years, we just kept adding classes, and classes, and more classes........How many classes do people need. How many ways does a 12 year old need to race in a different class.......If you have the BEST product, which from what I am seeing already, your going to have.....those that complain will still be showing up. Except Brenner who is still upset over no 25A or 30A.

Lol, yep. Maybe after this first year we can build our sponsorship and a contingency program and become bolder for 2014.

combining C class would be ridiculous.. theres already a billion 250C riders and 450C riders, theres no way in hell you could combine it to make one C class. however, i could see eliminating collegeboy and schoolboy. all it is, is a chance for everyone to race together. A, B, and C. then why have A, B, or C class if they're just gonna run together? you have supermini and sr mini, why do you need schoolboy as well? so again, i could see getting rid of collegeboy and schoolboy. btw, how did this get from 50 and 65 parents to eliminating classes? LOL

I'm not a C class rider, but when the majority of people race C class, you can't combine. you would get way too many people in the class, and have to split it up anyways. might as well just leave them split from the beginning. stagger start, combine classes. whatever works. if there are 5 girls in the women class and 5 girls in the girls class, start them together. score them separate, but start together. then stagger like +40 or whoever. there are ways to make the day shorter without actually eliminating classes or turning them into 1 class.

Back